26 replies to this topic

#21 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Not buying NFC is better nonsense. SF/SEA vs DEN/NE/HOU. Every other team in each conference has their flaws.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#22 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,980 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Hey Crash, where's the NFC? You're already on a tight deadline with the Thursday night opener, which (I hope) means your Week 1 preview is due Wednesday/early Thursday, right? :P

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#23 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,980 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

Not buying NFC is better nonsense. SF/SEA vs DEN/NE/HOU. Every other team in each conference has their flaws.

If you're going to include Houston and New England on the AFC side, you have to include their NFC counterparts: Atlanta (similar to HOU with being regular season world beaters to playoff floppers) and Green Bay (similar to NE with having a potentially-explosive offense but suspect defense). Otherwise, it's probably just San Francisco, Seattle, and Denver as far as the "elite-elite" group.

As for the difference in conferences, look at the bottom tier of the AFC: teams like Oakland, Jacksonville, the Jets, Tennessee, Buffalo, San Diego. Do any of these teams win more than 6 games? Oakland in particular looks primed for a disastrous 3-win (or dare I say worse) type of season. How many NFC teams don't have a shot at .500? Arizona because of their schedule, probably one of the NFC East teams (likely Philly since their defense can't stop anything), *maybe* Carolina because of their division? 

Edited by nmigliore, 02 September 2013 - 08:45 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hey Crash, where's the NFC? You're already on a tight deadline with the Thursday night opener, which (I hope) means your Week 1 preview is due Wednesday/early Thursday, right? :P

I've got the NFC North to finish and then the NFC....it's moving along....all my hockey playing hinders my sit down and type time :lol:

As for the AFC/NFC thing....you can make a case for 3 of the 4 teams in each NFC Division making the playoffs....this is NOT the case in the AFC.....

I'm aiming for a Thursday release of the Week 1 preview....damn I HATE Thursday NFL games :P

Edited by CRASHER, 02 September 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#25 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Sadly, my own assessment of the Ravens was evidenced in last nights thrashing.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Sadly, my own assessment of the Ravens was evidenced in last nights thrashing.

Because a bad week one game is the exact same way all 16 games will go all season.....slow down....we've all seen this crap before.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Because a bad week one game is the exact same way all 16 games will go all season.....slow down....we've all seen this crap before.....

When we had the depth and a strong core, yes. But we are pretty much in a rebuilding year. Our D needs at least 10 games to develop chemistry. Our offense, is pretty much neutered. You can stuff our running game and crush us on third and long, without the threat of having a clutch WR. Torrey Smith can't do everything.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users