24 replies to this topic

#21 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

The sister's quotes sound like he didn't think Lou made enough moves to make us a competitive team. I think that's a load of bull too considering the past 3 weeks are probably the most active Lou's been since Kovalchuk's been here.

It's all about the cash money.

#22 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

The sister's quotes sound like he didn't think Lou made enough moves to make us a competitive team. I think that's a load of bull too considering the past 3 weeks are probably the most active Lou's been since Kovalchuk's been here.

It's all about the cash money.

you could also wonder that maybe Lou stockpiled this offseason because he already knew Kovy was leaving though, to be ready when he does leave

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#23 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

It does not legitimize their league as competitive to the NHL.  Because it's not.  North American players don't want to play in Russia.  Russian players wouldn't play in North America if it weren't for North America having the top league in the world.  The fact that there's now a Russian league that can offer competitive (and indeed, in some cases, better) salaries has some of them going home, but the majority of top Russian players still play in the NHL.

Yes.   I'm not impressed by the KHL taking over the hill players from the NHL, and not surprised they can lure a few in their prime Russians to leave the NHL.    But, follow that down a bit; you have to think they will eventually snag a money grabbing North American, and that's the day I worry about.   The KHL paying to bring back Russians;  it's going to happen; we got unlucky.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#24 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

you could also wonder that maybe Lou stockpiled this offseason because he already knew Kovy was leaving though, to be ready when he does leave

That's what happened Lou knew

#25 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

I hope KHL will soon compete with the NHL.. on every level.

On a selfish note, i will be able to watch really good hockey at a more decent hour ; ) 

But more "big picture"... It can only help the NHL rise up its level.. stay competitive by improve his show.... 

NHL already have to fight against other US.sport to exist .. but it's more commercial aspect. For the more "intern" negociation, the league is almighty... and with a strong KHL in front of the NHL... You will no lockout anymore ! 

Plus... and i can understand that it's something that you cannot accept but.. two greats leagues is better than just one. 

(maybe with less franchise in NHL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users