41 replies to this topic

#21 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Donated! Hope it helps DM I'll also be sure to use the Amazon link as I begin holiday shopping

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#22 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Just donated - pretty sure I've done my part in crashing the site a couple times now :lol:

Edit:  I'll also unblock this site from Adblock, and keep it that way so long as popups are never used!

Edited by Devilsfan118, 15 July 2013 - 10:22 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#23 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Thanks guys, I was just informed of the overage fee(assuming we don't get another crush) and it was substantial. We should be okay for now with these last three donations and the amazon usage.

I appreciate all the help!

#24 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Devs118, there should never be popups. One of the reasons we dumped the last ad agency was they had them. Thanks for the donation and whitelisting the site.

#25 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

I am not an expert with hosting, but I do know enough to get a forum online, but why do you need a VPS? what is the reason you can't get a webhosting lets say from godaddy. I am not trying to an as, but more of me trying to learn how.

Godaddy supported SOPA and PIPA.

#26 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

We dropped Godaddy as our registrar because of that SOPA issue.

One member brought up a good point, if your company purchases large stuff on Amazon make sure you use the referral link it adds up quick.

#27 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

We dropped Godaddy as our registrar because of that SOPA issue.

One member brought up a good point, if your company purchases large stuff on Amazon make sure you use the referral link it adds up quick.

Good reason to drop them. I have a personal website, not related to hockey but when I was looking for a host I specifically stayed away from GoDaddy or an affiliate I knew of because of this. I use a service called FatCow.com. not sure if their services would apply to a site such as this. They claim "unlimited" bandwidth and storage but with the traffic this site gets when news breaks they might consider it on the "less than 1% that use an extraordinarily large amount of bandwidth"

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#28 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Spent a few bucks getting a new grill and some stuff for my fish tank. Hopefully it helps.

#29 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

Thanks ATLL!

#30 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Just ordered 2 Kindles for our trade show giveaway.. Hopefully it goes through

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#31 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Just ordered 2 Kindles for our trade show giveaway.. Hopefully it goes through

Hey DM did this ever go through? We clicked through the link up top but had to click around to buy the Kindle

#32 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hey DM did this ever go through? We clicked through the link up top but had to click around to buy the Kindle

Was so busy I didn't check. Yup they did! Thanks that was a nice chunk of change for  us.!

#33 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Was so busy I didn't check. Yup they did! Thanks that was a nice chunk of change for us.!

That's awesome! And lucky that I just mentioned to our events coordinator that she should let me know the next time she was buying some at the exact moment she was about to checkout. I'll definitely push for more things we can buy on Amazon. We are thinking $500 Amex gift cards and that'll be for about 10 shows.. My company might need some free advertising on the site as a kickback :P

#34 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Thanks guys, I was just informed of the overage fee(assuming we don't get another crush) and it was substantial. We should be okay for now with these last three donations and the amazon usage.

I appreciate all the help!

You should just pin a thread like this every couple months and remind everyone about the Amazon link. Certainly don't want to see ya get close to the edge in terms of money, I'd get far too much work done were it not for this place.

#35 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Was on Amazon just now and was reminded of how I, as seen above, thought this thread should re-appear every once and a while. Halloween is next week, new video games systems coming out in the next month, guts getting fatter, wallets getting thinner....the holidays are coming....might as well make our money work harder and help out the site that gives us a place to vent rage while we're all pretending to be working.

#36 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Thanks ATLL, usage of the links has dwindled lately!

#37 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

Any sort of deal setup through newegg.com?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#38 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Thanks ATLL, usage of the links has dwindled lately!

No problem. I spend way too much money on Amazon anyways, might as well use the link. Anybody else having problems with the site today? I keep getting a weird error message when I go to the njdevs.com homepage, but I can access the site fine if I go straight to the Hell forum.

#39 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

No problem. I spend way too much money on Amazon anyways, might as well use the link. Anybody else having problems with the site today? I keep getting a weird error message when I go to the njdevs.com homepage, but I can access the site fine if I go straight to the Hell forum.

i had an issue getting on also was getting an error message.. i had to get on the site threw google.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#40 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

See the pinned thread about the error messages.

Devs118, I didnt know Newegg had a referral program. I will sign up with them tonight, thanks for the heads up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users