223 replies to this topic

#21 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

I suppose someone who is in the top ten richest people in the world with local roots to the destination. But Harris had no roots in Seattle and isn't THAT rich.

Even then, the Devils pretty much HAVE to go bankrupt if you sit around and wait long enough.  LOL.  They would be alot cheaper that way.

#22 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'll just be happy when we can stop hearing about the Devils financial troubles...or at least be able to dismiss the Post rumors with a hearty laugh.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Eskin is pretty plugged in to the Philly scene.  He's a major douche, but he is pretty reliable.  I am hearing rumblings that Harris wants to move the Devils and 76ers to Seattle.

Oh honestly go fvck yourself.  Don't come on here saying sh!t like that if you're not going to source yourself ya moron.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Oh honestly go fvck yourself. Don't come on here saying sh!t like that if you're not going to source yourself ya moron.

Agreed.

I have looked through twitter and Facebook and other places and the only place I saw this Seattle rumor is on that other devils forum posted by a member there with no sources cited.

#25 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'll wait for TG's confirmation... :koolaid:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#26 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,777 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Eskin is pretty plugged in to the Philly scene.  He's a major douche, but he is pretty reliable.  I am hearing rumblings that Harris wants to move the Devils and 76ers to Seattle.

Tell me exactly where you are hearing those rumblings?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#27 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Tell me exactly where you are hearing those rumblings?

Same place he hears them after a good meal at taco bell.

#28 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Kind of interesting.....According to earlier Eskin tweets Vanderbeek and Harris know each other.

Eskin is a major douche but look at the fanbase he has to deal with. At least he'll call a moron a moron.

#29 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

I'd love to know how this might/would affect any potential NBA team at the Rock. Not that the 76ers would move up the Turnpike, I couldn't imagine that - but as owner of an NBA team in a different city than an arena he'd own too - is that a conflict of interest?

I think the future of the Rock is certainly viable as a single-tenant, but I think any owner would certainly like to have a basketball team in there as well. I know Shaq showed minimal interest back in the day, maybe this guy who got Will and Jada Smith into a minority stake could somehow put together a group to get a bball team in there. Again, I know nothing about the health of the NBA franchises, is there any chance of a possible move?

I think it was interesting in terms of concerts/bands couldn't be booked too much recently, because of the inability to put a down payment for the act. I'm not sure if that was sourced, but it seemed to make sense.

#30 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

I'd love to know how this might/would affect any potential NBA team at the Rock. Not that the 76ers would move up the Turnpike, I couldn't imagine that - but as owner of an NBA team in a different city than an arena he'd own too - is that a conflict of interest?

I think the future of the Rock is certainly viable as a single-tenant, but I think any owner would certainly like to have a basketball team in there as well. I know Shaq showed minimal interest back in the day, maybe this guy who got Will and Jada Smith into a minority stake could somehow put together a group to get a bball team in there. Again, I know nothing about the health of the NBA franchises, is there any chance of a possible move?

I think it was interesting in terms of concerts/bands couldn't be booked too much recently, because of the inability to put a down payment for the act. I'm not sure if that was sourced, but it seemed to make sense.

I don't follow the NBA that closely but it seems unlikely that anyone would want a 3rd basketball team in the NY area.  Yes, I realize there are 3 NHL teams in the area. The difficulty with basketball is that the league has 6 or 7 powerful franchises and 10 teams who are constantly sucking hind tit, and in an area with so much basketball, this would leave either the Nets or the NJ team constantly on the outside.  With the Nets and Islanders in Barclays next season, that should open up other acts to use the Prudential Center.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#31 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,884 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 26s
Told by multiple sources that deal for 76ers group, headed by Josh Harris, to purchase Devils is not "done", but headed that way.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 24s
Source said purchase price of Devils was established for weeks & never an issue with bidders, but a lot of moving parts still involved.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#32 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,884 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Here is the link to TG's write-up: http://blogs.northje...that_direction/
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#33 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

That makes absolutely no sense on any level.

Just repeating what I heard from some people in the advertising business.  

#34 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Oh honestly go fvck yourself.  Don't come on here saying sh!t like that if you're not going to source yourself ya moron.

Someone's cranky, I guess mom made you turn of the video games to take out the trash.

It's OK, just try and get out before your 30.

#35 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,777 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

So multiple people, in the advertising business...have knowledge that the Devils and 76ers are pulling an unprecedented double move to Seattle by a guy buying the team...who works in equity management

That's like Nabisco knowing who the Jets starting QB will be in week 1.

Edited by '7', 09 August 2013 - 09:47 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#36 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

So multiple people, in the advertising business...have knowledge that the Devils and 76ers are pulling an unprecedented double move to Seattle by a guy buying the team...who works in equity management

It's more like Nabisco knowing who the Jets' QB will be in week 7 in 2015 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#37 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

So multiple people, in the advertising business...have knowledge that the Devils and 76ers are pulling an unprecedented double move to Seattle by a guy buying the team...who works in equity management (who may or may not be buying the team)

Just adding that in because it's not even like it's done yet.  lol.

That, might quite literally be the worst sourcing of a rumor I've ever heard.   And they afterwards the "your" "you're" thing by the poster.  I'm sold, Devils are moving to Seattle.   Seattle Walruses ahoy

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

Just adding that in because it's not even like it's done yet.  lol.

That, might quite literally be the worst sourcing of a rumor I've ever heard.   And they afterwards the "your" "you're" thing by the poster.  I'm sold, Devils are moving to Seattle.   Seattle Walruses ahoy

Dunno your source but I heard they will be called the Seattle Operating Systems, an unsubtle nod to Microsoft - could they buy the naming rights to the arena?  You heard it here first...

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#39 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

If he bought the debt as reported (leaving JVB stiffed), $250M or thereabouts.   If he bought everything, alot more.

http://sports.yahoo....03611--nba.html

Though a purchase price - near $300 million, the person said - appears to be set, there are still several factors to iron out between Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek and Harris. The person expects the agreement to be in place sometime early next week and be finalized with the league in time for the NHL opener in October.

The deal would create some more interest in the long-running rivalry between the Devils and the Philadelphia Flyers, who play in the same building - the Wells Fargo Center - as Harris' 76ers. The agreement with the Devils would include operating rights to the Prudential Center in Newark, which opened in 2007 and housed the Stanley Cup Finals in 2012, as well as the NHL Draft in June.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#40 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Right.

Someone's cranky, I guess mom made you turn of the video games to take out the trash.

It's OK, just try and get out before your 30.

:rolleyes:

Listen, don't come here and post controversial bullsh!t, and then get offended when someone (or multiple people, in this case) call(s) you out on it. 

Edited by Devilsfan118, 09 August 2013 - 11:44 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users