364 replies to this topic

#241 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Gonna be hard calling him "Jagirl" since I couldn't stand him during my time watching hockey. It's a move that had to be done given the circumstances. Hope he does well in NJ

#242 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

It was in Rockaway, and I did notice a distinct lack of Kovalchuk merch in the store. I think I saw some of the jersey shirts online for like $9. I'm sure it was while supplies last...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#243 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Just finally found my Kovalchuk red jersey shirt from 2 years ago to burn. It was beat to hell anyway, washed so many times it was falling apart. Went to Modells over the weekend and picked up a Zajac one. Saw Marty and Henrique ones there too, thought of getting a Henrique, but I was like, nope not until he signs. Not jinxing it and not buying a shirt I can't wear in public if somehow he gets away.

this is from TG's blog today

Lamoriello, asked about restricted free agent Adam Henrique, said there were no updates “at this point but we certainly are hopeful. We’ll do everything we can.”

I don't like the way this sounds

#244 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

tempting to pick up a Jagr jersey. Kinda cool we get a legend of the sport, even if it is at the end of his career. i think it will help with the locker room and on ice play, even if he is a bit slower.

looking forward to this season.

I don't care about Brunner anymore, i don't think it's happening. i just want Lou to lock up Henrique.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#245 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

It was in Rockaway, and I did notice a distinct lack of Kovalchuk merch in the store. I think I saw some of the jersey shirts online for like $9. I'm sure it was while supplies last...

Damn! That's where I was gonna check since I work over that area. No jerseys though huh? I guess I can check the Newton one too. No joke they had the authentic $300 Parise jersey's for something like $50 last year when all that happened. Hind sight I really should have bought a couple to have them redone to something I wanted.

1dun.jpg

#246 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

lol I still see Langenbrunner stuff on the official devils store. They can't give that away I guess...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#247 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Well yeah the Devils store and NHL store aren't gonna mark jack sh!t down. LOL

1dun.jpg

#248 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

We sign Jagr, Ryder, Clowe, Olesz and potentially Brunner, but the hockey experts will still pick us to finish 11th.

#249 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

We sign Jagr, Ryder, Clowe, Olesz and potentially Brunner, but the hockey experts will still pick us to finish 11th.

No Kovalchuk brah. Broke brah.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#250 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

No Kovalchuk brah. Broke brah.

Yet people knocked us just the same when we had him.. That's okay, the only season we were ever thought to be a contender was 2010 - 2011 and look how that turned out

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#251 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,488 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Damn! That's where I was gonna check since I work over that area. No jerseys though huh? I guess I can check the Newton one too. No joke they had the authentic $300 Parise jersey's for something like $50 last year when all that happened. Hind sight I really should have bought a couple to have them redone to something I wanted.

No modells anywhere at anytime have ever had authentics for any hockey team. All I have ever seen at dicks, modells and sports authority in the last 10-15 years are replicas.

#252 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

CORSI Tied

Loktionov 63%

Elias 59.6%

Zajac 58.9%

Ryder 56.4%

Henrique 55.6%

Bernier 54.9%

Jagr 54.7%

Clowe 53.9%

Carter 53.7%

Zubrus 53.5%

Easier to understand

Thanks, that really cleared it up for me.  :haha2:  :giggle:

#253 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

No modells anywhere at anytime have ever had authentics for any hockey team. All I have ever seen at dicks, modells and sports authority in the last 10-15 years are replicas.

Then they marked it up a hell of a lot or I really did just look at it too quick. I could have sworn it was sewn on jerseys not heat pressed and they were priced in the $300 range. Or I could be going crazy, which also makes sense.

1dun.jpg

#254 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Then they marked it up a hell of a lot or I really did just look at it too quick. I could have sworn it was sewn on jerseys not heat pressed and they were priced in the $300 range. Or I could be going crazy, which also makes sense.

Modell's near me has horrible fake iron on devils jerseys for $280+. Mind boggling

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#255 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Modell's near me has horrible fake iron on devils jerseys for $280+. Mind boggling

Maybe I just saw the price and assumed they were sewn authentics. I didn't check closely so definitely could be. CRAP! My whole plan of a cheap authentic is blown!

1dun.jpg

#256 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

Just finally found my Kovalchuk red jersey shirt from 2 years ago to burn. It was beat to hell anyway, washed so many times it was falling apart. Went to Modells over the weekend and picked up a Zajac one. Saw Marty and Henrique ones there too, thought of getting a Henrique, but I was like, nope not until he signs. Not jinxing it and not buying a shirt I can't wear in public if somehow he gets away.

I cut up my Parise shirt into a rag to use for fishing (I cut out the NJ on the front and didn't use that...yes, I am being serious) and I finally tossed it the other day, it had run it's course... luckily, I have a fresh Kovalchuk shirt to throw right in it's place!

#257 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

I cut up my Parise shirt into a rag to use for fishing (I cut out the NJ on the front and didn't use that...yes, I am being serious) and I finally tossed it the other day, it had run it's course... luckily, I have a fresh Kovalchuk shirt to throw right in it's place!

Good for you! Now let's all get Jagr shirts and hope we can at least appreciate them! :)

1dun.jpg

#258 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

29407082512040376009.jpg

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#259 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

"We like our team right now," Lamoriello said. "Certainly our goaltending is improved. Our defence is improved because of the experience of the young guys and up front we are going to be a four-line team. We have power-play people and penalty killers. This will be one of the bigger teams we've had in size."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=428259

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#260 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

There's a chance for him to pass Mario in points aswell this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users