115 replies to this topic

#61 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Lol they could make it free I still wouldn't want to sit in that section.

Why's that? I haven't had anything to do with it or even heard much about it since they made it into the Diablos so I'm curious.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 27 August 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#62 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

Pathetic move by the Devils IMHO...love the idea, but enforcing attendance for EVERY game and STANDING every second the puck is in play is ludicrous.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#63 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Why's that? I haven't had anything to do with it or even heard much about it since they made it into the Diablos so I'm curious.

Just not a huge fan of that clique.

#64 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Just not a huge fan of that clique.

Gotcha, when they made you have to have season tickets for the section was when I stopped bothering. I wanted them to open it up to partial and individual tickets because that is the only real way to keep the section growing and keep it so it didn't turn into a clique.

The Devils didn't seem to have any interest in that idea and since I was doing all that stuff on my own free time I stopped caring.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 27 August 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#65 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Pathetic move by the Devils IMHO...love the idea, but enforcing attendance for EVERY game and STANDING every second the puck is in play is ludicrous.

They've been doing the standing part since they started years ago in various different sections. That's what the idea was, that they stayed standing and cheering for the whole game. And it's 43 games for $100, so I could definitely see how some people would jump on it.

Hell, I even considered it for a second to save a couple thousand dollars, until I realized I only go to about 20 or so games a year these days haha

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#66 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

I believe the new owners implemented a similar thing in Philly with the 76ers.  That Section was pretty weak last season (no offense to those that participated), so maybe this will turn it around.  It also can end up being a total $h!t show of drunken morons.  I hope they can bring the energy back to what it was in the 2010-11 season.

Posted Image

#67 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

[quote name='ThreeCups' timestamp='1377634587' post='1208337']

WOW!

http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=91596

I really hate the Tapatalk app.. I type a long response and all it posts is my quote!

I think this is awesome.. The section brings energy to a fairly quiet building.. Players want to play in energized buildings

Don't like the concept? Pay another $900 to sit there quietly and sell you Rangers games to their fans for a huge profit.. Can't see how you can bash the rules when they prevent people from taking advantage of a great deal

Edited by Colin226, 27 August 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#68 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

$100 is dirt cheap, but I don't know how you could truly enjoy the game having to stand the whole time. Then again, I'm not a very tall person so I wouldn't pay $100 without a guarantee that I won't be standing behind a guy that's 6'7".

#69 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

$100 is dirt cheap, but I don't know how you could truly enjoy the game having to stand the whole time. Then again, I'm not a very tall person so I wouldn't pay $100 without a guarantee that I won't be standing behind a guy that's 6'7".

I went to a few of the games when Satan's Hockey first started doing them in 2010 i think. It would just be in random sections that the Devils would put us in. It actually wasn't bad. I had a lot of fun at them, and you just sat between periods and stuff. Of course, I wouldn't want to do it 40 times a year. Four years of football and 15 years of hockey has caught up with my knees haha.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#70 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

I guess no one would buy tickets in the section so they had to come up with some gimmick to fill it up. For the past month I've had a ticket rep calling me trying to get me to buy these seats for something like $1800 give or take a hundred. Could yous imagine if the rangers or flyers had this? We'd rip them up, so it should be no different for us. This is pretty much begging for fans to cheer in your own arena and its pathetic. Just a tacky, silly gimmick by the team that makes them look bad.

#71 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

[quote name="Colin226" post="1208351" timestamp="1377636329"]

[quote name='ThreeCups' timestamp='1377634587' post='1208337']

WOW!

http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=91596

I really hate the Tapatalk app.. I type a long response and all it posts is my quote!

I think this is awesome.. The section brings energy to a fairly quiet building.. Players want to play in energized buildings

Don't like the concept? Pay another $900 to sit there quietly and sell you Rangers games to their fans for a huge profit.. Can't see how you can bash the rules when they prevent people from taking advantage of a great deal[/quote]

Last year that group had on average 15-20 people per game and they weren't nearly as loud as they think they were. Many games I barely noticed them except that sign behind their section.

First year they were pretty decent until the devils decided to lock most of the fans out by forcing them into season tickets and making them into another snobby clique like the crazies.

Sorry but like I said before I'd rather pay to sit somewhere else.

#72 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

As I think the standing thing is pretty awesome for the price at the same time there would be no way I could make every single home game I dont see hoe anyone could enless your unemployed or have absolutely no other life besides going to hockey games.. I mean what happens when you don't show up to a game they revoke your ticket lol?... could be a semi cool concept if they didnt have ridiculous rules. On top of which I wouldnt want to stand uo all game long either thats just pretty ridiculous.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#73 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

It's not that you have to go to every game, it's that someone has to be at every game.  It's not like they'll be checking id to make sure it's you, just whether the seat's empty during the game and whether the ticket gets scanned.

For $100 you can go to half the games and give the rest away to family and friends (just make sure they show up and know they have to stand though).  I do wonder how strict they'll be about it if there's some major-a** snowstorm as seems to happen once a year.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 August 2013 - 07:17 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#74 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yea but what happens if no one can use the tickets?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#75 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

All they can do is check to see if the ticket is scanned, the tickets have no specific seat associated with them...

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#76 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

They've been doing the standing part since they started years ago in various different sections. That's what the idea was, that they stayed standing and cheering for the whole game. And it's 43 games for $100, so I could definitely see how some people would jump on it.

Hell, I even considered it for a second to save a couple thousand dollars, until I realized I only go to about 20 or so games a year these days haha

Yea I don't really get the distaste and critique on us except for one person in the arena. My personal goal, and the goal of the large majority by my side is to stand the whole game and cheer. No other agenda of wanting to be the bestest fan or any of that bs. Every big team i know in europe has fractions that support on their own ways, we discussed it with the organization and they understand that multiple groups are a healthy thing, they don't want to force our style on the whole arena obviously. We are there to do what the cheerleaders or the annoying pa guy can't do and get you to cheer. 

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#77 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

I personally don't have any problem with you guys or your intent. I think the concept is a good one - except for the vuvuzellas which i fing hate. The problem is with the execution, including the sparse turnout of people in that section during games last season. That may be on the team and their prior ticket policies, I don't know. But there is no doubt that participation has declined year to year since it first started. I think this change will have a positive effect in the group and arena atmosphere.
Posted Image

#78 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

double post

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 28 August 2013 - 08:52 AM.

Posted Image

#79 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

I personally don't have any problem with you guys or your intent. I think the concept is a good one - except for the vuvuzellas which i fing hate. The problem is with the execution, including the sparse turnout of people in that section during games last season. That may be on the team and their prior ticket policies, I don't know. But there is no doubt that participation has declined year to year since it first started. I think this change will have a positive effect in the group and arena atmosphere.

Last season we got screwed by the lockout. Devils sold the tickets in our section to anyone and everyone to make sure they had fans in the building so it was all random people who had no intention to cheer or stand. We will be back pretty solid this year from what i can tell on our facebook account. the horn guy is the pace keeper, i can see how it can be annoying but we do get tired cheering for 60 mins, so it's good to have some extra sound so i don't lose my voice every game.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#80 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

anyway, more on topic: 

section 130, row 13 i think. Behind the third base on the left corner of the goalie for me. I picked it so i'm close to the concessions in case we need emergency coffee hehehe.

martyb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users