364 replies to this topic

#81 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Lol he told her to print the article so other teams would try to "sway his mind" with money. Devils offered 10s of millions more than LA.

#82 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Breaking news: Jagr announces surprise retirement to return to Czech League.

#83 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

I put no stock into anything Kenneth says.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#84 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Lol he told her to print the article so other teams would try to "sway his mind" with money. Devils offered 10s of millions more than LA.

So full of herself, as if anyone reads her articles.    Let me get into the internet news business where I take a reality and exaggerate it.   

You see, Kovy left the NHL because he pulled a Pronger with this chick and his wife demanded he go back to Russia.

#85 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Not at all max, if you followed her you'd know why I trust her. You can't go by one article and say "Yes this person is credible", I know that. I've followed her for well over 3 years or so and she is correct on almost anything she says. She does not post anything, even on twitter, if she doesn't believe it. She says so in the article that it puts her own journalism on the line. 

I didn't post it to question her credibility or have yet another twitter discussion. She is a HUGE Jagr fan and reports for the local NHL teams. If she was saying something might be going bad because of what she just heard, I just wanted to throw it out there. That is...if that's what she meant by her post. 

1dun.jpg

#86 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Not at all max, if you followed her you'd know why I trust her. You can't go by one article and say "Yes this person is credible", I know that. I've followed her for well over 3 years or so and she is correct on almost anything she says. She does not post anything, even on twitter, if she doesn't believe it. She says so in the article that it puts her own journalism on the line.

I didn't post it to question her credibility or have yet another twitter discussion. She is a HUGE Jagr fan and reports for the local NHL teams. If she was saying something might be going bad because of what she just heard, I just wanted to throw it out there. That is...if that's what she meant by her post.

Yet one can say that if she was a reputable reporter, we wouldn't have to "guess" what she was meaning by her post.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 22 July 2013 - 04:33 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#87 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

There's no way this deal falls apart because of a leak.  I have read Lou used to nix trades and stuff back in the day because of a leak but that was before Twitter, it's near impossible even for Lou to keep things on lockdown forever.  Hell, Larry Brooks knew about the 100 million/lifetime deal a week plus before it actually came out and that didn't get pulled.

It does worry me a little Lou went out of his way to nix the speculation instead of just no commenting though.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 22 July 2013 - 04:34 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#88 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

You can say simple things that are obvious and be "credible".   I can go find my posts on HF and other places here that called the Kovy situation.   I didn't have a single damn source about it.

The problem with the "online sports media" is that the majority of it is so damn bad, that if you just go with simple/logical thing, you're "credible."

Frankly from glossing over her stuff, she sounds like a psycho, and her Kovy/Olympics/Nationalist article has errors all over the place.   If not errors, really bad editorializing.   The Olympics have been a fait accompli for months.

#89 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Yet once can say that if she was a reputable reporter, we wouldn't have to "guess" what she was meaning by her post.

That's very true.  I hate these wanna-be insiders with their cryptic posts that can mean a thousand different things.  That Nick Barlotta guy does that too and he is coming across as a real schmuck.

#90 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

That's very true.  I hate these wanna-be insiders with their cryptic posts that can mean a thousand different things.  That Nick Barlotta guy does that too and he is coming across as a real schmuck.

Saying maybe also leaves a lot of wiggle room too.  Of course if the worst case does happen and she's right, she has a big scoop.  If the worst case doesn't happen, well she said maybe not definitely.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#91 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

You can say simple things that are obvious and be "credible".   I can go find my posts on HF and other places here that called the Kovy situation.   I didn't have a single damn source about it.

The problem with the "online sports media" is that the majority of it is so damn bad, that if you just go with simple/logical thing, you're "credible."

Frankly from glossing over her stuff, she sounds like a psycho, and her Kovy/Olympics/Nationalist article has errors all over the place.   If not errors, really bad editorializing.   The Olympics have been a fait accompli for months.

I will definitely agree with you on that 100%. She can be extremely freaky in some of the stuff she says. She has that either "medium" or "witchcraft" type of vibe to her.

1dun.jpg

#92 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Saying maybe also leaves a lot of wiggle room too.  Of course if the worst case does happen and she's right, she has a big scoop.  If the worst case doesn't happen, well she said maybe not definitely.

Exactly, but Barlotta said the Brunner deal as "immenent."  I don't care who you are but I do not know a single person who would consider "immenent" as one week and counting.

#93 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

It also seems a lot to me that once one "semi-reputable" online source even hints that Jagr is destined for New Jersey, a million morons behind keyboards are going to claim that their own sources have that too! E4! Jagr to devils! Oh I bet it's for one year! 1 year 3 millions! Because we haven't heard from Jagr it means it's definitely new jersey, because NO other teams want their secrets to stay away from the media!

Jagr very well may be headed to New Jersey, and I believe Lebrun. Past that, the other nonsense "reporters" with a business degree from a community college can spew their sh!t to someone else.

Posted Image

#94 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

Will Lou let him wear #68?

Why wouldn't he?  He let Mogilny wear 89 and Gilmour 93.  Jagr's even a bigger star than those two, and Lou let those two guys keep their numbers because of their stature.

#95 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

She also wasn't responding as in having a "scoop" so to speak. She was just responding to Zdenek directly, not to report something to the general public.

1dun.jpg

#96 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

MIchelle Kenneth has been RT'ed by actual newspeople and she has been doing actual reporting on the local teams for years.  I'm not saying you should believe her but she isn't one of these guys that pop up as "Devilz_Insider_2themax" who is spouting off nonsense every other post that are obviously just making stuff up.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#97 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

MIchelle Kenneth has been RT'ed by actual newspeople and she has been doing actual reporting on the local teams for years.  I'm not saying you should believe her but she isn't one of these guys that pop up as "Devilz_Insider_2themax" who is spouting off nonsense every other post that are obviously just making stuff up.

Thank you.

1dun.jpg

#98 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

No, but those are the kinds of "reporters" that make blah reporters "credible".    And honestly, if anyone came in here and posted "HOLD ON GUYS!  This isn't announced and it isn't registered and Lou was being Lou this morning".... would you call that reporting?

Actually, that's more in depth than her creepy mystery stuff.

Edited by maxpower, 22 July 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#99 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

With what we've come to know about the Russian merc this wouldn't surprise me either.  If it was such a fait accompli he was staying he wouldn't have squeezed us for a contract that cost us two picks and $3 million.

#100 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

MIchelle Kenneth has been RT'ed by actual newspeople and she has been doing actual reporting on the local teams for years. I'm not saying you should believe her but she isn't one of these guys that pop up as "Devilz_Insider_2themax" who is spouting off nonsense every other post that are obviously just making stuff up.

More or less reputable than Michael from NHLline.ca? He was quoted by some actual reporters too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users