• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

I think we'll have some sort of throwback-looking jersey that's not technically a throwback.  Something in our current colors but with a more "classic" look - like New Jersey in script on the front in like a cream color, with the logo on the shoulders, and probably a lace-up at the neck because that's apparently classy and classic and throwback-y.

I was thinking something along this line as well, except instead of the script, there would be one of those circle logos with the main logo in the middle and the team name written around the outside.  I know there are other teams that do this, but I had the Wild's retro logo (started out as their alternate, now it's on the home jersey) in mind when I was designing the Devils' version.  I used cream instead of white because that seems to be the new "classic" thing to do, and there's two versions, one for a white jersey and the other for a red jersey.  Also, as you can see, I used the original green instead of the modern black.

gallery_47_36_31667.png 

And I can't decide if this would go on the Christmas tree jerseys as-is or if the white on those -- regardless of whether it's the home or away one -- would be changed to cream.  I was playing around with the mockups they have on nhluniforms.com and jerseydatabase.com, and they sort of look good with the cream and they sort of don't.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#22 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

always thought home/road "whites" were a dumb concept, I didn't even realize it had anything to do with black and white tv.

Yup.  Same reason why the blue lines are solid and the red center-ice line is not.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#23 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,762 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

That's pretty good Rowdy. Has an oldschool look.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#24 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

Nice work, Rowdy! The one on the right would look especially good on a red sweater.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#25 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Too bad the game isn't being played in NJ since the Devils are the home team. All other home teams are playing in their city or state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users