Photo

Henrique re-signed. 6 years, 24 million.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

But wait! I thought he hates New Jersey and was signing one year so he could sign in Toronto as soon as possible?!?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#22 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

So much for Henrique didn't have any leverage. You know who said that.

I am glad he signed now do you job Henrique and Zajac.

Edited by LucifersDog, 26 August 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#23 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

In 4 years the cap will be around 80 million. If Henrique can be a 40-50 point player, it'll be a fair deal. I'm happy Lou bought some ufa years

#24 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

bout time this got done...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#25 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

eh if Vanderbeek was stilll the owner and there were more $ problems, I'd be worried about the $ but with the big cap and owners who are solvent, I'll take the years 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#26 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Remeber all those UFAs that used to hold out and play overseas because Lou wouldn't budge?  WTF?  I hope he turns out to a great player, but wow.

#27 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

I don't think anyone can doubt that those two series clinching goals bumped him another million a year.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#28 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

At first I was a bit surprised by the $4M a year but factoring in it buys out 2 UFA years and the cap should keep going up year by year, I think it's a worthwhile gamble by Lou.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#29 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

I don't think anyone can doubt that those two series clinching goals bumped him another million a year.

I don't think Henrique would sign a contract for 6 years and 18 million dollars, it doesn't make very much sense.  UFA 3rd liners are going to be making an average of $3M per soon.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#30 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

This was obviously the longer term of the two deals offered to Henrique. Wonder what the other one was.....2/$6M, maybe 3/$8M?

#31 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

I like the signing a lot. In a season or two when Henrique has reached his full potential I'm sure he will be worth more than 4 million.

Posted Image

#32 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

very glad to see him signed to a long contract i like henrique alot.. and i think in a couple years as stated abouve when he is really in his prime this could even end up being a little bit of a bargain.. lets just hope he doesnt end up as useless as zajac as been...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#33 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

very glad to see him signed to a long contract i like henrique alot.. and i think in a couple years as stated abouve when he is really in his prime this could even end up being a little bit of a bargain.. lets just hope he doesnt end up as useless as zajac as been...

How can Zajac be "useless" when he hasn't played game one of his new contract extension yet?

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#34 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

This was obviously the longer term of the two deals offered to Henrique. Wonder what the other one was.....2/$6M, maybe 3/$8M?

Lou said it was 2 years or 6 years with no inbetween.  I doubt very much it would be 2/6 - more like 2/4.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#35 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

I put up a post on the signing. It's an interesting gamble. He'll be 29 when the contract ends.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#36 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

How can Zajac be "useless" when he hasn't played game one of his new contract extension yet?

What does having played any games while being on his extension have to do with his performance... there is no argument that travis zajac hadn't done much last season... just so happened to be after he signed that extension. ... he hadnt produced much of anything last season when he was depended on to do so.. he got a big contract extension that doesnt look good for his level of prodcution. Again which is why i said lets hope he doesnt end up being useless as zajac has been for us since hes resigned...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#37 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

What does having played any games while being on his extension have to do with his performance... there is no argument that travis zajac hadn't done much last season... just so happened to be after he signed that extension. ... he hadnt produced much of anything last season when he was depended on to do so.. he got a big contract extension that doesnt look good for his level of prodcution. Again which is why i said lets hope he doesnt end up being useless as zajac has been for us since hes resigned...

I think you're trying to corelate Zajac signing the extension during his existing contract as some type of "quasi-year" of that new extension. Fact is, Zajac had a bad year before the extension kicked in, while if Henrique has a bad year he'll do so under a new contract. The only thing that matters is what Zajac, like Henrique, does from this year forward as they are both on long term deals with 9 million tied between them.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 26 August 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#38 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think you're trying to corelate Zajac signing the extension and his bad year as a "quasi-year" of his new contract. The only thing that matters is what Zajac, like Henrique, does from this year forward as they are both on long term deals with 9 million tied between them.

I'm not trying to correlate* his performance with his extension.. I'm not saying he has been sucky because of the extension.. i simply stated that his performance has not been worth the terms of his new contract, and that hopefully the same thing does not happen to henrique..as I've already stated i think it could end up being a pretty good deal for the team (contract wise) once adam hits his prime.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#39 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

i simply stated that his performance has not been worth the terms of his new contract,

Again, Zajac was not performing under the terms of his new contract extension in 12-13. If we was then i'd agree 100%. He hasn't played a game under his new extension yet, so you can't say he's not worth the terms. You're trying to corelate a bad year under an old contract to an extension that hasn't begun yet.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 26 August 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#40 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Feels a tad expensive right now, but I think it's more then likely that this will look like a good deal in a couple of years.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users