• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

I think we'll have some sort of throwback-looking jersey that's not technically a throwback.  Something in our current colors but with a more "classic" look - like New Jersey in script on the front in like a cream color, with the logo on the shoulders, and probably a lace-up at the neck because that's apparently classy and classic and throwback-y.

I was thinking something along this line as well, except instead of the script, there would be one of those circle logos with the main logo in the middle and the team name written around the outside.  I know there are other teams that do this, but I had the Wild's retro logo (started out as their alternate, now it's on the home jersey) in mind when I was designing the Devils' version.  I used cream instead of white because that seems to be the new "classic" thing to do, and there's two versions, one for a white jersey and the other for a red jersey.  Also, as you can see, I used the original green instead of the modern black.

gallery_47_36_31667.png 

And I can't decide if this would go on the Christmas tree jerseys as-is or if the white on those -- regardless of whether it's the home or away one -- would be changed to cream.  I was playing around with the mockups they have on nhluniforms.com and jerseydatabase.com, and they sort of look good with the cream and they sort of don't.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#22 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

always thought home/road "whites" were a dumb concept, I didn't even realize it had anything to do with black and white tv.

Yup.  Same reason why the blue lines are solid and the red center-ice line is not.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#23 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

That's pretty good Rowdy. Has an oldschool look.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#24 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

Nice work, Rowdy! The one on the right would look especially good on a red sweater.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#25 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Too bad the game isn't being played in NJ since the Devils are the home team. All other home teams are playing in their city or state.

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Instead of putting up a new thread I figured it was cleaner just to bump this.

It looks like there will be at least 1 Stadium Series game next year as it was leaked through Ticketmaster that there will be a game between the Sharks and the Kings at the new Levi's Stadium (new SF 49er's stadium) on Feb 21, 2015.

I just found this interesting as I thought Bettman said earlier this past off-season that they were putting a hold on the SS games for at least 1 season before thinking about bringing them back.  i guess the $ might have been the main factor in changing his mind.

#27 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

Instead of putting up a new thread I figured it was cleaner just to bump this.

It looks like there will be at least 1 Stadium Series game next year as it was leaked through Ticketmaster that there will be a game between the Sharks and the Kings at the new Levi's Stadium (new SF 49er's stadium) on Feb 21, 2015.

I just found this interesting as I thought Bettman said earlier this past off-season that they were putting a hold on the SS games for at least 1 season before thinking about bringing them back.  i guess the $ might have been the main factor in changing his mind.

was there a reason why Bettman said he wanted to put a hold on the SS games for a year?  doesn't make any sense to me as to why you would want to do something like that.

the ratings and revenue should be enough of a reason to keep them, very simple.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

was there a reason why Bettman said he wanted to put a hold on the SS games for a year?  doesn't make any sense to me as to why you would want to do something like that.

the ratings and revenue should be enough of a reason to keep them, very simple.

I think he said something to the effect of just too much and they wanted to protect the Winter Classic brand.  Even though I loved the SS last year it did feel like it was a a bit too much.  However, the SS are pretty much the only way a few teams will ever get an outdoor game, including the Devils last year.

#29 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

it should be 1 winter classic, 1 stadium series, 1 heritage classic per year.

Edited by Zubie#8, 06 August 2014 - 10:19 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#30 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

Agree with Zubie, no overkill. But with SF getting this monster revenue of a stadium up, there is no way Bettmen is passing on that profit!

#31 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

The SS is essentially for those two fanbases and whoever happens to watch. And they make so much money from it that hey why not.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

Honestly I find this years SS game more interesting in terms of the teams playing than this years winter classic

#33 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

Agreed.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#34 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

i agree with this as well.. having several a year water them down and dont make the events as special as theyre supposed to be.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Apparently from what I am hearing, there will be only 1 SS game this year.  Also from what I am hearing is that the Kings will be wearing a different jersey this year than their SS jersey from last year.  For the Sharks they will be wearing a brand new jersey but it will not feature orange as it's primary color according to what I am seeing and hearing from jersey insiders (if anyone even cares lol).

I think with the Heritage Classic should be done once every other year since basically that is just drawing from a pool of only 7 NHL teams and could grow stale more quickly than the SS and WC games.

#36 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

I'm probably in a crazy minority, but I wouldn't mind each team getting one outdoor game per season. I enjoy them that much, the fans obviously do, the teams and the leagues make tons of cash.

Of course, to do that would kill off the novelty within a season or two. I just talked myself out of it.

#37 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'm probably in a crazy minority, but I wouldn't mind each team getting one outdoor game per season. I enjoy them that much, the fans obviously do, the teams and the leagues make tons of cash.

Of course, to do that would kill off the novelty within a season or two. I just talked myself out of it.

Yeah that would be a little much.  However, I do like the idea of a SS game each year where while not as big as the WC, it still showcases teams that would otherwise never have a shot in hell in being in a WC since NBC is the ultimate decision maker in the teams playing in them.  Would love to see an outdoor game in Denver and in Minnesota sometime.

#38 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

Apparently from what I am hearing, there will be only 1 SS game this year.  Also from what I am hearing is that the Kings will be wearing a different jersey this year than their SS jersey from last year.  For the Sharks they will be wearing a brand new jersey but it will not feature orange as it's primary color according to what I am seeing and hearing from jersey insiders (if anyone even cares lol).

I think with the Heritage Classic should be done once every other year since basically that is just drawing from a pool of only 7 NHL teams and could grow stale more quickly than the SS and WC games.

If the Sharks aren't in teal for that game, I riot.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#39 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

The Sharks need to roll old school: IM000886.jpg
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#40 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

If the Sharks aren't in teal for that game, I riot.

Someone who has actually seen the concepts (he works in the jersey industry and described the Kings and Ducks SS jerseys last year perfectly right before they were released) said that they are not going in the direction of their early 90's template.  He couldn't divulge more but that can be interpreted both ways.  Could be teal, but not the same design or no teal at all.

He did say though that there will be no orange in it and in fact they want to get rid of orange all together even on their regular jerseys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users