#121 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

2 cents time.

I just read her Kovy retirement article. The entire thing stinks of her justifying her special relationship with Kovy.

It's not very factual, uses general references, and reads like a fictional story.

one of the comments describes it perfectly. needed more facts, could of been written shorter, and really was a waste of a read.

i still refuse to take any rumor or otherwise seriously until it either comes from TG, the Devils, or Bob McKenzie, and they're not repeating other bull**** rumors.

Edited by newjerseydamo, 22 July 2013 - 05:56 PM.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#122 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

When did I say that, I said she pumps up her importance.   Which increases her "credibility".

What credible writer puts this sh!t out on their twitter.

And no, I doubt management knows who she is. The gameday staff does. You think Lou knows or gives two that Kovy was "talking" to an internet reporter? She's a writer at a site where half the articles don't even have a single comment on them.

This comment you quote...

Michelle Kenneth ‏@MichelleKenneth

I am so furious at JJ right now...please...no, please...sign somewhere else. Let us hear who you're really signing with.

Comes from A) whatever it is she may have "Heard" and B) The fact that since these rumors started weeks ago she's been saying she doesn't want Jagr signing with the Devils as a "FAN OF HIS" nothing to do with journalism or reporting for the Devils themselves. You would know this if you would do what I said and go back a few years. She is very candid on twitter which I respect. Just because she speaks her mind on her own account makes her less credible? It's her twitter account...you're supposed to be able to speak your mind on twitter without people accusing you of being less of a person or less of who you are professionally. Her twitter account isn't "MichelleKennethProfessionalWriterForBlahBlahBlah" Its her PERSONAL account. Just sayin'

You think Lou doesn't know who TG is then either huh?

1dun.jpg

#123 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

This comment you quote...

Comes from A) whatever it is she may have "Heard" and B) The fact that since these rumors started weeks ago she's been saying she doesn't want Jagr signing with the Devils as a "FAN OF HIS" nothing to do with journalism or reporting for the Devils themselves. You would know this if you would do what I said and go back a few years. She is very candid on twitter which I respect. Just because she speaks her mind on her own account makes her less credible? It's her twitter account...you're supposed to be able to speak your mind on twitter without people accusing you of being less of a person or less of who you are professionally. Her twitter account isn't "MichelleKennethProfessionalWriterForBlahBlahBlah" Its her PERSONAL account. Just sayin'

You think Lou doesn't know who TG is then either huh?

TG is a PROFESSIONAL writer assigned to the team by a PROFESSIONAL news organization.   Not an internet blogger.    That's the crux of this.   The lines get blurred too much.   No one is saying you can't take her 100% seriously, but you shouldn't be surprised when other people don't.    Is the fat guy from the Poitin Still a member of the media now because he has a youtube video?

#124 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Not skeptical anymore... Pierre le brun dont tweet bullsh!t and it all overdose the real média hère tsn rds TVA etc.... So its done fun to havé him here i want to see a salute

#125 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

TG is a PROFESSIONAL writer assigned to the team by a PROFESSIONAL news organization.   Not an internet blogger.    That's the crux of this.   The lines get blurred too much.   No one is saying you can't take her 100% seriously, but you shouldn't be surprised when other people don't.    Is the fat guy from the Poitin Still a member of the media now because he has a youtube video?

Who is saying you need to take her 100% seriously?  But it seems to point out she actually has press credentials and player access, which is true, somehow needs to be rebutted because she's creepy.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#126 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Who is saying you need to take her 100% seriously?  But it seems to point out she actually has press credentials and player access, which is true, somehow needs to be rebutted because she's creepy.

If she has player access and is getting on the record quotes, does she have attributed quotes?   Because the Kovy story was sort of a cross between a fanfic love letter and inaccurate info about the Sochi Olympic negotiations between the NHL and the IIHF and the status of the buildings on the Olympic site, when they have already had a tournament at the Ice Hockey venue MONTHS ago

#127 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

If she has player access and is getting on the record quotes, does she have attributed quotes?   Because the Kovy story was sort of a cross between a fanfic love letter and inaccurate info about the Sochi Olympic negotiations between the NHL and the IIHF and the status of the buildings on the Olympic site, when they have already had a tournament at the Ice Hockey venue MONTHS ago

She was also posting something that she had writing up a long time ago, at least that's the way I read it. I'll have to reread the article, I may be mistaken.

1dun.jpg

#128 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Ya, I've seen quotes she's gotten on twitter after press scrums that others then RT'ed.  I don't follow her on twitter because I don't consider her worth following or interesting.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#129 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I know I'm just echoing the sentiments of others here, but I fvcking hate this offseason twitter garbage.

It is October yet?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#130 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,282 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

I feel pretty good about this happening since Pierre LeBrun reported it and said nothing would be official until tomorrow. Lou denying/deflecting it seems normal.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#131 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

I feel pretty good about this happening since Pierre LeBrun reported it and said nothing would be official until tomorrow. Lou denying/deflecting it seems normal.

Agreed, which also means he's trying to work on other things. No other reason they would delay the official announcement.

1dun.jpg

#132 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Agreed, which also means he's trying to work on other things. No other reason they would delay the official announcement.

Yup I'm pretty excited for tomorrow in part because of Jagr and in part because I'm hoping for another surprise

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#133 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yup I'm pretty excited for tomorrow in part because of Jagr and in part because I'm hoping for another surprise

That's what I'm thinking too. Can't wait to get a Jagr Player T-Shirt ;)

1dun.jpg

#134 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I am really hoping Lou announce more than just the signing of Jagr

#135 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Like they were just waiting to finalize Brunner so they could announce the signings simultaneously. Obviously a dream but so what? I'm holding on to hope lol

#136 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

If they signed Jagr 'and' Brunner they'd have to get rid of THREE forwards on one-ways, or two and Gionta.  I mean a lot of guys are expendable but still you have the 50-contract limit to worry about too, and what if teams don't want to take our garbage spare forwards?  Can't hide them all in Albany.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 22 July 2013 - 07:18 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#137 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

So some crazy blogger chick who thinks she has a relationship with Kovalchuk is a valid source? She said that he would sign with the Devils initially. No sh!t, there were two suitors and Lombardi was going cheap. The writing on the wall that it would be LA/NJ in the winter, you could go on capgeek and figure that out.

Honestly she reads like the social media version of Elias' stalker. And her Olympic article is all over the place and wrong. The hockey building is done and has been done, they played the WJC at it. And the NHL wasn't dragging their feet because of "shoddy" buildings, the Olympics has been accounted for in the schedule for months. Why does she think the outdoor games are framed around the Olympics? Total happenstance?

Agree 100%, there's no reason for us to believe her story, much of it can't be proven after the fact. Her story came off a bit creepy and we should take it with a grain of salt. How is she so "tuned in"? If this Jagr deal falls through, I'll instantly take this all back though.

#138 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Agree 100%, there's no reason for us to believe her story, much of it can't be proven after the fact. Her story came off a bit creepy and we should take it with a grain of salt. How is she so "tuned in"? If this Jagr deal falls through, I'll instantly take this all back though.

Why?  It's not that she's incorrect.   It's not announced and it hasn't been posted.   It's not done until it's done.   It's the way she does it, puffing up her importance and dropping that stupid "they didn't like me talking to Kovy when they found out", as if that is at all relevant to the discussion.   She's just putting herself over.

#139 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Who is saying you need to take her 100% seriously? But it seems to point out she actually has press credentials and player access, which is true, somehow needs to be rebutted because she's creepy.

Says who though? Says her.

Why? It's not that she's incorrect. It's not announced and it hasn't been posted. It's not done until it's done. It's the way she does it, puffing up her importance and dropping that stupid "they didn't like me talking to Kovy when they found out", as if that is at all relevant to the discussion. She's just putting herself over.

By "story", I meant the Kovy story, not this Jagr rumor no one else is mentioning.

Edited by DJ Eco, 22 July 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#140 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Says who though? Says her.

Well, I mean, then we're getting pretty philosophical, do you even know the game on your TV is truly happening or is it all an elaborate fake out to make you think it's being played? :lol:

Either she has press credentials or she's been able to fake it for years and even get credible guys at hockey events to claim she's there when she isn't.

I'm kind of amazed Nick Barlotta got defended by some when he has no credibility but she is getting hammered when she at least has some history with tri-state hockey. :lol:

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users