Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

Thu Mar 20: Minnesota at Devils, 7 p.m.
Sat Mar 22: Rangers at Devils, 7 p.m.
Sun Mar 23: Toronto at Devils, 7 p.m.

^^^^This is from now on referred to as "HATE WEEK"...

#82 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

It's kind of awkward that the Atlantic Division went from one set of teams to a whole new set of teams, but I don't know how else they could have figured out a reasonable name for the division with the Northeast teams and the Florida teams. The only other way would be to name the divisions after historic people, but even then you'd have people unhappy. For example, I don't think any of us would take pride in playing in the Bobby Clarke division.

The most apt name for that division would be the NorthSouth Division. But that would reflect the NHL's idiocy to a T and the NHL knows it, so it would never happen.

Edited by MadDog2020, 19 July 2013 - 01:48 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#83 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Devils have the most b2b with 22.

Awesome

#84 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Devils have the most b2b with 22.

Awesome

This means we will really get to see a good amount of Schneider this year.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#85 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Didn't think of it that way but good point.

#86 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

"@NYP_Brooksie: Rangers have 12 back-to-backs, Islanders have 17, Devils play 22...22!"

First thing I thought. This could be a good thing, I think...?

#87 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

NJ also wants as many weekend games as possible, no other way to get that than back to backs.  

If they start the first back to back with Brodeur twice, we'll know where this stands.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#88 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

NJ also wants as many weekend games as possible, no other way to get that than back to backs.

If they start the first back to back with Brodeur twice, we'll know where this stands.

Even Moose got a game per every back to back. This won't be an issue

#89 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

So, my planned vacation dates worked perfectly. Will be at the Blues and Capitals home games at the Rock, then at Yankee stadium for the outdoor game (January 21, 23 and 26). When I'm visiting friends in Calgary I'll go to the Flames/Wild game on the 31st. I might even rock my Parise jersey. Happy to meet any board members and have a few beers before/after games. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#90 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Even Moose got a game per every back to back. This won't be an issue

sure he did.  brodeur got 4 back to backs last year, 1 the year before, 8 in 2010-11.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#91 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

So, my planned vacation dates worked perfectly.

Will be at the Blues and Capitals home games at the Rock, then at Yankee stadium for the outdoor game (January 21, 23 and 26).

When I'm visiting friends in Calgary I'll go to the Flames/Wild game on the 31st. I might even rock my Parise jersey.

Happy to meet any board members and have a few beers before/after games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad that is working out for you! We'll definitely meet up before a game!
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#92 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Think I may have asked this before, but what arena, in your opinion, is fairly close and would be considered mostly docile towards opposing fans? I'd love to take a trip with the wife and maybe even the kids to see a game this year. Something we talk about every year and never get to do.

1dun.jpg

#93 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Think I may have asked this before, but what arena, in your opinion, is fairly close and would be considered mostly docile towards opposing fans? I'd love to take a trip with the wife and maybe even the kids to see a game this year. Something we talk about every year and never get to do.

The islanders are the closest. After that, it depends on how far you wanna travel. Pittsburgh and Bostons fans are pretty tame. Especially during the regular season.

#94 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

I've been to 4 Devils-Caps games at the Verizon center in DC over the last 2 years. Very docile to opposing fans, fairly nice arena, and is a great place to bring your family for a weekend with all of the free museums/monuments. Also, both the games in DC this year are weekend games (Friday/Saturday) which is sweet. 

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#95 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

sure he did.  brodeur got 4 back to backs last year, 1 the year before, 8 in 2010-11.  

at least Hedberg was probably the worse goalie of the 2 so you could justify it in some way. You can't justify it at all this year since Schneider's unquestionably demonstrably better

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#96 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,055 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

In 2011-12 it was much more split because Moose was practically Marty's equal, and the Devils weren't life and death to make the playoffs.  He only got one back-to-back closer to the playoffs to get him in gear for the push.  This year they were life and death to make the playoffs down the stretch when Marty got most of his back-to-backs and he was clearly better than Moose.  There's literally no excuse for not splitting every back to back this year unless one of the goalies gets sick/hurt.

btw I only count three back-to-backs with all of them being from the end of March on:

http://sports.yahoo....yiiDnTOFgdivLYF

Edited by NJDevs4978, 19 July 2013 - 04:14 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#97 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,055 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

It's kind of awkward that the Atlantic Division went from one set of teams to a whole new set of teams, but I don't know how else they could have figured out a reasonable name for the division with the Northeast teams and the Florida teams.  The only other way would be to name the divisions after historic people, but even then you'd have people unhappy.  For example, I don't think any of us would take pride in playing in the Bobby Clarke division.

Just call them the Eastern Division (there's already a Central after all), problem solved.  I guess they didn't want to have an East without a West though, and they wanted an Atlantic/Pacific combo.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#98 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Metropolitan is just...just...so bad, I can't even.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#99 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

If we're gonna be in the Metropolitan division, then we should at least get top hats and monocles.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#100 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

maybe they meant "metrosexual division"...you know in honor of the Rangers recent embarrassment Sean Avery... :whistling:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users