#1 KovalClutch

KovalClutch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Sup guys,

Let me start off by saying I am here to learn.

I am 21 years old and am a semi-new hockey fan. In my first 17 years before college I did not watch any NHL as I am more of a baseball fan. (New York Mets)

So my hockey story:

It starts with the fact that since going to college I have had to watch my fair share of hockey. I go to school at SUNY Brockport, which resides near Buffalo... Obviously everyone is a huge Sabres fan up there including 4 of my best friends. At first, their fanhood only made my lack of interest in hockey greater as they annoyed me. But as time went on, I grew to try and enjoy the games on the tv.

Why the Devils?

Well, it's pretty simple. I became a NJ Devils fan just a season ago, well playoff ago. And I chose the Devils because of my hatred for fairweather fans. I live about 45 minutes outside NYC, and when playoffs came somehow everyone I knew in the area took an interest in hockey and became the super Rangers fan. So I thought to myself how do i piss them off? Well why not root for the Devils..

A perfect time to root for them if I must say.. Game 6 and 7 against the Panthers in my college fraternity house all drunk was probably my first real memorable moment as a Devils fan.. Followed up by Henrique's goal in Game 6 against the Rangers was the icing on the cake.

How did I end up here?

I forum alot with the Mets, and figured this will only enhance my knowledge of the organization and fans more rapidly. Take it easy on me for awhile as I am a bit behind on stats, players, etc.

... Now.. a lockout shortened season later. a kovalchuck retirement later (leaving my username now useless and in bad memory) ... HERE I AM

I am here to learn guys. It's time to embrace the National Hockey League and the best team in it the New Jersey Devils in my life.

- KovalClutch

#2 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,492 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

you may want to change your name to koval++++... being how dirty he did us.. not sure if youve heard about that but if youve read anything on here you should know what he did.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#3 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Well, it's pretty simple. I became a NJ Devils fan just a season ago, well playoff ago. And I chose the Devils because of my hatred for fairweather fans. I live about 45 minutes outside NYC, and when playoffs came somehow everyone I knew in the area took an interest in hockey and became the super Rangers fan. So I thought to myself how do i piss them off? Well why not root for the Devils..

A perfect time to root for them if I must say.. Game 6 and 7 against the Panthers in my college fraternity house all drunk was probably my first real memorable moment as a Devils fan.. Followed up by Henrique's goal in Game 6 against the Rangers was the icing on the cake.

Same for me, only I started in '94. That sucked more.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#4 KovalClutch

KovalClutch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

you may want to change your name to koval++++... being how dirty he did us.. not sure if youve heard about that but if youve read anything on here you should know what he did.

Yea I know what he did. It was only days after I created this account too. Bad omen.

#5 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

if you want to change the name let me know and welcome!

#6 KovalClutch

KovalClutch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

if you want to change the name let me know and welcome!

Thanks. But ya know what, I think I'll keep this name. It will always be a good story for me. Horrible memory or not, I'll always remember Kovy leaving a fews days after I created this name. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users