570 replies to this topic

#561 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

You can follow Quenneville on Twitter @jaquinder88. He tweeted earlier that his grandfather passed. At least he got to see him get drafted.

#562 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

After digesting the draft, I'm disappointed in our draft choices after Quenville.  What happened to BPA? And most all the choices were a "specific (pigion holed"). They new these (prospects) abilities and targeted them specifically for that. Connor Chatham might sniff 4th line duties. Maybe Jacobs has a shot at making the nhl. I so hope I'm dead wrong about this. It seems instead of a goal scorer,  they were looking for a Dwight King type. Hopefully they got him. The Devils drafted for "grit' for the most part. I love my devils, but I no longer have faith in scouting staff.

Let's go Devils!

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#563 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

I thought there was a thread for prospects camp by Fiesty.   Anyway, not sure who else is coming besides the 3 mentioned earlier.

#564 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

I see Nolan is attending Jet's camp (via twitter) I guess he won't be here after all

#565 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

After digesting the draft, I'm disappointed in our draft choices after Quenville.  What happened to BPA? And most all the choices were a "specific (pigion holed"). They new these (prospects) abilities and targeted them specifically for that. Connor Chatham might sniff 4th line duties. Maybe Jacobs has a shot at making the nhl. I so hope I'm dead wrong about this. It seems instead of a goal scorer,  they were looking for a Dwight King type. Hopefully they got him. The Devils drafted for "grit' for the most part. I love my devils, but I no longer have faith in scouting staff.

Let's go Devils!

Lou claimed that Jacobs was really high on their draft board, enough so that they felt they couldn't pass him up based on what they thought of the next forward available. Some draft guru types gave Jacobs a first round rating, and really liked the pick. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#566 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

A lil off topic but, anyone else think the draft pic (HF),  C. Bleakley looks like Jonah Hill and has double chin at 18 yrs. old?

#567 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Seems like much of the disappointment with the Devils draft last month, both here and on other Devils forums, has dissipated after the free agent moves and re-signings. Some of the anti management, anti coach sentiment after last season has subsided quite a lot in just over a months time.

Edited by Unthinkable, 04 August 2014 - 08:21 PM.

"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#568 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

All things considered, I think Lou had a very good offseason. Signing Schneider and Greene and getting Cammalleri helps a lot

#569 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

Seems like much of the disappointment with the Devils draft last month, both here and on other Devils forums, has dissipated after the free agent moves and re-signings. Some of the anti management, anti coach sentiment after last season has subsided quite a lot in just over a months time.

Just wait until PDB sits Larsson again, it'll be back  :thumbsup:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#570 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

Just wait until PDB sits Larsson again, it'll be back :thumbsup:

If he sits Larsson for Harrold before game 10 my head will explode. After that, so long as he does something to deserve being scratched, I'll be ok.

#571 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Wasn't aware extraskater.com had a CHL page...found some interesting stuff on John Quenneville

For draft eligible CHL players, Quenneville was:

25th in goals

25th in points

Points/60- 26th

Brandon scored 51% of the goals when Quenneville was on the ice, which translated to +2.5 in relative GF%

Quenneville only played 27.8% of Brandon's PP so if he gets around 50%, he should really breakout next year

Feel a little better after looking into this stuff

Edited by SMantzas, 13 August 2014 - 04:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users