• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,864 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

This deserves its own thread... and important discussion of how the new owner see and will run things...

In his first public remarks as one of the co-owners of the Devils, billionaire Joshua Harris made sure he began by mentioning he has some New Jersey roots.

Harris said his excitement over becoming one of the new owners of the team was “borne from returning to Newark, a city where my grandparents called home and a city just 20 minutes away from my father’s alma mater, Caldwell High School.”

Co-owner David Blitzer, a Scott Plains native who is the senior executive director of Blackstone Group in New York, went a step further and proclaimed himself a “Jersey guy.”

“I was born and raised in New Jersey,” Blitzer said. “My parents were born and raised in New Jersey. My grandparents grew up in New Jersey and my parents still live in the same home that I grew up in my entire life.

“So, I know what it means to be from New Jersey. I know that sense of pride that comes with being from New Jersey and supporting your team. And the passion and support of Devils’ fans is what makes this even more exciting.”

- See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.OcbUwURJ.dpuf

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hey Matt - Now that you've heard Scott O'Neil's commitment to sponsors and local businesses, are you going to reach out about a sponsorship? Would be cool to see Unique Photo on the dasher boards this season!

"Get out your cameras folks... It's tiiiiiiiiime for the Unique Photo POWERPLAY!!"

Edited by Colin226, 16 August 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#3 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

"Get our your cameras folks... It's tiiiiiiiiime for the Unique Photo POWERPLAY!!"

That's fantastic. We should probably just call it that regardless.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#4 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

I think there is alot of potential for a new owner with access to capital for both in and around the arena. There has been some huge recent developments so I am happy to see someone that has a background in development as I think he will see what others are doing and want in on the action. I think the on Ice side will remain the same but I think the business side will see a huge upgrade as that is the area that has the largest potential for upgrade.

#5 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

Sponsorship isn't cheap at all. We looked into it. The dashers are really meant for as much national advertising as possible.

Arena noted sponsors "foster energy!" is more local. Still - you're talking tens of thousands for a limited audience.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users