115 replies to this topic

#101 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

Rangers fans complaining about there only being $279+ price points left and I think their purchase windows only started yesterday. Anyone know how it works on their end??? People I know who had early purchase windows couldn't even access $79s and $119s haha... Are the Rangers being greedy or did they give out all their cheaper tickets to their sponsors or something like that?

The home team probably got the preference since rags have a chance to see two games.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#102 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

The rep I spoke with said that seats were held back so every time slot had a fair chance at most price points.

#103 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

The rep I spoke with said that seats were held back so every time slot had a fair chance at most price points.

That's pretty cool of them. I've liked the Devils' ticketing methods for a couple years now, the team behind it is doing a good job. From what I can tell, each team was left to themselves to decide how to appropriate their respective tickets. Considering all the Rangers fans I see complaining about lack of cheaper availability, I'd say the Devils are doing the fairer (and better) job.

Edited by DJ Eco, 29 August 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#104 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

Section 128 row 18. LGD!
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#105 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:00 AM

Apparently the Rangers did their order by price point not tenure.. Why am I in no way surprised
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#106 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

That's pretty cool of them. I've liked the Devils' ticketing methods for a couple years now, the team behind it is doing a good job. From what I can tell, each team was left to themselves to decide how to appropriate their respective tickets. Considering all the Rangers fans I see complaining about lack of cheaper availability, I'd say the Devils are doing the fairer (and better) job.

I have always thought the Devils did a good job handling ticket sales and were also fair with distribution.

#107 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Anyone else not able to get 2 extra tickets? The devils said I couldn't purchase them cause I sold too many games last year.

I had to sell them cause the lockouts new schedule didn't work with my work schedule and I couldn't go so I sold numerous games for face value and somehow this means I can't buy 2 extras for family now.

What a joke. I am not happy right now.

#108 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

Wow.  That sucks.  I am very surprised that they are looking that in depth into prior ticket practices to determine your ability to buy extra tickets to this game.  I sell a few games per season that I can't go to, but usually on this site.  Had no problem buying my extras for the game.  DId you try speaking to Eric, the head of ticket sales, about this issue?  I've always found him and my ticket reps very responsive and reasonable with my requests.

Posted Image

#109 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm going to try to. The guy I spoke to was very confrontational about the whole thing. I'm very disgusted with the whole situation. I've been a season ticket holder since 02 and let's face the facts here, devils tickets are not a good investment, I have a horrible time trying to get rid of tickets at face value most of the time when I can't go.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 30 August 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#110 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

That is pretty douchey.. I mean honestly what does it matter to them if u re sell your tickets you spend thousands of dollars a year with them buying season tickets and they come off with some sh!t like that.. sh!ts not right
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#111 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

That is pretty douchey.. I mean honestly what does it matter to them if u re sell your tickets you spend thousands of dollars a year with them buying season tickets and they come off with some sh!t like that.. sh!ts not right

They are probably trying to monitor for people who are scalping. I'm sure once he speaks to someone it'll be fine. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#112 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Anything decent left? I haven't purchased mine even though my window has been open.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#113 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Can I buy 2 extra without knowing who is going? I am sure a couple people I know will buy them. Are we allowed to resell them?

#114 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Simple answer: Yes, Yes...

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#115 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

They are probably trying to monitor for people who are scalping. I'm sure once he speaks to someone it'll be fine. 

If it wasn't a Devil-Ranger game I doubt they'd care, but I don't think they want the building 80% full of Ranger fans for a 'home game' either.  They're already getting like half the tickets through the NHL and Yankee STH's and Yankee Stadium is even more convenient for their fans than ours.

I hope he was able to get his tickets though.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 September 2013 - 06:51 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#116 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Picked up 4 in 106.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users