33 replies to this topic

#21 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Can't stand these. The best bet for any uniform is a classic look. As one poster mentioned, the '10 throwbacks that looked a bit like the Miracle jerseys are the ones we should have went with. Also, what is it with national sports teams using dark blue to represent us??? The flag is like royal, I hate the dark blue all our national teams are using.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#22 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Can't stand these. The best bet for any uniform is a classic look. As one poster mentioned, the '10 throwbacks that looked a bit like the Miracle jerseys are the ones we should have went with. Also, what is it with national sports teams using dark blue to represent us??? The flag is like royal, I hate the dark blue all our national teams are using.

Exactly. If there's anything the sports world hates, it's change. Keep it simple, keep it in line with classic designs.

#23 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

All three of the jerseys worn in 2010 were awesome, would have loved to see those back with a tweak or two maybe

#24 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Absolutely ugly. Can't stand them

#25 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

I like the crest.

Hate any jersey that doesn't have stripes along the bottom and somewhere from the elbow down on the sleeves.

#26 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Everything about these jerseys is embarrassing.  No one will buy them.  Nike doesn't understand what hockey fans want. 

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#27 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Everything about these jerseys is embarrassing.  No one will buy them.  Nike doesn't understand what hockey fans want. 

No, they don't. They just keep re-inventing the wheel. As a rectangle, apparently.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#28 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

UUUUuuuugly!  but they'll look great on the T-shirts I'm sure I'll see plastered all over Lake Placid.

I'm here for the party

#29 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

They aren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be. The stars on the shoulders and fake stitch is the worst part. I think people are just piling on.

I agree that the previous two olympic jerseys were far superior, but they aren't abysmal.
Posted Image

#30 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

They aren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be. The stars on the shoulders and fake stitch is the worst part. I think people are just piling on.

I agree that the previous two olympic jerseys were far superior, but they aren't abysmal.

I agree that's the worst part, but that alone makes them awful. It looks like a 6 year old girl's craft project.

#31 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

IMO, the crest is ok, and the blue jersey would be ok if it didn't have the ridiculous stars on the shoulders AND, more importantly, had real laces instead of whatever the hell is on there now.

The white jersey is probably the ugliest sweater since the introduction of the LA Kings' Burger King jersey in the late 90's.  There is very little that can be done to make this POS look any better.  Just horrible, horrible execution by Nike on what should be a very easy jersey to design in my mind.   

I loved getting an email about the on sale date for these jerseys.  Got a good chuckle out of that one.  I hope USA hockey isn't counting on making any significant money from jersey sales this time around.

Posted Image

#32 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

The white jersey is probably the ugliest sweater since the introduction of the LA Kings' Burger King jersey in the late 90's.  There is very little that can be done to make this POS look any better.  Just horrible, horrible execution by Nike on what should be a very easy jersey to design in my mind.

Haha I hate them but it's not THAT bad.  They are much better than the first Nike Swift jerseys they came out with for the 2006 Olympics.  Those were far worse, and these also aren't as bad as most of the Reebok Edge jerseys.

They still suck though.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#33 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

No, they don't. They just keep re-inventing the wheel. As a rectangle, apparently.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#34 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

Ugly.

Looks like a Rangers sign with a nutsack.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users