115 replies to this topic

#1 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

I got an email that I will have 'first dibs' at tickets for this game. Am I missing something? As a STH don't I already have tickets to this?

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#2 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

I got an email that I will have 'first dibs' at tickets for this game. Am I missing something? As a STH don't I already have tickets to this?

You have to pay the difference in price between your regular ticket price and the special event ticket price.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#3 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,432 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

You also get credited the amount of your season ticket price towards the game (if you have $27 seats, you get $27 off whatever price it is, so if tickets are $90, you pay $63).  You can also opt not to buy them and just take the game credit back.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 August 2013 - 09:58 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

Seating chart released:

Yankee-Stadiummap.jpg

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#5 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,432 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Some of the prices/locations look really weird, or maybe there are just too many colors involved.  The 400 sections look like the $229 area for some reason.  And center ice in the 100's look like the $79 area (with the red just behind it at $119)?  Is it somehow bad to sit closer in these things?

The 200's are probably indoor/suites, cause they seem to be the most expensive.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 August 2013 - 07:26 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm guessing if you're too low you have trouble seeing over boards and other miscellaneous stuff.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#7 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'm guessing if you're too low you have trouble seeing over boards and other miscellaneous stuff.

Yeah, higher up is better for these. Those cheaper seats will have pretty obstructed views

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#8 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

The terrace level is nice but the Main level definitely offers the best view. But $299 for a main level seat I was expecting.

Edited by GoArmySports, 16 August 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#9 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

People on FB complaining about the ticket prices.... :doh1:   I mean what do they expect for an event like this $40? And I am really happy for these prices, not bad at all.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#10 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

Shot in the dark here but if anyone is not buying their alloted tickets (regulars or the 2 extra per account), I am looking for 3 more to bring my parents and wife. I will gladly pay immediately through check/PayPal/cc/whatever. Thanks.
Posted Image

#11 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

Yeah I mean it is what it is.. The market demands these prices and its once in a lifetime.. Don't want to pay? Don't go and let someone more willing take your seat.. But no way in hell am I looking back on this in 10 years and saying it was just another outdoor game I watched from my couch

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#12 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

...But no way in hell am I looking back on this in 10 years and saying it was just another outdoor game I watched from my couch

Yeah, QFT. I'll be there.

And BTW, there's a notice in the email explaining that the better sightlines will be from the higher seats, as people here have indicated.

#13 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Wow, $80 for a nosebleed seat!

#14 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Wow, $80 for a nosebleed seat!

I think you're reading it wrong.  The $80 seats are in the lower level, where you probably won't be able to see the puck for much of the game since it's not at a high enough angle for hockey.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#15 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Higher you are, better the view, higher the price.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#16 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,850 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Yeah I mean it is what it is.. The market demands these prices and its once in a lifetime.. Don't want to pay? Don't go and let someone more willing take your seat.. But no way in hell am I looking back on this in 10 years and saying it was just another outdoor game I watched from my couch

I don't think this is "once in a lifetime" anymore

My guess is we'll see quite a few more of these in the next few years

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#17 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

It would shock me if Citi Field or Metlife Stadium didn't get one of these games within the next 5 years

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

light green by gate 6 is where it's at.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#19 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

I think you're reading it wrong.  The $80 seats are in the lower level, where you probably won't be able to see the puck for much of the game since it's not at a high enough angle for hockey.

oh, that's better.  I guess the idea is paying for the atmosphere and not actually watching a hockey game which make absolutely no sense to me.  But, to each their own...  I'll have the same seat I always have. 

#20 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Took the words out of my mouth.

The novelty wore off for me long ago. Don't care about outdoor games at all. They're harder to watch and the quality of play is sub-par due to the ice conditions. It wouldn't affect me at all if another one of these never occurred. I mean, I'll watch this, but I'm sure as sh!t not paying 2-3-4-5X as much as a regular game to see it live when it's likely that my sight-line won't even be as good as they are in the nosebleeds at the Pru Center.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users