162 replies to this topic

#141 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Anybody get a letter about the red-light camera lawsuit? My sister got one in the mail from a ticket she got a while back. It says she'd get at least $8.50. LOL.

#142 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hey I hurd the Debbies are moving to Seattle lolz they never had any fans everybody knows NJ is RANJURZ 4 LIFE BABY! #believeinblue

You know it's coming...

It's already all over my Facebook. Rangers fans, all from New Jersey, laughing at the thought of their state's only team leaving for Quebec.

The stupidity.

Yeah its pretty fvcking astonishing how stupid some Ranger fans are. The Devils aren't moving. Teams have ownership issues. Not every team that has them moves. It amazes me that some of these mongoloids automatically equate ownership issues with moving. Maybe they should worry about their own team moving to fvcking Queens in 10 years when the city flushes the toilet on that sh!thole they play in.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#143 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yeah its pretty fvcking astonishing how stupid some Ranger fans are. The Devils aren't moving. Teams have ownership issues. Not every team that has them moves. It amazes me that some of these mongoloids automatically equate ownership issues with moving. Maybe they should worry about their own team moving to fvcking Queens in 10 years when the city flushes the toilet on that sh!thole they play in.

It's not really all that astonishing anymore.  Stupid Ranger fans breed with stupid Ranger fans and give birth to...you guessed it...more stupid Ranger fans.  Until stupid Ranger fans are segregated and sterilized and not allowed to have any sexual contact whatsoever with the few intelligent Ranger fans that exist and continue poisoning the Ranger gene pool, we will always be subjected to the witticisms and insights of...drum roll...

STUPID RANGER FANS!

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#144 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

Ranger fans i can understand being morons. But what is the media's excuse for their lazy copy and paste journalism? One outlet said the debt can be tied to the Prudential Center severely underperforming in non-hockey activities! Yet, the Pru was the 8th highest grossing venue in the U.S.

#145 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Gee.  Forbes and Murdoch.  Forbes and Murdoch, wonder why this keeps happening

#146 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Rangers fans are just going to push your buttons because they don't fully understand the story and want to get a rise out of all of you.

Look at it this way from this Sabres fans perspective: One of our previous owners John Rigas was handcuffed out of his office, was using $ from the team for lavish vacations, etc, ran us into the complete ground, there were some rumors of a move but it never happened.

And they are still in Buffalo. NJ will be fine.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#147 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hahahaha:
ESPN NHL - Gary Bettman says Forbes report NHL may take over Devils if buyer is not found is "not accurate"

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#148 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

So, who exactly owns the Prudential Center?  I always thought the Devils did, do they not?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#149 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

Rangers fans are just going to push your buttons because they don't fully understand the story and want to get a rise out of all of you.

Look at it this way from this Sabres fans perspective: One of our previous owners John Rigas was handcuffed out of his office, was using $ from the team for lavish vacations, etc, ran us into the complete ground, there were some rumors of a move but it never happened.

And they are still in Buffalo. NJ will be fine.

What's sad is most of them aren't trying to intentionally push buttons...they're not that clever.  They really are that stupid.  Just like they believe that the Rangers are rich in tradition and are somehow the Yankees of the NHL because their team has "New York" in front of the team nickname.  They really do believe the Devils could move to Quebec or Timbuktu or Greenland.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#150 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Of course here is Kosman's take:

http://www.nypost.co...cCx2mnJHvPOYhPJ

#151 Scorpitron

Scorpitron

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Of course here is Kosman's take:

http://www.nypost.co...cCx2mnJHvPOYhPJ

It's kind of funny how a journalist can really color the story for the reader.  If I had read Kosman's take first, I really would have a much more negative view of the current developments.  Instead because I heard it first from that Fox29 guy's tweet and TG's blog, it has me looking at it as a potentially positive development.  More suitors suggests to me that they see value in franchise.  Also, this Harris group sounds like it has much deeper pockets than Barroway. 

All of this does make me wonder if Vanderbeek was dealing honestly with Barroway though.  It's all bankers and lawyers screwing each other over though so I can't feel sympathy.

#152 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

I refuse to click on that link and read more copy and paste journalism.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#153 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

So, who exactly owns the Prudential Center?  I always thought the Devils did, do they not?

The Newark Housing Authority (I believe) owns the arena.  Devils Arena Entertainment leases the building from them and is charged with operating and maintaing the facility, while getting to keep any and all profits from acts/events booked there. 

Posted Image

#154 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

C'mon you know you know you want your daily dose of rage:)

#155 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yep.  Glad it was labeled Kosman so I could avoid it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#156 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,814 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

I read it anyway. About 4% of that article was original material...though at least it wasn't a thinly veiled hit piece

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#157 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

After reading that article, I really think I might take up being a reporter part-time for some extra dough.

I mean, all I'd have to do is make up controversial bullsh!t that is loosely (VERY LOOSELY) based on an actual event, and then cite my 'sources', which I'd conveniently never have to name.  

I mean, where's the integrity?

Edited by Devilsfan118, 09 August 2013 - 11:46 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#158 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

I read it anyway. About 4% of that article was original material...though at least it wasn't a thinly veiled hit piece

... It was a not-veiled-at-all hit piece?

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#159 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

It's not really all that astonishing anymore.  Stupid Ranger fans breed with stupid Ranger fans and give birth to...you guessed it...more stupid Ranger fans.  Until stupid Ranger fans are segregated and sterilized and not allowed to have any sexual contact whatsoever with the few intelligent Ranger fans that exist and continue poisoning the Ranger gene pool, we will always be subjected to the witticisms and insights of...drum roll...

STUPID RANGER FANS!

This is the POST OF THE YEAR

Thank you

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#160 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

This is the POST OF THE YEAR

Thank you

Sadly, my stupid Ranger fans comment is a result of having spent many years of dealing with...well, ya know...

I actually have met some that can speak intelligently about hockey, but I have never dealt with a fanbase that is as collectively stupid as they are.  I can't think of one that even comes close, I really can't.  They're arrogant and cocky with having anything to be arrogant and cocky about.  And course, I have yet to see another franchise and fanbase re-celebrate a championship as shamelessly and embarrassingly as they re-hash '94.     

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users