64 replies to this topic

#21 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Maybe some people think there is actually something wrong with it?   Should they be silenced?

If you posted this because you think it's an interesting hockey story (personally I would rather the NHL worls forget Avery exists, he is a stain on the game) then fine.

But now you are indicating that you posted it because you disapprove of someone lifestyle so yes, opinions on gay marriage have no business in the hockey section of this forum. If you consider that "silencing" then oh well, that's your fault for using such a blanket term.

#22 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

EDIT: Never mind.

Edited by Joonas #6, 06 September 2013 - 05:07 AM.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#23 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Excellent title to this thread. I also guessed what it was about before I opened it and I had NO idea of the "news" or who the fvck the Bravo dude is. Never heard of him.

Shame on the people with the childish comments, especially 'thats gross'. Good for him coming out, absolutely nothing wrong with that, even though he is an ass.

I feel no shame in thinking two dudes gettin down is gross. It is a fact I find it gross. Not something I want to see or get an image of. Same goes for straight relationships that are gross, like what Tom Arnold musta had to endure with Rosanne Barr. +cringe+ NOT a pretty picture!  :puke:

... My hate for him stems from being such a douche that he can make Messier look like a good dude. Get bent. Sean...oh wait

Well put. And nice finish.   :clap2:

Maybe some people think there is actually something wrong with it?   Should they be silenced?

slow  :clap2:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#24 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Would be quite interesting to discuss this with you, but not in the hockey forum.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#25 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

I feel no shame in thinking two dudes gettin down is gross. It is a fact I find it gross. Not something I want to see or get an image of. Same goes for straight relationships that are gross, like what Tom Arnold musta had to endure with Rosanne Barr. +cringe+ NOT a pretty picture!  :puke:

hahahaha

#26 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Y'all are late though, I've known it since this tweet in March:

https://twitter.com/...171272814362625

In my opinion, good for them. I got my good feeling when he "retired" from hockey. Otherwise, genuinely happy that he's able to move forward in his life and maybe not be such a prick, since he's no longer hiding in the closet...

Although it makes you wonder how many of the rumors of him being a "cancer in the locker room" are true, or maybe word just made its way around through the old school conservative Canadian players in the league that he was gay. Let's not forget, a lot of these players come from rural small-town North America, or worse, Eastern Europe/Russia where things are worse. Also, right after Avery leaves the league, the You Can Play program skyrocketed in popularity and funding. Just saying, it makes you think....

Edited by DJ Eco, 06 September 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#27 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

lol no way dude... that guy will always be nothing but a douche... just a douche
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#28 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

He's an arrogant douche DJ, I don't think his sexual preference had much bearing on his well-deserved reputation as a locker room cancer.  

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#29 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

He's an arrogant douche DJ, I don't think his sexual preference had much bearing on his well-deserved reputation as a locker room cancer.  

Hopefully this thread gets moved to the Political forum, but I disagree with that 100%. What happens if he was closeted, and all of the players were homophobic or "casual homophobic" as the term they are using for locker room jock talk where you say "stop being such a f*g" or "fvck he's gay". If he heard that all the time, he probably felt he didn't need to join in and fake being 1 of the guys (like many do), but actually resented his teammates and didn't want to spend any time with them. We know he got it on the ice from his opponents, but it was probably harder inside a locker room dealing with it (again this is he is actually gay).

Avery gets such a bad rap. He was by no means a "locker room cancer". He just wasn't one of the guys and a bit of a loner. Maybe he had some anger issues dealing with a ton of problems, but his time in Dallas is the most overrated crap ever.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Re:  Sean Avery the player, clearly he could be an annoying douche on the ice (which was his job)...what makes that even worse from a Devils' fan standpoint is that his crap actually used to work at times.  He DID have a way of getting under the Devils' skin, which was more aggravating than Avery himself. 

About his and anyone else's sexuality, I couldn't care less.  There's straight people, bisexual people and gay people.  Always has been, always will be, and the latter two are never going away.  Not sure why anyone would feel the need to judge someone else's lifestyle/preference/whatever you want to call it as "wrong".   

Obviously, there's still a long way to go, in terms of people simply not getting caught up in other people's sexuality, but at least now there's some degree of acceptance/tolerance going.  Would much rather see gay people being able to live their lives as openly as possible, as opposed to not being true to themselves and faking it by marrying someone of the opposite sex just to appease those around them, or simply feeling that they can't or shouldn't ever act on their true preference. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 06 September 2013 - 09:09 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#31 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Re:  Sean Avery the player, clearly he could be an annoying douche on the ice (which was his job)...what makes that even worse from a Devils' fan standpoint is that his crap actually used to work at times.  He DID have a way of getting under the Devils' skin, which was more aggravating than Avery himself.

It ABSOLUTELY worked. The Avery years at the New York Rangers were years of embarrassing dominance over the Devils. He got the worst out of all our players and we'd lose. It was embarrassing..

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

It ABSOLUTELY worked. The Avery years at the New York Rangers were years of embarrassing dominance over the Devils. He got the worst out of all our players and we'd lose. It was embarrassing..

And Clarktard took the bait EVERY time.

Reason # 3245 I will not miss him now that he is in Toronto.

#33 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

the only reason it's not a big so what -- my dislike of Avery leads me to interpret his being gay (if he is) as the penultimate in narcissism not in any actual sexual preference.  I also dislike dishonesty and his mock coyness is just more of the same from him - it's weak so morally weak, you know?  His inflated opinion of himself and complete lack of modesty, is such an unappealing quality and runs contrary to the "all in fun" take he's promoting on this.

but I do like his support of the LGBT community, whether he's gay or not. If this leads him to focus his assiness towards bigots I'm cool with that - they deserve each other. :evil:

but it still is kind of a big so what  :devil:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 06 September 2013 - 11:16 AM.

I'm here for the party

#34 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

no really?  THIS and the what's your favorite movie are the only new threads? 

:argh:  

I'm here for the party

#35 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,865 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Gay, straight, doesn't matter to me- I still hate that motherfvcker.

Edited by MadDog2020, 06 September 2013 - 11:41 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#36 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Makes me feel bad for my gay friends; they didn't need this!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#37 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Gay, straight, doesn't matter to me- I still hate that motherfvcker.

Can always count on MadDog to come in and hit the nail on the head  :lol:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#38 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......not that there is anything wrong with it.

http://sports.yahoo....00436--nhl.html

I get the Seinfeld reference, but if there truly is nothing wrong with it, why are you laughing your head off?

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#39 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

This, but he hasn't come out. I think they were just having fun with the tabloids. No statement was made. 

Why should anyone have to "come out"?  Why can't people just live their lives without having to make a big old production out of it?

If you hate Sean Avery, why does him possibly being gay make it laugh worthy or "perfect". 

Eggs-actly.

Edited by RowdyFan42, 06 September 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#40 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Just because someone says eww or gross doesnt mean theyre being childish, theyre just physically sick by picturing sean avery and andy cohen going at it. As any normal straight person would be in my mind.

Actually, that couldn't be any MORE childish.  If the first -- or only -- thing you think of when the topic of gay men comes up is "two dudes going at it", THAT is childish.  Get your mind out of the damn gutter.  Do you automatically think of sex when somebody mentions lesbians or even straight couples?  And even if you don't think that said reaction is childish, it definitely IS childish to then announce that reaction to the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users