32 replies to this topic

#21 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

To see Hank walk would be amazing for them to experience. We've all been taking sh!t from Benny Goomba in our own damn state about how many players walk and don't want to play for the Devils. This would be the ultimate pay back.

#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

The only risk that comes with waiting for FA if your the Queen is an unforseen injury.  But the chances of getting injured where it would seriously impact his value or threaten his career are relatively low. 

Other than that, he has to know that he will be one of, if not the most coveted FA on the market in 2014.  Can you imagine the money the Flyers will throw at him on 7/1/14 if he still isn't signed? 

The Flyers may offer him a piece of the franchise lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

To see Hank walk would be amazing for them to experience. We've all been taking sh!t from Benny Goomba in our own damn state about how many players walk and don't want to play for the Devils. This would be the ultimate pay back.

Unless he goes to Pittsburgh.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

They'd probably ruin even him.  But Lundqvist on the Pens is scary.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#25 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

They'd probably ruin even him.  But Lundqvist on the Pens is scary.

That would be scary, but I doubt the Queen of Manhattan would want to live in Pittsburgh. I don't think he'd go there, even with all their stars.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#26 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

Chicago has an expiring contract with Crawford and could make a play for Lundqvist. If Henrik left for the Windy City they could easily create a dynasty with that core.

#27 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,619 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Unless he goes to Pittsburgh.

I considered this, but boy is that a lot of money tied up in 4 players.  I don't think Lundqvist is going anywhere, but that he's not signed yet suggests he's at least driving a harder bargain than I anticipated.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#28 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Chicago has an expiring contract with Crawford and could make a play for Lundqvist. If Henrik left for the Windy City they could easily create a dynasty with that core.

If Chicago lets go of Crawford, then that will be the 2nd tender they've let go after winning the Cup. I doubt at that point they'd be thinking Lundqvist is the way to go. I think they feel like goalie is a position they can afford to be a little weak in.

#29 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

I considered this, but boy is that a lot of money tied up in 4 players.  I don't think Lundqvist is going anywhere, but that he's not signed yet suggests he's at least driving a harder bargain than I anticipated.

Only thing I can think of if the team is as incompetent in front of him and rely on him so much to win 1-0 games he says "screw this" and isn't willing to sign a lifetime contract.

#30 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

I think with AV behind the Rags bench there will be A LOT less lying down on the ice blocking shots from the Rags. I never understood why torts just didn't ride Hank harder and just play more offense. If they drop the uber-defense first mindset he might be happier in NY than he evidently is, and that team might be better as well. Agreed on the Pens point though, they would be a nightmare with him in net.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#31 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'm very surprised that the Rangers have yet to lock down Henrik Lundqvist.  I guess they need to know where Stepan comes in first, but still, I'm surprised.

How can they? They have 3+ million left for Step and are going to arbitration with Zuccarello. The Wheeler signing doesn't exactly help. They're probably waiting to see what happens. Next year both Girardi and Callahan are up. Richards gets bought out.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

Pittsburgh, like most teams is banking on the cap boomeranging back up next year.  And they'll have cap space anyway since Fleury can be easily bought out this offseason with one year left on his deal.

If Chicago lets go of Crawford, then that will be the 2nd tender they've let go after winning the Cup. I doubt at that point they'd be thinking Lundqvist is the way to go. I think they feel like goalie is a position they can afford to be a little weak in.

Yeah not happening, not with all the other players the Hawks already have to let go and replace as is.  If they are paying for a goalie it'll be somewhat less for Crawford and they'll just have to get rid of someone else to fit him in at a higher salary.  They'd probably have to get rid of two or three players to bring in Lundqvist.

#33 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

I think with AV behind the Rags bench there will be A LOT less lying down on the ice blocking shots from the Rags. I never understood why torts just didn't ride Hank harder and just play more offense. If they drop the uber-defense first mindset he might be happier in NY than he evidently is, and that team might be better as well. Agreed on the Pens point though, they would be a nightmare with him in net.

Tort was the best coach they had since Keenan. He accomplished more squeezing every ounce out of the roster. Hank might learn a valuable lesson.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users