#21 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

After sampling Yankee stadium and red bull arena the food at the rock is crap

well apples and oranges comparing hockey to baseball and whatever is played at red bull arena. Baseball stadiums always have more options, they're flat out bigger and have more space for variety. But Yankees Stadium is unbelievably overpriced, and I can't think of anything I've had there that blew me away. Certainly nothing on the level of shake shack

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#22 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

I like the Taste of Newark concessions at the Rock, their pulled pork and gyro are good. :D

believe-zubrus.jpg

#23 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

The rust also helps saves money as it actually acts like a protective coating over the steal and delays corrosion.

Haven't been to the Barclay's Center yet but I can imagine the food inside is a thousand times better than the slop they have at the Rock.

Also, that rust look is pretty trendy as far as NYC architecture goes in the past 10 years. I personally like it, but I'm in the architecture field so I sip that kool-aid daily when trying to sell this stuff to clients haha..

After sampling Yankee stadium and red bull arena the food at the rock is crap

Yeah, RBA is great, and their beer selection is unbeatable. They have those stands with the huge refrigerators that resemble like a beer depot/bodega. I'm in heaven when I go there.

#24 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

well apples and oranges comparing hockey to baseball and whatever is played at red bull arena. Baseball stadiums always have more options, they're flat out bigger and have more space for variety. But Yankees Stadium is unbelievably overpriced, and I can't think of anything I've had there that blew me away. Certainly nothing on the level of shake shack

The beer and food in general at Yankee stadium was actually cheaper.  Soda was cheaper by almost a dollar when I went back in May.

#25 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

I like the Taste of Newark concessions at the Rock, their pulled pork and gyro are good. :D

Almost, if not entirelly all of those Taste of Newark Concessions are now operated by Aramark and not the original places that were in there when it opened.

Example: The "Italian hot dog" they tried to serve me this past season, they served it on a regular hot dog bun with very little peppers, onions and potatoes.

Food at the Rock now is bottom of the barrell.  Barclays has better food, Citi Field has better food, RB Arena has better food, Yankee stadium has better food and even friggin MSG has better food.  The Rock pretty much forces me to eat outside the arena and sometimes that is not much of an option when I am getting to the game at the last minute from work.

#26 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

And yet it is one of the most busy arenas in the country.

#27 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

And yet it is one of the most busy arenas in the country.

Food doesn't make or break stadiums but just fustrated at how sh!tty the Rock is in that respect.

Other than that the Rock is a beautiful building.

#28 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

I have to agree with DevsMan84. The food at the Rock is lacking in selection and quality.  It's at the very bottom of all the other sporting venues I've been to including  the Pepsi Center in Denver and the Wells Fargo Center in Philly. I can't really compare the outdoor venues because I agree it's not apples to apples.  The space is different and the atmosphere of an outdoor venue/event is different.  But if I did compare the of the stadiums I've been to with the rock I'd say the Rock comes in near the bottom of that as well.

Love the Rock, hate the beer and food selection.  Oh well.  Not a huge deal to me. 

#29 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

I have no complaints about the food at The Rock but then again I always get the typical arena food like hot dogs, burgers, or chicken tenders and fries. Having been a Yankee Stadium recently I actually feel like I got more quantity from The Rock when it came to their chicken tenders and fries. I also appreciate a bottle of water was only $4 at The Rock in a controlled climate, unlike at Yankee Stadium where it's $5 and your out in 90+ degree weather in the sun.

I haven't been to a $1 hot dog night at The Rock in a few years but I always loved them, even if the bread was sort of stale. It's guess it's part of the charm of a cheap arena dog. :P

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users