655 replies to this topic

#41 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

my point is that we absolutely need to get goals this season, at this point its wtv it takes. We lost Parise, Clarkson and Kovy thats a LOT of goals and not scoring goals is what killed us last year. and not scoring in the shootouts also killed us. Goal scorers are like that, they may not be the best overall player all game long, but they'll have an opportunity late and BOOM they bury it and they have the first star of the game and people forget how bad they were all game long lol.

People only remember Crosby scoring the goal winning goal, people were bashing him the whole tournament, we mostly all just remember Henrique scoring that OT winner against florida and against the Rags... people were bashing his contribution other than that all playoffs long. We have enough defensive minded forwards, a good defence and better goaltending. We got that part cover i feel so we really need those guys who wont hurt you too much defensively and simply snipe goals.

financial troubles aside. i HATED watching the team not scoring last season and watching us been using 8Dmen rotating them while having lots of good ones in the minors and absolutely no scoring depth up front + looking at like 14m of un-used cap space or wtv what it was back then. 

so basically i REALLY rather see a guy who can hit the back of the net for an extra million rather than looking at all that wasted cap space and Dmen who cant score

Edited by SterioDesign, 13 July 2013 - 11:58 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#42 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Detroit doesn't make many mistakes and they couldn't pass on Brunner for ancient Alfie fast enough...buyer beware.

Detroit wanted Brunner back, just not at the price and years he's asking for, or at least that's what you're hearing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#43 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Grabo-Brunner

Henrique-Loktionov-Zubrus

Raymond-Carter-Bernier

That works for me. If Raymond is pushing it I know YaYo can play wing when need be. Though without Raymond the lineup would then be CBGB and JJ going whenever needed.

n2eg.jpg

#44 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Clowe-Grabo-Brunner
Henrique-Loktionov-Zubrus
Raymond-Carter-Bernier

That works for me. If Raymond is pushing it I know YaYo can play wing when need be. Though without Raymond the lineup would then be CBGB and JJ going whenever needed.

Raymond wouldn't sign on to be a 4th line forward
25smul5.png

#45 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Raymond wouldn't sign on to be a 4th line forward

I thought he played on the fourth line on the Canucks for some games. Guess not?

n2eg.jpg

#46 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

I thought he played on the fourth line on the Canucks for some games. Guess not?

He probably did due to A. recovering from broken veterbrae and B. he wasn't producing.

I'm still in for Boyes on the third line.

#47 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Pretty good analysis here

http://www.inlouwetr...-damien-brunner

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#48 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Detroit wanted Brunner back, just not at the price and years he's asking for, or at least that's what you're hearing. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And since when does Detroit let a talented under-30 player walk over 500k a year on a 2-3 year deal?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#49 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

And since when does Detroit let a talented under-30 player walk over 500k a year on a 2-3 year deal?

because they have just over 2 million to re-sign Nyquist, Smith and Andersson

http://www.capgeek.com/redwings/

Edited by SMantzas, 13 July 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#50 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

We lost our three 30-goal scores from two years ago when we made it to the cup. Sign whoever this offseason but do not paralyze our cap for the next two years or so because we're gonna need at least one big name to replace what we lost

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#51 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

well they kinda have 2.3m of free cap space, with 10m left like us im sure they would have signed him

www.SterioDesign.com

#52 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

I like those lines a lot. Getting all 3 seems a bit optimistic, but Brunner & Grabo would be sweet (even though 1 year of Jagr seems better to me). Put Olesz in there instead of Raymond and it still looks pretty solid to me.
Posted Image

#53 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Check out this move...

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#54 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,079 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

They have a bunch of young forwards who are NHL ready and have invested nothing at all in Brunner.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#55 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

My only concern is that Brunner sounds like a bigger version of Tedenby. He doesn't play defense, he was a minus 6 and he's not strong on the puck

Here's his scouting report:

Assets:    Has a proven track record for scoring at lower levels, particularly in Europe. His offensive instincts are excellent, and he also boasts a good shot.

Flaws:    Is undersized, a bit weak on the puck and somewhat passive in his overall approach. Therefore, he needs to make adjustments to North America.

#56 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

My only concern is that Brunner sounds like a bigger version of Tedenby. He doesn't play defense, he was a minus 6 and he's not strong on the puck

Here's his scouting report:

Assets:    Has a proven track record for scoring at lower levels, particularly in Europe. His offensive instincts are excellent, and he also boasts a good shot.

Flaws:    Is undersized, a bit weak on the puck and somewhat passive in his overall approach. Therefore, he needs to make adjustments to North America.

Sounds exactly like Teddy. My excitment just deflated.

n2eg.jpg

#57 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Brunner would be a good signing as long as Lou brings in another forward whether it be Jagr, Boyes or someone else.

#58 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

If he is signed by the Devils, let's hope he is able to keep his #24 if you know what I mean...

Brunner would be a good signing as long as Lou brings in another forward whether it be Jagr, Boyes or someone else.

I don't know how this will be possible without a trade.

#59 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

Grabo would be possible because he's a center but a winger like Boyes or Jagr I just don't see.

n2eg.jpg

#60 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Someone on one of the other sites said Brunner is an asset because he's a right handed shot and there aren't many left. Boyes is a right handed shot, proven and probably cheaper. I'm really high on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users