13 replies to this topic

#1 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Should be interesting.  Hopefully more hockey related than Sixers but if I recall the Sixers just hired a head coach...

Stream: http://tunein.com/ra...IP-941-s116135/

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 15 August 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#2 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Host is basically browbeating him saying "you're going to make money with the Sixers and use it to make the Devils better".

#3 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

This host is the worst.
Posted Image

#4 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,406 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

Host is basically browbeating him saying "you're going to make money with the Sixers and use it to make the Devils better".

Typical warped Philly view.  Makes a WHOLE lotta sense there -- take all that monumental revenue generated from a crap basketball team and throw it at your profitable arena and penurious hockey organization.

I'm here for the party

#5 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Ridiculous interview.  I get it.  It's business. Get over it. 

15 straight minutes defending his groups investment in the Devils. Nothing else.  "What about the Sixer??" 

Sixers good .Devils bad,

I'd rather listen to Francesa interview him.  "Ok...so whut impact does dis have on duh Rangizz, ok?"

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 15 August 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Butt-hurt Philly fans are butt-hurt?

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

eh, I think its a tough play for them in that regards,any sense of disloyalty from the owner has the ability to affect tickets sales. These guys seem to konw what they are doing but I would love to see the sixers brought up to NJ =-p

#8 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Now they know how I feel every month when I write Comcast a check

#9 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

15 straight minutes defending his groups investment in the Devils. Nothing else.  "What about the Sixer??" 

Sixers good .Devils bad,

I'd rather listen to Francesa interview him.  "Ok...so whut impact does dis have on duh Rangizz, ok?"

Sixers good .Devils bad,

To be fair, it's a Philadelphia sports show that will ask questions that are of interest to a Philly sports fan.  If the roles were reversed, a Devils fan would feel uneasy about it, and would want a local sports talk personality to grill the owner on the issue, if only to provide reassurances that one operation will not affect the other.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#10 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

You're right in a sense Daniel, but that was the entirety of the 20 minute-ish interview.  It was the hosts asking the same question in different forms trying to illicit a favorable response from O'Neil.  By the end you can even tell O'Neil had more than enough of it.  At least bring different questions to the table if you have the guy for that long.  They sounded uneducated and unprepared. Macnow is nicknamed "The Professor" due to his seemingly endless knowledge of sports but yesterday was not his brightest moment.

#11 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

You're right in a sense Daniel, but that was the entirety of the 20 minute-ish interview. It was the hosts asking the same question in different forms trying to illicit a favorable response from O'Neil. By the end you can even tell O'Neil had more than enough of it. At least bring different questions to the table if you have the guy for that long. They sounded uneducated and unprepared. Macnow is nicknamed "The Professor" due to his seemingly endless knowledge of sports but yesterday was not his brightest moment.

Macnow is bad. While he talks hockey more than other hosts he goes on tirades saying teams in the south shouldn't exist, yet fails to mention successful teams like SJ, Carolina, TB. Nashville, etc. When the preds matched the Weber offer sheet you could feel the butthurt. Although Cuz (cohost Anthony Gargano) didn't talk hockey much at least he isn't a bore

#12 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

Rofl at this interview. Butt-hurt doesn't even begin to describe it, and I love that they're so pissed. Hey Philly- go fvck yourselves. You're our bitch. You've always been our bitch, and you'll continue to be our bitch. Only difference is now you'll be reminded of it every day. Enjoy the taste fvckbags.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#13 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

This interview is probably the most the Sixers have been talked about on WIP since Iverson left Philly.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#14 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

Rofl at this interview. Butt-hurt doesn't even begin to describe it, and I love that they're so pissed. Hey Philly- go fvck yourselves. You're our bitch. You've always been our bitch, and you'll continue to be our bitch. Only difference is now you'll be reminded of it every day. Enjoy the taste fvckbags.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=M4goUqiOL44

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users