223 replies to this topic

#221 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

I was going to say that these disputes with contractors don't really speak to the overall financial situation one way or the other. Successful and unsuccessful businesses get into disputes and litigation with contractors and vendors all the time, and will stiff vendors on bills if they can. I was involved with a case where one of the most profitable teams in the league did just that. (No it wasn't the Rags).

Edited by Daniel, 25 August 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#222 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Something is wrong about that Newark nut company timeline. I could have sworn I saw them in either the 2010-11 season or 2011-12 season while the guy in the article is arguing he has not been back since 2009.

#223 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hey, what did you expect with a highfalutin, high-class huckster and hustler of an owner?   :evil:

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#224 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Ya, I think you just have to accept that many organizations play hardball with their vendors regardless of the actual financial picture. I think the important part is that the new owner seems to want to put a focus on increasing the exposure of the team and continue the work Vanderbeek has done in expanding our brand. Overall I think the net result is continued develoment around the arena and a quality team on the ice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users