25 replies to this topic

#21 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

Today I agree, in 5 months it may not even be close. This should be Larsson's breakout season.

Hopefully, I like Larsson and think he can be an impact 2 way player but I understand not inviting him to the national camp based on where he was at when we last saw him play.  He has a good chance to play on the next 3 or 4 Olympic teams after this one.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#22 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

I don't get it.. Why do people keep saying Luongo is not good anymore? He's top 5 in the world imo.
Posted Image

#23 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I don't get it.. Why do people keep saying Luongo is not good anymore? He's top 5 in the world imo.

Mainly because people view him as not being able to win the big games in the NHL. I know he won the gold in 2010, and that was a huge win for him. But even if you watch that, Miller outplayed him big time. Luongo's defense helped him on some real terrible rebounds. He was a big part of it, but that was a team win.

He got a reputation as a 'choke artist' when he was on some Vancouver teams that collapsed in the playoffs, and the blame shouldn't all go on him at all. But that's the way it goes in hockey. People are always looking for one specific guy to make the hero or goat.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#24 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hopefully, I like Larsson and think he can be an impact 2 way player but I understand not inviting him to the national camp based on where he was at when we last saw him play. He has a good chance to play on the next 3 or 4 Olympic teams after this one.

What exactly has Gustafsson proven!

There's a reason why Murray hasn't been picked up yet

#25 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

What exactly has Gustafsson proven!

There's a reason why Murray hasn't been picked up yet

Gustaffson has 4 more years of experience than Larsson and likely won't make their team. 

Murray is a veteran that likely won't make the team.  Murray was also on the last Olympic team so may be a bit of a legacy invite.

Point is, those guys have experience and a track record.  If Larsson was 20 and destroying the leagues he was playing in then he'd probably be invited.  Instead Larsson is 20 and like most 20 year olds suffers with inconsistency, he's ranged from looking pretty good to looking awful at times. 

If I'm putting together a team for a short tournament I can't gamble on getting pretty good when the downside is I may get awful, not when I have more proven and consistent commodities I can look at.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#26 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Gustafson, Murray, Tallinder and Grossmann over Larsson hahaha

J Johnson, Jones, Dekeyser (!?) and Trouba over Greene and Fayne. Ooof

Fayne wasn't even an everyday player on the Devils last year, itd be silly to think he'd make the olympic team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users