The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Brendan Lemieux on being drafted:

he was asked:

What about the Devils, who own the No. 30 pick in the first round?

"I'd love to play anywhere my dad played, but New Jersey is special," Brendan said. "He won an MVP [Conn Smythe Trophy] there and two Cups."

#162 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

he was asked:

"I'd love to play anywhere my dad played, but New Jersey is special," Brendan said. "He won an MVP [Conn Smythe Trophy] there and two Cups."

he was asked:

I want em.  Want em bad.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#163 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

When is he predicted to go?

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#164 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

When is he predicted to go?

Late first round/early second.  Some mocks have Colorado selecting him.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#165 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

I had him going 33rd to St. Louis in my latest mock

25smul5.png

#166 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

I want em. Want em bad.

Me too. We don't have much in the way of gritty guys that can chip in offensively outside of Clowe or that's a true pest like Clarkson sometimes was. I think he'd be a good pick for us. Hopefully nostalgia isn't blinding me, but I'm sure it isn't blinding the scouts and Conte who are very disciplined on taking the bpa.

#167 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,735 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Late first round/early second.  Some mocks have Colorado selecting him.

No disrespect to Brandon, but an NHL mock draft is merely an interesting exercise past around #15.  Once you get past the guys that everyone values about the same, values change wildly - there's always guys picked early who are ranked low-ish by CSB and people ranked high who get picked low.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#168 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

No disrespect to Brandon, but an NHL mock draft is merely an interesting exercise past around #15. Once you get past the guys that everyone values about the same, values change wildly - there's always guys picked early who are ranked low-ish by CSB and people ranked high who get picked low.

The guy asked where Lemieux was predicted to go. I said mocks (that aren't coming from musings on HF Boards) had him as a late first early second. No one said there's any science to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#169 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

I'd love the story of getting a guy like Lemieux with the pedigree he has. If he can be productive and be the little sh!t like this his dad was, I'd love to think 4 years from now of having Matteau and Lemieux running around out there.

#170 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

I'd love the story of getting a guy like Lemieux with the pedigree he has. If he can be productive and be the little sh!t like this his dad was, I'd love to think 4 years from now of having Matteau and Lemieux running around out there.

Then imagine if Ben Thomson actually turns into something more than just a goon, and plays on line with Matteau and Lemieux.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel, 17 June 2014 - 08:38 AM.

Posted Image

#171 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

I don't know much about Lemieux, but he seems like a similar player to Matteau, no? Not that that's a bad thing late in the draft.

#172 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

I just read part of the story about the Blues not participating in the 1983 draft, which was, shall we say a little bit better than the 1996 one.  Fascinating story.

http://www.stlouisga...blues-the-story

Posted Image

#173 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

I just read part of the story about the Blues not participating in the 1983 draft, which was, shall we say a little bit better than the 1996 one.  Fascinating story.

http://www.stlouisga...blues-the-story

Interesting and imagine if they did fold or relocate.  I think Ramage demanded to be traded to St. Louis because he didn't want to play in NJ when the Rockies moved to NJ.  If the sale to Ornest didn't happen then he would have ended up in Saskatoon, which I doubt at the time was seen as a better location than even NJ.

#174 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

Bob McKenzie's Top 30 is on TSN right now, found a stream of it online, so far he has Ekblad #1, Reinhart #2, Bennett #3

EDIT:

1. Aaron Ekblad, D

2. Sam Reinhart, C

3. Sam Bennett, C

4. Leon Draisaitl, LW

5. Michel Dal Colle, LW

6. Nick Ritchie, LW

7. Jake Virtanen, RW

8. Haydyn Fleury, D

9. William Nylander, C/RW

10. Nikolaj Ehlers, LW

Edited by Brandon, 23 June 2014 - 06:43 PM.

25smul5.png

#175 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Bob McKenzie's full Top 60 right here: http://www.tsn.ca/dr...ature/?id=95289

Interesting to me some of the players he has ranked lower (Goldobin at 37, Kamenev at 43, Point at 58), gives me hope that we may get even two guys that I actually really like.

25smul5.png

#176 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Bob McKenzie's full Top 60 right here: http://www.tsn.ca/dr...ature/?id=95289

Interesting to me some of the players he has ranked lower (Goldobin at 37, Kamenev at 43, Point at 58), gives me hope that we may get even two guys that I actually really like.

I like the description for Brendan Lemieux, and he's ranked at 33, could be a Devil ?

"Brendan intitates and makes life most uncomfortable for those opponents who get in the way of where he wants to go. Powerful player who is productive at critical times and just won't allow himself to be denied"

Edited by The 29th Pick, 23 June 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#177 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

I would be happy to select Point at 30 but I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on hoping he slides to 41 due to his size. I would be thrilled if the Devils landed 2 of Point, Bleackley, Schmaltz, Goldobin, or Ho-Sang with their first 2 picks. I'd even throw Lemieux into that mix.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#178 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

I know everyone wants a forward but I'm intrigued by the tall Swedish defenseman Marcus Petterson. He sounds like he just needs a few summers locked in a weight room to become a good 2nd pairing defenseman. According to the hockey news, he played this year at 6'-3" 161 lbs.

#179 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

I know everyone wants a forward but I'm intrigued by the tall Swedish defenseman Marcus Petterson. He sounds like he just needs a few summers locked in a weight room to become a good 2nd pairing defenseman. According to the hockey news, he played this year at 6'-3" 161 lbs.

We already have a Swedish Great White Hope

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#180 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

I like the description for Brendan Lemieux, and he's ranked at 33, could be a Devil ?

"Brendan intitates and makes life most uncomfortable for those opponents who get in the way of where he wants to go. Powerful player who is productive at critical times and just won't allow himself to be denied"

It sounds like his old man taught him well. That description fit Pep to a T.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users