#1 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

http://www.capgeek.c...-1&fa_type_id=2
CapGeek link to all the 2014 free agents.  I remember someone in the Jagr or Brunner thread mentioning a lot of 1 year deals and maybe Lou looking to lock up long term then.  Regardless, there are a lot of interesting names.  Who do you think might get resigned with their current teams.  When I get time, I'll actually make a comment as well.  

Edited by RizzMB30, 22 July 2013 - 11:15 PM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#2 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

Kessel would be interesting, it'll be HUGE money though.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#3 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

Jeez, I can't believe Heatley has that contract. I doubt they'll go for any of the big names on that UFA list, but some are interesting. Hemsky and Setoguchi could be options if there is room for them.

#4 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

<3 Thornton

Posted Image

#5 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

It's always a team like Flyers/or Rag$ that will bring in a Heatley, for stupid $$$ assuming once he dons that marvelous sweater, it'll resurrect his career. Only to be praised two years later for "getting rid" of said contract

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#6 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

Gotta wonder how many of those names will still be there by July 1st next year.

Could definitely be an exciting UFA though, if even half of those big-name players hit the market.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#7 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

Oh man, how I would love to see Henrik Lundqvist go to UFA.

#8 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

kind of hard to know which guys we should go after if we don't know where our holes are yet. 

Oh man, how I would love to see Henrik Lundqvist go to UFA.

and sign out West

www.SterioDesign.com

#9 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'm very surprised that the Rangers have yet to lock down Henrik Lundqvist.  I guess they need to know where Stepan comes in first, but still, I'm surprised.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,933 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm very surprised that the Rangers have yet to lock down Henrik Lundqvist.  I guess they need to know where Stepan comes in first, but still, I'm surprised.

Lundqvist should ask for Sather to be fired before signing his long-term deal with the Rangers.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#11 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Clearly we should make a play for the Sedin Twins.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#12 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Thornton has always been one of my favorite players in the NHL, would be a pipe dream, but so cool to see him in New Jersey on like a three year deal

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#13 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

Stastny

Posted Image

#14 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Joe Pavelski.

That is all

#15 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Jagr?

#16 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

I remember in discussions on the forum about trading for Hemsky or Vanek, well their both off the books next year, so it will interesting to see where they end up at the deadline.  Idk about Kessel, I can't see Pavelski leaving SJ.  Same with the Sedins, because they're a package deal still im assuming.  The one player I'd like to see leave the Rags moreso than Lundquist is Callahan.  He's like a Clarkson, but 1st line player at times.  He would be an interesting target, "Hey, tired of blocking all of those shots and LOSING?".  Vanek would be an interesting player to lure if he takes a pay cut, because he can get Kessel money. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#17 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Right now, that is a much better FA class than what was available this year.  It is likely to change significantly as players are resigned before 7/1/14, but there may be some options for the Devils to be a player in the next FA class as well.

Posted Image

#18 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

What's more intriguing is that Sather said at least 5-6 weeks ago that he'd started negotiations with Lundqvist to lock him up this offseason. At the time, I wondered why the hell Lundqvist or his agent would sign a contract this offseason. He's clearly going to be one of the highest paid UFAs next year, whether he stays in New York or not. Signing a contract this early might mean he left some money on the table, it's common sense. The more time that passes by, the more I'm thinking his agent thinks the same thing.

If he knows he 100% wants to stay in NY, he CAN re-sign in NY, AND get the most money possible, WHILE forcing Sather's card at UFA. We know Sather's gonna throw anything at him if he pushes things past that point.

Right now, that is a much better FA class than what was available this year.  It is likely to change significantly as players are resigned before 7/1/14, but there may be some options for the Devils to be a player in the next FA class as well.

With the cap going up next year, I'm not sure if we'll be players. I can see a bunch of teams sighing from the relief of the cap upgrade and splurging on some of those high end players. Not sure we can compete with the ridiculous offers I foresee being thrown out next year. Unless it follows the supply and demand curve, which is always possible.

Edited by DJ Eco, 23 July 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#19 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

The only risk that comes with waiting for FA if your the Queen is an unforseen injury.  But the chances of getting injured where it would seriously impact his value or threaten his career are relatively low. 

Other than that, he has to know that he will be one of, if not the most coveted FA on the market in 2014.  Can you imagine the money the Flyers will throw at him on 7/1/14 if he still isn't signed? 

Posted Image

#20 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

In a way, Lundqvist might be considered one of many potential back up plans. After all, it possible that Brodeur's $4 million cap hit retires and Schneider's $4 million cap hit walks away. We would then have an additional $8 million to a sign a marquee goalie. Of course, this is all assuming that at least Schneider and Lundqvist are all UFA at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users