12 replies to this topic

#1 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Now that we've got owners who can afford to pay the light bill, will they bring back Centerplate as the food supplier and ditch the foul cut-rate replacements that have been polluting the arena's concessions?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Can't answer your question, but for some reason your post made me laugh. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Now that we've got owners who can afford to pay the light bill, will they bring back Centerplate as the food supplier and ditch the foul cut-rate replacements that have been polluting the arena's concessions?

Couldn't agree more.  While I wouldn't call Centerplate fine dining, they are far superior to Aramark who currently has the contract with the arena that started last season.

The abominations they call an Italian hot dog in the Tastes of Newark stand should be against the law

#4 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,003 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

I hope we can see a return of good beer too and not the conglomerate crap. An area with Jersey Pride brews or something!

#5 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

I hope we can see a return of good beer too and not the conglomerate crap. An area with Jersey Pride brews or something!

As a craft drinker, it did suck that the only beer I saw that was at least distancing from the conglomerate crap is Hoegaarden, but of course that's just InBev. The problem with the beer is that Inbev (Budweiser) is a huge sponsor of the league so they aren't going to allow the arenas to serve their competitors' beers. I'm sure that's in the sponsorship contract. Would be nice to get some local NJ brews there - NJ Brewing, Flying Fish, Cricket Hill, River Horse...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#6 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

As a craft drinker, it did suck that the only beer I saw that was at least distancing from the conglomerate crap is Hoegaarden, but of course that's just InBev. The problem with the beer is that Inbev (Budweiser) is a huge sponsor of the league so they aren't going to allow the arenas to serve their competitors' beers. I'm sure that's in the sponsorship contract. Would be nice to get some local NJ brews there - NJ Brewing, Flying Fish, Cricket Hill, River Horse...

That is the biggest and single reason why we will never see true craft beer in the arena.

I rarely drink beer in the arena anyways because of the price, but I would love for them to at least upgrade the food because a lot of times I don't have the time to stop by one of the restaurants outside the arena other than picking up a slice on the way and eating it while walking to the arena.

#7 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I would always prefer to have a NJ brew but arena's have beaten me down so much that if you offer me anything other thank Bud, Coors or Miller I feel like I struck gold.

Edited by newarkdev01, 16 August 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#8 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

At least throw us a bone with some Goose Island.

Posted Image

#9 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

At least throw us a bone with some Goose Island.

They had goose island last season. If I ever drink at the arena I have goose island but prefer not to since that too is owned by one of the big boys.

#10 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Cricket Hill has been there for awhile as well I think. I know I've had it there once or twice. Not my favorite local beer, but it's something.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#11 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

They won't be able to get rid of Aramark until their contract expires or Aramark somehow breaches that agreement.  Not sure when that would be.

Personally, I would much rather have Legends Hospitality (they run the Yankees and Cowboys concessions, amongst others) over Centerplate.  They also need to get places like Hobby's back into the arena like when it first opened. 

Hopefully, the new owners seek fan input into our gameday experiences and our suggestions to possibly make it better.

Posted Image

#12 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Wasn't Centerplate having huge financial problems?   I thought that was the reason for the switch.

#13 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

They had goose island last season. If I ever drink at the arena I have goose island but prefer not to since that too is owned by one of the big boys.

Goose is a good brew, I like the christmas one. But the craft geek in me knows they sold out to InBev...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users