162 replies to this topic

#101 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Does anyone know how season ticket sales are going?

With the draft and the winter classic, I'm hoping sales are up over last year (despite kovalchuk's departure)

#102 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Macramalla (@EricOnSportsLaw) is reporting that Forbes is reporting that the NHL will take over the Devils.  Weird sourcing, but it wouldn't surprise me.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#103 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Macramalla (@EricOnSportsLaw) is reporting that Forbes is reporting that the NHL will take over the Devils.  Weird sourcing, but it wouldn't surprise me.

http://www.forbes.co...devils-looming/

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#104 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

welp I guess this is the way to get rid of VBK without him going out Scarface style like you said :P

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#105 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,786 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

ugh. Maybe even Lou jumped the gun with this "change of ownership imminent" Looks like Barroway was going to be the guy

this article also claims that non NHL events are down at the Prudential Center. However Prudential Center was just ranked the 8th top grossing arena in the world. How bad could it be in that regard?

Edited by '7', 08 August 2013 - 09:41 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#106 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

So I guess the NY Post and Kosman was right then?

#107 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Im not worried about the team being moved. I'm worried about Lou leaving for whatever reason.

Devils.

#108 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

ugh. Maybe even Lou jumped the gun with this "change of ownership imminent" Looks like Barroway was going to be the guy

this article also claims that non NHL events are down at the Prudential Center. However Prudential Center was just ranked the 8th top grossing arena in the world. How bad could it be in that regard?

I don't trust the Forbes article - they and the NY Post have been pretty consistently incorrect over the course of this thing.  TG has Barroway as still interested - even so, how do trial lawyers have enough money to buy sports franchises?  

I wonder who planted the Forbes story, because as someone on Twitter pointed out, seems like the Devils planted the story with TG about Harris and Barroway.

Edited by Triumph, 08 August 2013 - 10:00 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#109 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

if the NY Post is involved in reporting, I don't trust it. they're as bad as Ecklund when it comes to reporting about us, and half the time it seems they do it to get a rise out of us and try to prove our whole existence was ultimately doomed to failure someday. They delight in making us nuts over whether there's going to be a team or not

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#110 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Man this team would be fvcked without that TV deal from MSG.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#111 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

if the NY Post is involved in reporting, I don't trust it. they're as bad as Ecklund when it comes to reporting about us, and half the time it seems they do it to get a rise out of us and try to prove our whole existence was ultimately doomed to failure someday. They delight in making us nuts over whether there's going to be a team or not

Even the Forbes article stated that relocation is off the table.  Devils aren't moving.  NHL will probably just keep the team afloat until one of the groups buys the Devils and then move on.  I do not see this as being another Phoenix and this will be measured in months, maybe a year at most and not the years it took for Phoenix to get somewhat resolved.

#112 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

I don't trust the Forbes article - they and the NY Post have been pretty consistently incorrect over the course of this thing.  TG has Barroway as still interested - even so, how do trial lawyers have enough money to buy sports franchises?  

I wonder who planted the Forbes story, because as someone on Twitter pointed out, seems like the Devils planted the story with TG about Harris and Barroway.

I doubt they have the money they just know how to get people together that do have it

If the NHL takes over this isn't a Phoenix situation its more like an LA Dodgers situation (minus the court stuff)

Edited by roomtemp, 08 August 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#113 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Peter Angelos says hello.

Also, if the Devils' ownership planted that story, they're even worse businessmen than I thought, and they're not listening to their lawyers.  I would imagine that there is a confidentiality agreement in place.

Edited by Daniel, 08 August 2013 - 10:53 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#114 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

I agree, Forbes has had as many wrong articles about the Devils the past couple years as the Post has. I won't give it any credence until I see it from somewhere else that's more reputable. Forbes isn't the magazine it used to be, it's a step above a blog version of the Post these days.

#115 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

All I can say is that offseasons for devils fans have become very stressful times.

#116 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1m
Devils will apparently be sold within the next few days.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 9m
Gary Bettman says the NHL will not take over the Devils, as reports suggest.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#117 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Daniel mentioned Angelos but the fact is, Plantiffs Attorneys who are major partners in law firms can make substantial moneys if they win/settle the right case.

The BofA case had a $2 Billion settlement. My buddy's firm saw hundreds of millions in fees from that win alone.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#118 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 12m
Gary Bettman says report NHL has plans to take over Devils is inaccurate.

#119 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Edit: link has been posted already.

Edited by Devs4LIFE, 08 August 2013 - 11:19 AM.

Posted Image

#120 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 12m
Although I was told yesterday that nothing was imminent as far as Devils sale being completed, it now it sounds like it could happen quickly
And for the record, I hope TG is correct and it does happen quickly because I'm sick of this sh!t. Just get it done already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users