• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

Absolute idiocy on the main board at HF

1 year deal for Jagr is an 'epic fail'
Jagr wont do good on our 'defensive' system
Our center depth is 'brutal'
NJD defense is 'mediocre at best'

the jagr thread on the HF Board is all over the place. it went to talking about jagr, to how slow our team is, and then to a trade proposal to send larrsson and a 1st round pick to the avs haha

#162 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

Ugh, I know he will be good for the team this season but I just can't stand Jagr.

#163 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

I hear that.  Still kinda have a hatred for him from his Flyers and Rangers years.  But this team really needs him on the PP.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#164 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Ugh, I know he will be good for the team this season but I just can't stand Jagr.

You've been saying that for a few years now. What's the reason for the hatred?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#165 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Absolute idiocy on the main board at HF

1 year deal for Jagr is an 'epic fail'
Jagr wont do good on our 'defensive' system
Our center depth is 'brutal'
NJD defense is 'mediocre at best'

I'm seeing a lot of this. Every writer's somehow a critic of this deal; but if it were any other team but the Devils, it'd be "a great pickup for forward depth".

I think his mullet casts him in a negative light.

#166 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

Boy is the rest of the league going to be surprised if Andrei Loktionov does what I think he can do.  Unfortunately his profile and abilities are the kind that teams throw away until he ends up on the equivalent of the Islanders and then does really well, so here's hoping New Jersey isn't that stupid.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#167 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Boy is the rest of the league going to be surprised if Andrei Loktionov does what I think he can do.  Unfortunately his profile and abilities are the kind that teams throw away until he ends up on the equivalent of the Islanders and then does really well, so here's hoping New Jersey isn't that stupid.

How good we talkin? To bring this in to the thread: Do you see him as a fit with Jagr? IMO an Elias-Loki-Jagr line would seem to work with loki providing the speed/youth those vets would need and Elias being one of the best defensive forward I've ever seen.

I don't see a problem with Jagr on our "1st line", because we won't really have a 1st line that logs 20+ minutes a night.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#168 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

Is there any set time for this announcement? Outs just weird that there's been no mention of it today.

#169 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

It goes back to the pittsburgh days, I never liked his stupid goal celebrations and I just always disliked watching him play. The trade to the Rangers made me dislike him even more. I just can't stand him, sometimes people just bother you and Jagr is one of those people for me.

I hope he plays well because I always want this team to do well but I just won't enjoy having to watch him play. I was glad Clarkson was finally gone so I didn't have anyone on the team I didn't like to watch play and then this happened lol

#170 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

How good we talkin? To bring this in to the thread: Do you see him as a fit with Jagr? IMO an Elias-Loki-Jagr line would seem to work with loki providing the speed/youth those vets would need and Elias being one of the best defensive forward I've ever seen.

I don't see a problem with Jagr on our "1st line", because we won't really have a 1st line that logs 20+ minutes a night.

I'm not sure I see him as a fit with Jagr, both guys like having the puck, but on the other hand, he's got the ability to take the puck into the zone with speed.  As for how good, I see him as a player like Mikhail Grabovski - doesn't put up a ton of goals or assists himself but is on the right side of the +/- ledger typically.  I could see him scoring 15 goals and 30 assists per 82 games this year.

#171 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

It goes back to the pittsburgh days, I never liked his stupid goal celebrations and I just always disliked watching him play. The trade to the Rangers made me dislike him even more. I just can't stand him, sometimes people just bother you and Jagr is one of those people for me.

I hope he plays well because I always want this team to do well but I just won't enjoy having to watch him play. I was glad Clarkson was finally gone so I didn't have anyone on the team I didn't like to watch play and then this happened lol

As a Devils fan, I can honestly say that no player made me more nervous than Jagr when the puck was on his stick.  Obviously, that's diminished since his true prime years...but even on the rags, he was still extremely dangerous, and that feeling never really went away until he left for the KHL.  

#172 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Have we ever signed a player who previously played for both the Rangers & Flyers?

#173 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Beezer for one.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#174 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Vladimir Malakhov (the 2nd time) is another.  Darren Langdon, maybe?

#175 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Asham too of course, but he played for the Rags and Flyers after the Devils.

#176 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

You trust Pierre LeBrun. It's official. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#177 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

@NHLDevils: Moves like Jagr! We’ve signed the @NHL’s #8 all-time leading scorer Jaromir Jagr. Welcome to #JerseysTeam!

Sorry Michelle Kenneth

#178 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

The Devils PR twitter just tweeted out it was official.

#179 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,325 posts

Devils PR makes it official. I'm sure Lou loved that

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#180 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Today is LOUSDAY!!!!

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic