6 replies to this topic

#1 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

never been to a pre season game although with being extremely anxious for the season to start i was thinking about scooping up tickets to one or two to check it out being that tickets are so cheap(stubhub).. i can imagine the arena being quite dead and empty for these games though? Do any of you guys usually attend the pre season games? and are they dead and boring? geesh im even bored on here lately theres nothing left to talk about
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

never been to a pre season game although with being extremely anxious for the season to start i was thinking about scooping up tickets to one or two to check it out being that tickets are so cheap(stubhub).. i can imagine the arena being quite dead and empty for these games though? Do any of you guys usually attend the pre season games? and are they dead and boring? geesh im even bored on here lately theres nothing left to talk about

Pre-season games tend to be glorified scrimmages with many of the scrubs trying to make the team, so don't go into it seeing top-notch hockey.

I wouldn't even bother with stubhub and just keep waiting as there are two cheaper options:

1) Get a voucher for a free ticket from a STH who has extras (there are usually plenty).  Those can be redeemed at the box office for a ticket to that night's game

2) If past history continues, wait until about a week or a few days before the games are scheduled and the Devils usually have a special link to dirt cheap tickets.  In the 2011-12 pre-season I got lower level tickets for either $10 or $15 each.

#3 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

ohh cool deal... thanks for the tips.. wish i wouldve found this forum seasons ago ive learned so much since ive been here since march
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#4 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Not boring at all, just not "great hockey". I genuinely enjoy seeing some of our young kids fighting for a spot. It's great to see the levels of progress made (or lack thereof) across our roster, especially after an offseason like this where so many people are fighting for a few spots.

Watching guys like Larsson or Josefson or Tedenby during the preseason is really what I look forward to. Seeing where Merrill, Gelinas or even maybe Boucher lie will be particularly exciting. Most of us don't/can't watch the Albany/minors/juniors too much, so it's great to see some of these kids in action that we read about all year.

Seeing DeBoer tinker with how Clowe or Ryder or Olesz are used will be fun to follow over those few weeks and those preseason games make opening night that much more exciting.

Edited by DJ Eco, 05 August 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#5 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

ohh cool deal... thanks for the tips.. wish i wouldve found this forum seasons ago ive learned so much since ive been here since march

The pre season game are fun if you want to see the younger guys fighting for a spot. It isn't pretty hockey (but when is Devils hockey anyway?),  but it's a nice chance to see guys like Merril, Gelinas, Boucher, maybe an early Schneider game, etc.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#6 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

The first couple of preseason games are fun to watch simply due to hockey withdrawal, and yeah, you get to see some future names, but pretty it ain't. 

You also get the Pavel Brendl-types who have great preseasons, then promptly go on to do almost zilch once the games count.  You see that in all of the preseasons, really...the Mets had a couple of preseason beasts (Darren Reed and Butch Huskey) who went on to do a hell of a lot less once the regular season began.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#7 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

The first couple of preseason games are fun to watch simply due to hockey withdrawal, and yeah, you get to see some future names, but pretty it ain't. 

You also get the Pavel Brendl-types who have great preseasons, then promptly go on to do almost zilch once the games count.  You see that in all of the preseasons, really...the Mets had a couple of preseason beasts (Darren Reed and Butch Huskey) who went on to do a hell of a lot less once the regular season began.

You also get to see Lou's strange camp invites playing in sometimes their only games in a Devil sweater. Like the great Fedor Fedorov!!

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users