Updated to include Jagr.

#222 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Lou confirmed that Jagr will be wearing #68.  You may order your shirts/jerseys now.

#223 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,382 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

I don't think they'll let the 500-600k difference between Gionta in the minors and Tedenby/Barch in the minors factor in to what they do rosterwise, not considering how they're already going to be close to a cap celing team anyway.

Part of my thinking (wishful I know) is Olesz earning a starting spot and bumping Gionta to the press box. I could be wrong but hasn't triumph stated he doesn't think NJ will be a cap team? They seem to really be pushing towards the limit now.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#224 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Part of my thinking (wishful I know) is Olesz earning a starting spot and bumping Gionta to the press box. I could be wrong but hasn't triumph stated he doesn't think NJ will be a cap team? They seem to really be pushing towards the limit now.

Agreed, but a little tweaking on CapGeek shows that we can add Brunner even and fit him under the cap,  with Tedenby(noooo), Gionta or Barch in the minors, he can take Olesz spot in the lineup. 

Elias-Henrique(2.5m)-Jagr

Clowe-Zajac-Ryder
Brunner(4m)-Loktionov-Zubrus
Carter-Josefson-Bernier
Olesz, Tedenby, Barch

It's a stretch, but boy, I'd have a ton of confidence in our forward depth.  I have a good feeling about it even if we wouldn't sign Brunner

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#225 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

I have to admit, I was dead set against this as didn't think Jagr would take less than $4 million base contract and it would preclude us from signing anyone else.  I was hoping no Jagr would allow some of the kids to get a chance to step-up.    But at $2 million, plus, it's actually a nice situation.   If anyone can revive Jagr, its Elias and we still have some cushion moving forward.    Never doubt the powers of Lou.  

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#226 Default

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

It would be nice if Jagr could do for Henrique what he did for Giroux, I definitely think that'll be a pairing for most of the season. Henrique is a smart hockey player and a natural goal scorer, he does the little things right. Jagr is a smart player who knows how to pass/make plays. I think that would be a good combination.

Turning Henrique into Giroux would be amazing.

#227 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

I have to admit, I was dead set against this as didn't think Jagr would take less than $4 million base contract and it would preclude us from signing anyone else.  I was hoping no Jagr would allow some of the kids to get a chance to step-up.    But at $2 million, plus, it's actually a nice situation.   If anyone can revive Jagr, its Elias and we still have some cushion moving forward.    Never doubt the powers of Lou.  

"If anyone can revive Jagr, it's Elias" What? I think Elias and Jagr could work, but Jagr doesn't need Elias' help for a revival. He has been a fantastic player for the past two seasons in the NHL. The guy has 89 points in his last 118 regular season games at the age of 39 and 40. That is historically insane.

I think Jagr could help Elias as much as Elias could help Jagr.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#228 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

Put each other in good positions to score.  Elias just needs to shoot more, i think Jagr can hit him in stride and create real opportunities in the zone.  But I agree DR33

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#229 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,382 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Agreed, but a little tweaking on CapGeek shows that we can add Brunner even and fit him under the cap,  with Tedenby(noooo), Gionta or Barch in the minors, he can take Olesz spot in the lineup. 

Elias-Henrique(2.5m)-Jagr

Clowe-Zajac-Ryder
Brunner(4m)-Loktionov-Zubrus
Carter-Josefson-Bernier
Olesz, Tedenby, Barch

It's a stretch, but boy, I'd have a ton of confidence in our forward depth.  I have a good feeling about it even if we wouldn't sign Brunner

In that scenario they'd also have to send Tedenby or Barch down since carrying 15 forwards on the NHL roster is too much. I'd like Brunner too but they'd certainly be pushing the limit. Plus he'd be either the 49 or 50 contract on the reserve list. I guess the Devils are going to be a cap team going forward and I am really happy about that though.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#230 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Lou confirmed that Jagr will be wearing #68. You may order your shirts/jerseys now.

I wish they were quicker with the shirts.. Definitely buying one.. I just hope they stop printing them with the smaller font that, for some reason, started appearing on the shirts this year

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#231 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Updated to include Jagr.

I'm glad to see that little creep go

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#232 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

CORSI Tied

Loktionov 63%

Elias 59.6%

Zajac 58.9%

Ryder 56.4%

Henrique 55.6%

Bernier 54.9%

Jagr 54.7%

Clowe 53.9%

Carter 53.7%

Zubrus 53.5%

Easier to understand

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#233 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

http://prohockeytalk...partner=ya5nbcs

“Not many teams are looking for a forward my age, especially with the salary cap going down,” Jagr said, as per NHL.com. “My agent [Petr Svoboda] asked if I would be willing to play for New Jersey and I was. I talked to Lou [Lamoriello] even before [Ilya] Kovalchuk retired and after he retired.

“I felt it was even more important for me to play on the Devils roster [after Kovalchuk's NHL retirement].”

#234 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Already endearing himself to the fans.. Gotta love it.. Just another legend in a Devils uniform

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#235 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

When do we retire his jersey?

#236 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

I wish they were quicker with the shirts.. Definitely buying one.. I just hope they stop printing them with the smaller font that, for some reason, started appearing on the shirts this year

Agreed. I'm seriously contemplating getting either a jagr jersey or shirt or both

#237 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Updated to include Jagr.

wheres the  New Jersey Jagr?

#238 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Agreed. I'm seriously contemplating getting either a jagr jersey or shirt or both

Yup 100% getting a shirt. Can't wait till they start selling them.

1dun.jpg

#239 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Just finally found my Kovalchuk red jersey shirt from 2 years ago to burn. It was beat to hell anyway, washed so many times it was falling apart. Went to Modells over the weekend and picked up a Zajac one. Saw Marty and Henrique ones there too, thought of getting a Henrique, but I was like, nope not until he signs. Not jinxing it and not buying a shirt I can't wear in public if somehow he gets away.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#240 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Just finally found my Kovalchuk red jersey shirt from 2 years ago to burn. It was beat to hell anyway, washed so many times it was falling apart. Went to Modells over the weekend and picked up a Zajac one. Saw Marty and Henrique ones there too, thought of getting a Henrique, but I was like, nope not until he signs. Not jinxing it and not buying a shirt I can't wear in public if somehow he gets away.

I was gonna stop in Mo's to see if they put the Kovy jersey's on clearance. Did you notice if they had any authentics on the racks marked down? They did it with Parise last year and I didn't even think of grabbing authentic jersey for like $50 and having it stripped/redone.

1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users