166 replies to this topic

#81 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

-  I lived in Little Ferry for a bit and White Mana was always the dream place to go for burgers.  Only went a couple of times though due to the ridiculous wait, which was not worth the end product.  Sometimes the dream is better than the payoff.

-  Same goes for Shake Shack. Yummy as all get out, but I can't wait in line for an hour for lunch.  Their concretes are flipping great though and they have a drink only line, so you can avoid the crowds.  If you want to give them a go, I'd recommend the location on 86th St between Lexington and 3rd.  Not nearly as bad of a line as the Madison Square Park location.

-  Zinburger was very good the few times I've been and I love the fact they serve wine, which is a nice touch.

-  There's a place called Go Burger which is popping up here and there in NYC. Pretty standard stuff but better than Bareburger (another newish chain that's entirely overpriced for the snobby service and average food).  Also, I think they're affiliated with Smashburger as they have an item called "The Smashburger".  Just a burger with cheese with onions stuffed into it.  Much better than it sounds.

-  In and Out is a special little slice of heaven.  Animal style.  Oh man, so good.

-  Favorite burger in NYC is Five Napkin Burger.  Pricey but unbelievably yummy.  They also have a nice craft beer selection and a great whiskey / bourbon rack.

Oh, and this MSG thing is just a ploy by the city to get some more cash out of the Dolans.  I'd be shocked if they knocked down the building, considering it's national landmark, for better or for worse.

I forgot about Five Napkin. That's a good one too, especially with those tater tots with cheese in them.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#82 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

I forgot about Five Napkin. That's a good one too, especially with those tater tots with cheese in them.

Yes Five Napkin is very good, forgot about that one

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#83 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

I thought cheeseburgers were just an urban legend.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#84 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Bastards.  I just went to 5 Napkins website to see what the fuss was about and looked at the photos.  I want one right now.  It looks glorious.

#85 Have Another Donut

Have Another Donut

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

True and the fact that for $2.50 you can go pretty much anyplace in the entire system is still pretty damn good.  Every other subway I have been on they charge you based on distance.

Plus you get a free bus transfer if used within two hours.  For quick trips I go downtown on the bus and come back for free on subway (or vice versa).

Back to burgers:  Bang for your buck-In N Out  the hands down winner.

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." Dr. Jerry Graham

#86 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

I just said fvck a diet and went to wendys for a double baconator

Devils.

#87 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I just destroyed two Burger King cheeseburgers.  Poor fvckers never stood a chance.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#88 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Our company provided us with free BBQ for lunch today.  Destroyed a cheeseburger as well.

#89 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

No cheeseburgers are safe today.  They have been warned. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#90 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Lol I'm picturing at least half the forum eating burgers today

#91 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

I am going to assume you don't ride the NYC subways.   The subway system is very, very good and clean with new cars for the most part.    The city does have a leg to stand on and they are going to use that muscle to get some revenue, for the good of the city.   Penn Station is far more important to MSG, than MSG is to Penn Station and NYC.  

Would not be surprised if the West Side/Jets old project comes back into the discussion.

Also, this would have no effect on the subway. There's 1 stop at Penn Station. Penn Station matters for LIRR, NJ Transit, and Amtrak.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#92 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

They'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

#30 FOREVER!

#93 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

I think I'm finally getting Krug's tonight (though we'll see if it actually happens with my past Krug's luck).

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#94 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Best burger ever

#95 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'm ashamed it took this long for someone to think of that reference. Well done, sir. Well done.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#96 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Just bought veal pork beef mix. Chopped up some onions and garlic, reduced them down, added them to the beef. Grilled the patties to medium well. Added cheddar cheese, chopped pickles, mayo, ketchup, and I toasted the buns with butter and garlic. My goodness it was delicious!

Edited by Zubie#8, 26 July 2013 - 01:51 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#97 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Also, this would have no effect on the subway. There's 1 stop at Penn Station. Penn Station matters for LIRR, NJ Transit, and Amtrak.

I think it's more about turning it into a "hub", like they are doing downtown. A world-class transportation hub looks better and will serve the city better than Madison Square Garden. Don't underestimate the amount of tourists that use Penn Station to get to the airport, and how sh!tty an impression it leaves on them as the central station for a city like New York. It's 2013, and New York is now seeing the positives of what "eye candy" architecture can do to the city; buildings become icons and draw tons and tons of tourists (like the Highline).

Yes, tourists also love checking out New York sports when they arrive here, but they'll go see the Knicks or Rangers or Yankees regardless of venue; they're going to a New York sports event so they can say "We went to see a Yankees/Knicks/Rangers game in New York", and not, "We went to Madison Square Garden."

#98 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

(popeye)

ON LOUSDAY!!!!

Devils.

#99 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think it's more about turning it into a "hub", like they are doing downtown. A world-class transportation hub looks better and will serve the city better than Madison Square Garden. Don't underestimate the amount of tourists that use Penn Station to get to the airport, and how sh!tty an impression it leaves on them as the central station for a city like New York. It's 2013, and New York is now seeing the positives of what "eye candy" architecture can do to the city; buildings become icons and draw tons and tons of tourists (like the Highline).

Yes, tourists also love checking out New York sports when they arrive here, but they'll go see the Knicks or Rangers or Yankees regardless of venue; they're going to a New York sports event so they can say "We went to see a Yankees/Knicks/Rangers game in New York", and not, "We went to Madison Square Garden."

There are tons of other sites to see and the tourists already have Grand Central.  The old Penn Station was pretty impressive, but was falling apart and ridership was going down.

Speaking of "eye candy" architecture being overrated, take a look at the WTC transportation hub that is being constructed.  The cost is about $3 billion when it is all set an done, and many groups outside the PA the station will only serve about 50,000 people a day and possibly as low as 20,000 people a day, which is far below that of Penn or Grand Central.

The current Penn Station is not pretty, but it serves its purpose.  If they want eye candy they can easily move in to the post office next door.

Edited by DevsMan84, 26 July 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#100 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

What is that one from?  Don't recognize it.

For shame! Not recognizing The Big Lebowski should be a federal crime.

Tsk tsk...
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users