86 replies to this topic

#61 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

how i wish we somehow win the cup without him while he's still in Russia and that he never come back and that if he does that he doesnt win it.

Crosby can win another 2-3 cups i dont even care, but i dont want to ever see Parise or Kovy lifting it.

www.SterioDesign.com

#62 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Kovy? Who's that?

Oh I see, some dude who plays in the KHL... you can't win the Stanley Cup there so his goal is unlikely to be achieved.

Kovy? Who's that?

Oh I see, some dude who plays in the KHL... you can't win the Stanley Cup there so his goal is unlikely to be achieved.

hell yeah. POD. first drubk post and it feels great

#63 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

how i wish we somehow win the cup without him while he's still in Russia and that he never come back and that if he does that he doesnt win it.

Crosby can win another 2-3 cups i dont even care, but i dont want to ever see Parise or Kovy lifting it.

Am I the only chronically optimistic poster here?  There's no precise timeline but Elias will make it happen.

I'm here for the party

#64 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

Not true, or at least what he said was that he was aware of the possibility that Atlanta would relocate. 

If he signed elsewhere he was relocating anyway.

Gambling addiction ain't cheap... (oh wait I just rememebered Jagr's a Devil now whoops... :giggle: ).  Also I think Jagr just wants to play primarily and doesn't care about the cup anymore.  He'll go where the opportunity is to play on the top two lines.  

I don't think I have much insight into Kovy's psychology, and maybe Kovy does love the KHL because he loves being "the man" and having that status and only sees a big contract as a way to keep that status.  But imo money isn't the primary motivator for his decisions.  He turned down a $100 million dollar contract from Atlanta for example.  The reason Kovy took so long to sign in NJ was (imo) because he (and his family) really wanted to go to LA but the money difference was just too astronomical to pass up.  He doesn't seem to me to be a paper chaser, and I see him as being even less of one after making massive money for four years in Russia.

He loves the money.   He's a whore and there's no reason to over rationalize what he does.   He is going to make alot of "value" over there.   Maybe not an equal amount of money, but definitely well surpassing it in perks.

#65 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

Point was he didn't want to re-up with Atlanta, only to at some point having to move to Winnipeg, or wherever else it turned out the Thrashers ended up moving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#66 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

sellers remorse maybe

if he comes back he should be well rested playing less comp and risk.

if this season is spent proving we dont need him than let it be.

Posted Image

#67 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

It would be poetic justice if wee were to win the Stanley Cup while he is in Russia.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#68 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Kovalchuk was presented as a SKA player in St. Petersburg today, and was appointed team captain. He thanked Lamoriello for the opportunity.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#69 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Kovalchuk was presented as a SKA player in St. Petersburg today, and was appointed team captain. He thanked Lamoriello for the opportunity.

What a guy!

#70 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

it's all water under the bridge now that he thanked lou, send him 250K a year for the cap hit, if it's deducted already, might as well go to this great fella.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 29 August 2013 - 11:04 AM.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#71 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hahahahahaha what a dick.

#72 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

He loves the money.   He's a whore and there's no reason to over rationalize what he does.   He is going to make alot of "value" over there.   Maybe not an equal amount of money, but definitely well surpassing it in perks.

He is making $15M/year for 4 years with a 13% tax vs 45% tax against what he was making under contract with the Devils plus whatever the league wanted to withhold. You do the math and after 4 years he can sign again if someone wants him.  Then there are the perks from Russia. 

#73 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think he meant it. He's grateful Lou allowed him to take this opportunity.  Sure it's posturing too, trying to make sure it's not that Lou has merely given him enough rope as the saying goes. :uni:

The league thought Sutter was an a$$hole - I'm not sure anyone will want Kovalchuk back if he wants to come so much. Honestly lou probably is the only person who would give him another chance - if it worked for the team.  To quit the team cleanly isn't quite the same as to quit on the team while taking up valuable roster space, you know?

OK

now enough of this  :evil:  Case closed until he wants back in the league after Schneider proves himself and Larsson and Merrill (et alia really) bring back Devils D!

I'm here for the party

#74 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

So over Kovalchuk.  Hope he has some fun seasons in the KHL and never steps foot on NA ice again.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#75 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

So over Kovalchuk.  Hope he has some fun seasons in the KHL and never steps foot on NA ice again.

I'd be okay with him coming back and getting speared on his first shift.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#76 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'd be okay with him coming back and getting speared on his first shift.

Such hatred. It's all about money and family. The Team is all about money as well. So it goes both ways.

Edited by LucifersDog, 30 August 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#77 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

242.gif

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#78 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

I vote that we send Get Real to Russia where he can apologize for Kovalchuk all season, in Russian, on Russian forums.  That would absolve us of at least two of the bigger fan-related headaches of the last decade.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#79 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

I vote that we send Get Real to Russia where he can apologize for Kovalchuk all season, in Russian, on Russian forums.  That would absolve us of at least two of the bigger fan-related headaches of the last decade.

:thumbsup:

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#80 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'll go if All the expenses are paid and Star Dew comes along as well. Since the internet is worldwide I would be able to post here and in Russia. Risky, you seem to be obsessed with me and Star Dew follows me like a (can't use that word any more).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users