Photo

NJDevs 2013 Fantasy Football draft finished!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
689 replies to this topic

#41 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

I would like to see less emphasis on passing yards... 1Pt per 50 yards would've ideal.

I'm not against this....

here's an idea....let's set Aug 1 as the date to propose rule changes....voting can last all week and it gives plenty of time to make changes and updates as needed

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#42 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

I would like to see passing TDs reduced to 3 pts, another way to bring the QBS back to earth in this league...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#43 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Counting just   yards, tds, intereception and fumbles  (true QB)- I'm fine with rushing qb stats;

The top 10 overall QBs did:

406.08 373.8 373.08 371.36 334.76 229 226.76 301.12 244.72

50 yards for 1pt drops the same top to:

302.54 287.9 276.54 278.18 240.38 165 149.38 203.06

Dropping to 3pt td's:

277.08 256.8 271.08 260.36 238.76 169 169.76 217.12

I'm supportive of really either option;  but I'd prefer 1 for 50; as it makes more nailbiters;  will he or wont he throw the fantasy winning TD; as opposed to needing 150 yards late in a game.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#44 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

I would like to see less emphasis on passing yards... 1Pt per 50 yards would've ideal.

Its a passing league now.  Can't de-emphasis this.

Would love to see more points per 30+ yard completion.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#45 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

The way you de-emphasize it; is by de-emphasizing it.

As long as the rules are known before the draft, I'm open to any changes or non changes :)

Edited by aylbert, 17 June 2013 - 04:34 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#46 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

The way you de-emphasize it; is by de-emphasizing it.

As long as the rules are known before the draft, I'm open to any changes or non changes :)

He means the reality of the NFL now, more then it's fantasy effect....

I'm very much against lowering a passing TD...to me a TD is a TD, and now you over-value the Vicks and Newtons of the world who run in TDs

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,426 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

I'm very much against lowering a passing TD...to me a TD is a TD

Agreed, but the QB point totals are probably too high in general so I'd be inclined to go along with the point per 50 yards suggestion (keeping fractional points so you don't get completely screwed with 49 yards lol).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

Agreed... I'd very much prefer a TD be a TD be a TD... but very much want QBs total lowered more.

I think 1 per 50 (with fractions like we have) works better and keeps everyone happier.

Plus like I mentioned...   I'd much rather have the game come down to a TD pass than praying for some hail marys at the end of a game.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#49 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Regarding QB Scoring, I have two other suggestions:

1) Small bonus for completion percentage.  

In my league, every QB gets +0.1 pts for a completion and -0.1 pts for an incompletion.  While in my league I may play slightly with the numbers to have the break-even point be 55% instead of 50%, I would suggest the same idea to give a small bonus to more accurate QB's, and, in a small way, penalize QB's who just chuck over and over again at thin air.

2) Small Pick-Six penalty

Interceptions suck, but there is nothing more painful to a team than a QB throwing a Pick Six. Nothing huge...-1 pt for each Pick Six is what I suggest.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#50 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

In my cash league we do -3 for a pick six... with the -3 interception;  effectively taking a way a TD from the QB... which I feel is fair.

I like the idea of adding accuracy if we keep it minimal impact...  it looks like it would add 30pts to Rodgers if we kept it .1/-.1;  it would really depend what we are taking away from QBs first.

I would also like to see kickers penalized for missing short yardage....   maybe -2pt for 0-19, and -1pt for 20-29...   30-39 yards I don't think should be penalized...    but it could always be -3, -2, -1

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#51 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

What is it now, 1 Pt for 30 yeards passing?

I like the penalty for a pick 6, I agree, its killer in real games... Just ask us Jet fans!!

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#52 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

What is it now, 1 Pt for 30 yeards passing?

I like the penalty for a pick 6, I agree, its killer in real games... Just ask us Jet fans!!

Right now it's 1 pt per 25

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#53 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Is 1 Pt for 50 yards too drastic a change??

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#54 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Is 1 Pt for 50 yards too drastic a change??

Probably, but I think we all like the easy to digest numbers like 10, 25, 50, etc....plus most QBs get you points with their feet now too (a major reason QB scoring is so elevated now)....maybe that's a step to balance it out too....one point per 20 rushing for QBs since their job SHOULD be to throw the damn ball :P .....but that's what this thread is now....debate before we vote in August

#55 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

A TD should never be less than 6pts

QB 1pt/50 seems like a lotta yards for nothin to me, but it may be interesting to see.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#56 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,426 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

The only reason I'd consider either is its kind of silly for the 15th best QB to be as high a scorer as an elite WR/RB although a TD as less than six points is an absolute last resort IMO. The one point per 50 yards is a bit of a compromise.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#57 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

A TD should never be less than 6pts

QB 1pt/50 seems like a lotta yards for nothin to me, but it may be interesting to see.

And that's the point...   it reduces the points a  QB gets in half for yardage; while keeping TDs at 6...    It scales back QBs a bit so they are sooo dominant in this league.  

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#58 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

I was actually going to come on here and argue the point on running quarterbacks being broken and not all QBs, but I took a second look at the top point scorers on the leaderboard.

21 of 25 of them are QB's, of all different varieties.

From a total fantasy point perspective...in our league, Matt Ryan and Tony Romo had a better season than Adrian Peterson, and Philip Rivers was the 25th best player in fantasy football despite being the 21st-ranked QB.

Based on that and the look at our scoring, I'm going to look at the yardage, but I am for sure behind raising the yardage for passing, though I'm not automatically sold on 50 without giving something back. Also, the 3 pts for 400 yards needs to go up to 450 or 500. I'm not sure how many people hit that, but I'm sure it was more times than originally intended.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#59 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I was actually going to come on here and argue the point on running quarterbacks being broken and not all QBs, but I took a second look at the top point scorers on the leaderboard.

21 of 25 of them are QB's, of all different varieties.

From a total fantasy point perspective...in our league, Matt Ryan and Tony Romo had a better season than Adrian Peterson, and Philip Rivers was the 25th best player in fantasy football despite being the 21st-ranked QB.

Based on that and the look at our scoring, I'm going to look at the yardage, but I am for sure behind raising the yardage for passing, though I'm not automatically sold on 50 without giving something back. Also, the 3 pts for 400 yards needs to go up to 450 or 500. I'm not sure how many people hit that, but I'm sure it was more times than originally intended.

This is baffling, but its a great argument to boost the value of running backs.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#60 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Well if 21 of 25 are QBs, then in essence the universal excellence does dilute the need to have one on your team and puts a premium on getting a top end back and/or WR

and it is a QB league now, this is just the fantasy stats reflecting this.....Brian, does this trend hold in our other two leagues also??

if it does, then it's not the scoring system and just a trend in the NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users