4 replies to this topic

#1 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,872 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

In case you missed it, Greg Wyshynski finally got up to the Devils on Puck Daddy's list of NHL United Nations. I thought most of it was good. Outside of Marty and Elias for Canada and the Czech Republic, he made some tough choices among the other notables. Here's the full article for those curious.

I think Madden deserved a mention under Canada due to winning two Cups. He replaced Holik and was instrumental along with Pandolfo and Langenbrunner in '03. Speaking of which, no mention of your former captain either. Even if he left on poor terms, Langer was solid. I might've gone Mogilny over Kovalchuk. I liked Greg's choice of Rafalski over Gomez/Parise. B-Raf didn't leave the same way and formed that dynamic duo with Stevens.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#2 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

i like the article. clearly i liked his choice for sweden although i hope that larsson takes that title. and of course, i agree with janne ojanen.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

No Bobby Carpenter love?

I thought he did a few things as the first us born players.  Completely changed his game at the end to become a shut down player.  Maybe he forgot his overall career

Major oversite if you ask me.

Joe

#4 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'm not sure how Sergei Brylin isn't his choice for Russia. The only forward to win all three cups with the team.

Posted Image

#5 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

I'm not sure how Sergei Brylin isn't his choice for Russia. The only forward to win all three cups with the team.

I thought Fetisov was a shoe-in for the Russian spot, personally.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users