61 replies to this topic

#21 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

No Boldin, no playoffs in Baltimore this year.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#22 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

It ain't just the league that wants huge numbers, it's the casual fan, fans under 30, and even to a degree fantasy football players...all of whom are the reason the NFL can print its own currency.

I disagree on the fantasy impact....everyone having inflated and absurd stats only lessens the need to have elite players at those positions....and the NFL is a God in this country anyway....and its because of

G A M B L I N G....the rest is just bonus

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#23 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

regardless of the OP, i will be cheering my Chargers on for a win Monday night! (Tuesday my time, after i get home from work!)

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Amendola injured ALREADY...if you had the over on thirty minutes you lost :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

The Steeler fans having a mass coronary in this bar over this Titans game may be one of the greatest things I've ever seen with my own two eyes :)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

I thought Ben would destroy them to be honest (though I forgot Gregg Williams actually went back to Tennessee), but a little hard to do that when you have literally no offensive line left - losing Pouncey early was the last straw - and FCS running backs.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 08 September 2013 - 02:32 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#27 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,010 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Truly amazing how the Panthers continue find ways to lose every close game. Brought back Ron Rivera, and he continues to show he has no clue how to manage a game. Conservative as hell punting on every 4th down and short even though you have a QB who has never been stopped on a design short run before the 1st down line in his career.

And of course Williams fumbles it on the 5-yard line with 5 minutes to go. Panthers never get the ball back again. New season and same old losses. I have never seen anything like this. And of course Cam gets sh!t on about his record when he played a perfect game. His RB fumbles the ball, and he never gets the ball back again. Cam we'll be to blame. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#28 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

WOW what a stupid penalty by David. Just cost the Bucs the game. Hahaha.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#29 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

God, if ANY team and any fanbase needed a win this week it was us.  We lucked out yeah but damnit we deserved a break with all of Tampa's stupid-ass penalties in the game.  Schiano's headhunting came back to bite them in the rear on that last play.

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

WOW what a stupid penalty by David. Just cost the Bucs the game. Hahaha.

Seriously though.....this guy is running step for step with the guy full speed and looking UP to make sure he lines up the guy....he PUSHES HIM....not like he chops at his knees.....how in THE HELL is this guy supposed to know his toenail is out of bounds??? Its over-protective calls like THAT which really piss me off about this league.....regardless of the team involved......

that aside it couldn't happen to a better more worthy and douchier coach on the other side :)

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

And not for nothing but HUGE clutch kick from Folk, who for reasons known only to them the Jets were trying to replace all summer.

#32 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Amendola injured ALREADY...if you had the over on thirty minutes you lost :P

He came back into the game and finished with a Welker-like 10 catches for 104 yards.  But everytime some so much as grazes him, I'm a nervous wreck.  Hard to have much faith in him staying healthy. 

Brady really had to overcome a lot today...his final stat line won't look impressive, but he really did a hell of a job...his receivers were killing him.  Vereen had a hell of a game too.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

He came back into the game and finished with a Welker-like 10 catches for 104 yards.  But everytime some so much as grazes him, I'm a nervous wreck.  Hard to have much faith in him staying healthy. 

Brady really had to overcome a lot today...his final stat line won't look impressive, but he really did a hell of a job...his receivers were killing him.  Vereen had a hell of a game too.

After I saw that I ran to pick up Edelman in the NJDevs fantasy league because I have Amendola too lol, and can't really afford to lose a receiver since I'm more or less playing three (two starters, one Flex).  I was amazed he came back really, I thought he was done for like a month considering it was the same super-secret injury he had all of camp.

Guess Ridley got benched after that fumble too?  Him and Roddy White kinda screwed me over in my other league :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 08 September 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Every time Boldin makes a reception Manta kills a kitten :lol:

#35 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Even a cat that had 9 lives would be done for.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#36 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Cortland Finnegan isn't having a fun game vs Arizona; two silly late hit penalties and he just got burned by Fitzgerald for a TD.

Boldin has been money for SF.

Edited by nmigliore, 08 September 2013 - 05:39 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Wait until I start him on my fantasy team. Manta will be happy then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#38 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

After I saw that I ran to pick up Edelman in the NJDevs fantasy league because I have Amendola too lol, and can't really afford to lose a receiver since I'm more or less playing three (two starters, one Flex).  I was amazed he came back really, I thought he was done for like a month considering it was the same super-secret injury he had all of camp.

Guess Ridley got benched after that fumble too?  Him and Roddy White kinda screwed me over in my other league :P

Yeah, think that was it for Ridley.  Vereen had a terrific game.  Pats looked very out-of-sync...win was about as ugly as it gets.  Brady was clearly getting ticked at his receivers not being where they were supposed to be.  Hoping future practices will help them get more comfortable with each other.

Buffalo could've won the game...they killed themselves with some bad penalties throughout, and suspect play-calling late in the game. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#39 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Fitting Boldin makes the huge 4th down catch to sink Green Bay. What a game he had.

Edited by nmigliore, 08 September 2013 - 06:42 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#40 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Sorry I am late to the party. Stinking ASPCA.
Big feline body count today. As I told Crasher earlier, my lacrimal ducts are worn out, watching Q in Red jersey.

Daniel, I will consider forfeiting if you start 81 against me.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users