61 replies to this topic

#41 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

By the way, the Steelers = plop. I know they're trotting out 2nd and 3rd stringers at RB but their only score was a freakin' safety for like 99% of the game against what should be one of the worst teams in football. They're better than this, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they finished dead last in their division (the Browns making Weeden throw 50+ times may screw that up, though).

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#42 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

By the way, the Steelers = plop. I know they're trotting out 2nd and 3rd stringers at RB but their only score was a freakin' safety for like 99% of the game against what should be one of the worst teams in football. They're better than this, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they finished dead last in their division (the Browns making Weeden throw 50+ times may screw that up, though).

No they're NOT....my 6-10 pick on them looks awful generous now....God it was FANTASTIC to see all the entitled Steeler fans in bar HUMBLED in week one!!!!!

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#43 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

agreed

Call me crazy, but imho the reason Cowher hasn't taken any jobs is he's laying in the weeds waiting for Pittsburgh to fire Tomlin. Cowher slides back in.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#44 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

And not for nothing but HUGE clutch kick from Folk, who for reasons known only to them the Jets were trying to replace all summer.

I remember seeing a stat that he's only 60% in the cold weather as a kicker.

Folk is weird, he hasn't let us down yet but I'm always waiting for that other shoe to drop.

I just think they don't want him to get complacent. But there's no chance guys like Carpenter or a joke like Cundiff will ever beat him out

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#45 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

CRASHER was 100000% right about the Cowboy defense lol...so far they got him 19 fantasy points in the NJDevs league and STILL are dying in the fourth quarter :lol:

I have Peyton AND Victor Cruz on my other fantasy team and may STILL lose like 210-200...but at least Cruz is single-handedly giving me a chance tomorrow after Ridley and Roddy White dissapeared on me :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Well the Cowboys tried to blow it, but the Giant RB's are the gift that keeps on giving :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#47 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

lol at the Giants almost getting the onside kick. That would've been fun. 

That game was way too close for a team who turned over the ball as much as the Giants did...

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#48 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Cruz contract killing the Gmen. Couldn't afford to build the line - run game and pass protection were awful. Not to mention the lack of a backup tailback or even starting quality one. 

Yes, Cruz has nice numbers especially tonight. But you can't afford to invest so much in a slot guy. Nicks and Randle did the heavy lifting. The Cruz contract is a mirage. 

#49 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

lol at the Giants almost getting the onside kick. That would've been fun. 

That game was way too close for a team who turned over the ball as much as the Giants did...

You could see and feel that Dumbo was HURTING out there and he wasn't getting good oompf on his throws and the running game wasn't giving him much either....but that's what happens, and that's how you finally get over the hump for a team that's owned you and ruined you the last few years.....win and WIN UGLY.....take a deep breath and get going for next week!!!

The defense took a hit once Mo Clayborne was out, but stiil....they carried the load tonight (sounds weird considering the score....)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#50 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Cruz contract killing the Gmen. Couldn't afford to build the line - run game and pass protection were awful. Not to mention the lack of a backup tailback or even starting quality one.

Yes, Cruz has nice numbers especially tonight. But you can't afford to invest so much in a slot guy. Nicks and Randle did the heavy lifting. The Cruz contract is a mirage.

Have to disagree here, slot or not Cruz can make a big play at anytime. Defense has to be aware which leaves space for Nicks and Randle to do some damage. Most teams would live to have this "problem".
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#51 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

Have to disagree here, slot or not Cruz can make a big play at anytime. Defense has to be aware which leaves space for Nicks and Randle to do some damage. Most teams would live to have this "problem".

The problem there is the Giants are bad on both lines, and the rest of their D is weak and the running game offers ZERO balance..... Jesus sounds like most of the Garrett Cowboy teams .... :ninja:

Here a little levity for your morning :)

http://profootballmo...and-theyre-off/

#52 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

You could throw anyone in the slot in the NYG offense with Eli and they would put up respectable numbers. Not as big as Cruz, but I don't think his contract allows to build an offensive line to foster a run game or offer any protection. Remember Steve Smith? Whoever the slot guy is will put up great numbers in this offense. Eli is the engine and he just needs receivers to do their jobs. Again, Cruz has great talents and could put up monster numbers, but I don't think a league average slot guy would hinder the offense. 

Think of it as your stance towards Kovalchuk - I don't hate the player, I hate the contract.

#53 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Cruz signed his contract like two months ago, well after FA and the draft so it hasn't exactly impacted this year's roster.

#54 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

No they're NOT....my 6-10 pick on them looks awful generous now....God it was FANTASTIC to see all the entitled Steeler fans in bar HUMBLED in week one!!!!!

They also lost Pouncey and Foote to season-ending injuries. Yikes. You don't want to jump to so many conclusions after one game, but this team already looked pretty meh entering the year; add in this ugly offensive showing against a defense that gave up the most points and 6th most yards last season, and these injuries, and things are looking pretty gloomy in Pittsburgh right now. 

Speaking of the Giants and fumbles, they are working out Joe McKnight, lol. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#55 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

First game and all, but Washington and RGIII look awful. I mean, just imagine if the Redskins are awful this year, and St. Louis ends up with a top ten pick. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#56 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

I think reports of the Eagles' suckitude were greatly exaggerated though.

Of course McCoy goes off the year before and after I draft him in fantasy, but at least I finally have DeSean Jackson :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 September 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#57 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Love the warp speed attack of the Eagles. We'll see how defenses adjust but there's too much talent for that team to win less than 6 games.

Pretty wild finish in San Diego; Chargers pretty much dominated for 2.5 quarters and then blew a 21 point lead with about 20 minutes left to play. New coach, same Chargers. 

Edited by nmigliore, 10 September 2013 - 12:47 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#58 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

NFL Season is over for me.

Another year of lies and deceit.

EJ Losman looked like I figured, defense is a sieve.

Bring on the Knicks,

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#59 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

NFL Season is over for me.

Another year of lies and deceit.

EJ Losman looked like I figured, defense is a sieve.

Bring on the Knicks,

What are you talking about?  Bills took a lead in that game and it took NE kicking a field goal as time wound down for the Pats to win.  EJ Losman threw for two scores and played well for a 23-year-old playing in his very first NFL game.  If I was a Bills' fan, there's definitely positives to be taken out of that game.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#60 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

What are you talking about?  Bills took a lead in that game and it took NE kicking a field goal as time wound down for the Pats to win.  EJ Losman threw for two scores and played well for a 23-year-old playing in his very first NFL game.  If I was a Bills' fan, there's definitely positives to be taken out of that game.

He's the football equivalent of the battered wife....he's been beaten so much and so savagely over the years, that you even twitch your arm near him and he curls up in the fetal position for the rest of the season :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users