Obviously I don't know anything about local Jersey burger joints, but on the national chains:
- I don't get the appeal of Five Guys. It's the very definition of "meh". The ability to pick and choose your toppings is overshadowed by the fact that the burgers themselves are bland and uninspiring, and the fries aren't anything special.
- Red Robin could stand to cut their prices by a buck or two, but I actually really like them. My go-to burger there is the Royal, which is a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on top. I'm also a fan of the mushroom-and-Swiss burger, whatever it's called.
- I miss Fuddrucker's. We only had one in the Albany area; it closed a couple years ago when the landlord raised the rent and was replaced by a Hooters.
- I rarely go to Wendy's and Burger King, but when I do, I usually get chicken instead. That should tell you something.
- McDonald's is good when you get a craving for burger-flavored grease. From that twisted perspective, the Double Quarter Pounder is quite possibly the greatest burger on the planet. And the Chicken McNuggets are strangely addicting.