5 replies to this topic

#1 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Sorry to start a thread, this board is so full of posts over the last month I wouldn't know where to begin to look for an answer.

obviously we lose our 1st rounder next draft due to the one that will not be named contract.

If we were to gain another 1st round pick through a trade and technically end up with two 1st round picks, do we get to choose which pick we forfeit, or do we just forfeit "our" first round pick based on the position we end up in at the end of the season?

hope that makes sense.

hockey fans (sports fans in general) in Australia like to be quite negative toward other fans' teams to the point that they're right and everyone else is wrong and sick of arguing with them.

me personally, think they could choose which 1st rounder we forfeit.

obviously this is all hypothetical, but who knows whats up Lou's sleeves.

Edited by newjerseydamo, 26 July 2013 - 07:06 PM.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#2 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Devils have to forfeit their own pick.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#3 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

The devils' pick has been forfeited already for next year. It simply doesn't exist. The 1st round will be 29 picks.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#4 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

I at least give you kudos for coming up with something so zany and complex lol
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#5 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

I at least give you kudos for coming up with something so zany and complex lol

It's at least the tenth time I've seen someone ask about that scenario here or on HF.  There's no way they would let the Devils choose a first-rounder, they already got to choose the year.  They can still trade for someone else's first-rounder, that's it...but it's not like they have a lot to trade that would bring back a first anyway.

#6 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

It's at least the tenth time I've seen someone ask about that scenario here or on HF.  There's no way they would let the Devils choose a first-rounder, they already got to choose the year.  They can still trade for someone else's first-rounder, that's it...but it's not like they have a lot to trade that would bring back a first anyway.

And, as I wrote, it may have been asked previously, but where to look, and the busy times the forums have had recently make that difficult.

It isn't a "zany" or "complex" situation at all, but a legit question. It's been answered as per thefiesygoat, so it's been dealt with.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users