655 replies to this topic

#141 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

not sure if that dude is legit he doesnt even have 300 followers but here's what he's saying

per Nick Barlotta

Hearing deal is imminent between Devils and Brunner.. hearing 3 million for 4 years.. also hearing devs had talked with Mason Raymond

Devils and Brunner are patching out details.. mind you DEAL IS NOT DONE... but Mason Raymond could be done before Brunner.. 4 years 2.75 per

so I say it and poof they do it.. coming from my source Devils have looked into Gagne but seems he want a little more then hoped.

*Correction* was just told by my NJD source... Mason Raymond 2.75 is not the money amount and 4 years is not the years... so we wait

So what has your source told you? Just want to clarify, are we or are we not going after Raymond? They've passed in Gagne? And they are definitely in on Brunner?
Also earlier in the week you said that they are shopping A-train, and a trade could come this upcoming week. Is that still true?

#142 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

with or without Brunner/Raymond we wont have a goon in the lineup this year. Maybe for some games but I doubt the go with a goon.
Top 12 forwards

Elias

Zajac

Ryder

Henrique

Loktionov

Clowe

Zubrus

Josefson

Olesz

Carter

Bernier

Gionta

Without Brunner or Raymond a goon would be a 13th forward

It's pretty scary that a 37 year old is our best forward.  Something has to be done about that.  If something happens to Elias this year we are totally fvcked.  This alone leaves me to believe that Lou will make a bold move before to long.  He's going to put on some bandaids with a guy like Brunner.  But I have to expect he's going to package something together to get a scorer.  He has to.  Outside of Vanek, who we know is available, who else is there that is available?  I don't mind stock piling guys like Raymond and Brunner and whoever else because you know some other guys are going to have to go to get that legit scorer.  I don't think anyone is off the table at this point.  Including some very favorites...

Edited by capo, 14 July 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#143 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hockey Buzz Єklund (2.3% accurate) ‏@Єklund (2.3% accurate)

The latest. Phaneuf and the Devils? (E3). Also big trades coming to Alberta? http://www.hockeybuzz.com/ 

Hahaha LOL.

E3 guys, E3

Edited by Devs3cups, 14 July 2013 - 10:52 AM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#144 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

It seems like you're attacking him when all he's doing is posting a guys tweets that he followed up saying that he's not sure if this is a credible source

#145 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

Hahaha LOL.

E3 guys, E3

first basemen suck

#146 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

i'd take Brunner over Raymond cause he's a pure goal scorer, raymond can produce a little but he's never been a big scorer. basically in this case i'd go for the highest ceiling

I don't want a pure goal scorer though. Maybe before the Kovy situation that would be a nice addition, but then the money wouldn't be there. I still take Raymond because he's the safer bet. They're both he same age, the difference is we've seen what Raymond can do for 5+ years and would know what we're getting. I'm not really sure we can take liberties on paying a guy for his ceiling, when he hasn't even played an entire season.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#147 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,113 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm hearing a deal between the Devils and Gordie Howe is imminent.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#148 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Bettman dos not decide on rule changes. In fact he has a limited involvement in it. The commissioner in every sport presents the championship trophy. Who cares. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If he already has a limited role in rule changes, then good.  Did he have a limited involvement in it before they started that competition committee?  As for presenting the trophy, I just think it takes away from the moment when a team is being given the trophy and the joyous occasion is interrupted with boos raining down until the speech is over and the captain skates away with the Cup.  Who cares what commissioners in other sports do?

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#149 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Bettman dos not decide on rule changes. In fact he has a limited involvement in it. The commissioner in every sport presents the championship trophy. Who cares. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If he already has a limited role in rule changes, then good. Did he have a limited involvement in it before they started that competition committee? As for presenting the trophy, I just think it takes away from the moment when a team is being given the trophy and the joyous occasion is interrupted with boos raining down until the speech is over and the captain skates away with the Cup. Who cares what commissioners in other sports do?

The competiton committe in one form or another has always been around.

Otherwise, you're trying to say how bad Bettman has been, and pointing out something that has been done forever in the NHL and every other sport. That he's booed is the fault of the morons in the crowd that are ruining the moment for themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#150 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

The competiton committe in one form or another has always been around. Otherwise, you're trying to say how bad Bettman has been, and pointing out something that has been done forever in the NHL and every other sport. That he's booed is the fault of the morons in the crowd that are ruining the moment for themselves. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well of course he's going to get booed, despite the good job he has done business-wise, three work stoppages in under 20 years is never going to sit well with the fans.  I don't follow other sports as closely as hockey, but aren't those commissioners widely unpopular with the fans too?  It seems to me it's just not a job that lends itself to being a fan favorite.  Knowing how unpopular he is with the fans and probably even many of the players due to labor negotiations, I just don't see how it isn't a better idea to have some well-respected person with a hockey background award the Cup.  Why does it matter what other sports do?

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#151 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

I hate to be a stickler, but the fact that this thread title uses improper capitalization is DRIVING ME CRAZY
6qf7l3.jpg

#152 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,738 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm hearing a deal between the Devils and Gordie Howe is imminent.

This makes sense. He was at a game a season ago. Where there's smoke, there's fire. I expect an announcement next week.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#153 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

The competiton committe in one form or another has always been around. Otherwise, you're trying to say how bad Bettman has been, and pointing out something that has been done forever in the NHL and every other sport. That he's booed is the fault of the morons in the crowd that are ruining the moment for themselves. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well of course he's going to get booed, despite the good job he has done business-wise, three work stoppages in under 20 years is never going to sit well with the fans. I don't follow other sports as closely yas hockey, but aren't those commissioners widely unpopular with the fans too? It seems to me it's just not a job that lends itself to being a fan favorite. Knowing how unpopular he is with the fans and probably even many of the players due to labor negotiations, I just don't see how it isn't a better idea to have some well-respected person with a hockey background award the Cup. Why does it matter what other sports do?

Messier is well respected around the league. Would you want to see him presenting the Cup to the Devis or in a series the Devils lost. The commissioner is a neutral party to handle those sorts of things.

And the first lockout essentially saved the NHL, or at least a lot of individual teams including the Devils. The second one, had it happened a year earlier would have kept Parise on the Devils. While you can correctly say those front loading long term deals were loopholes of the owners own making, the fact of the matter is the game is a lot better without them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#154 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Nick Barlotta says the deal is done between jersey and brunner... We will see if he is an Єklund (2.3% accurate) insider or if he is valuable

#155 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Barlotta just repeated an Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumor like it was his own :lol:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#156 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Nick Barlotta says the deal is done between jersey and brunner... We will see if he is an Єklund (2.3% accurate) insider or if he is valuable

That won't prove anything, unfortunately.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#157 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Good and bad are hard to define with commissioners. Since they work for the owners, and the owners are making money, Bettman has been good. From a fan's perspective, though, he's terrible. I don't believe that his actions since taking over have been good for the game. It may have been good for the owners, but there may still be long term consequences. Furthermore, as others have said, the league has figured out how to get more money out of the die hard fans it has. IMO it has not done a particularly good job adding fans. As one of those die hards, who continues to go to a couple games a year and occasionally buy merchandise, despite the commissioner's willingness to lock the players out for half a season when he didn't have to, I'm glad Bettman got booed at the draft. As a realist, I know Bettman's not going anywhere, because the owners love him, and I can also understand why.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#158 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

That won't prove anything, unfortunately.

Well if no deal happen it will prove that he is an Єklund (2.3% accurate)... if a deal happen he could have guess right since a lot of people could do that guess

#159 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Done deal is the word per nick barlatta. 3M per for 1 to 2 yrs?
Put food on my family

#160 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

TG has been saying Lou was meeting with Henrique and his agent on Friday, if that's true, (and it is, it's TG) then how can he be signing Brunner too? Doesn't quite add up
6qf7l3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users