#41 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Bad week not to get Josh Gordan in my lineup
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#42 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Glad i chose the bears as my 2nd "D", have not even used SF yet...

once bye weeks start I'm in big trouble, no back RBs, no back up TE and my wrs only play well when they are benched!!

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#43 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

My RBs need to step it up (all three are busts so far; DMartin, TRichardson (but he looked good), RMathews)...      
I need a monster day from Manning/Decker and have Manning throw to no one else for yardage/scores... Ha!

I'm down 35; with Manning and Decker (35pts) vs JThomas and Moreno (19pts)....      so really I need Manning/Decker to really out perform.

Next week, hopefully I get Gronk and can just dump Celek.  He got me a random TD in week 1, but hasn't done anything since (neither have the birds).

In my cash league, I'm up 35pts (strangely), with Run DMC (14pts)   vs  Welker/DThomas (30pts).   My team has steamrolled the past three weeks...  but riding on injury prone players. (Matt Ryan |Jackson-JJones| Rice-DMurray-RunDMC| Finley

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Glad i chose the bears as my 2nd "D", have not even used SF yet...

once bye weeks start I'm in big trouble, no back RBs, no back up TE and my wrs only play well when they are benched!!

You picking the Bears probably annoyed me as much as any fantasy pick ever, mostly cause I assumed you weren't going D after OCD'ing on the Niners three rounds earlier and still needing RB's.

I figured there was a risk letting them go another pick cause Masked didn't have a D but I wanted/needed Moreno and took what I thought was a 50/50 gamble on the Bears getting back to me. If Masked had taken them I would have shrugged and moved on, the fact you were the one to take them set me off lol.

For the most part my draft's worked out okay so far in spite of being ninjaed multiple times, but of course my high receiver picks never work out. It always seems to be my third WR that winds up being the best (Wayne last year, D-Jax this year).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 September 2013 - 10:50 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

My team has surprisingly been solid, but I have 0 depth whatsoever, and I imagine will be destroyed once the bye weeks begin (next week!). A lot of brutal picks on my part.

Edited by devilsrule33, 23 September 2013 - 10:25 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#46 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

No one has depth really, but that's the beauty of a league like this where you can find legit production somewhere on the waiver wire in most cases if you get hosed.

My team could be the biggest fraud 3-0 team I've ever been a part of.  Jordan Cameron's offensive explosion carried my guys through this week.  Colin Kaep needs to turn it around STAT~!

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#47 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

You picking the Bears probably annoyed me as much as any fantasy pick ever, mostly cause I assumed you weren't going D after OCD'ing on the Niners three rounds earlier and still needing RB's.

I figured there was a risk letting them go another pick cause Masked didn't have a D but I wanted/needed Moreno and took what I thought was a 50/50 gamble on the Bears getting back to me. If Masked had taken them I would have shrugged and moved on, the fact you were the one to take them set me off lol.

For the most part my draft's worked out okay so far in spite of being ninjaed multiple times, but of course my high receiver picks never work out. It always seems to be my third WR that winds up being the best (Wayne last year, D-Jax this year).

I remember.... 

Honestly I'm shocked about SF, thought they would be dominant this year, and chic was going to be more down to earth, Def., but Chic has picked up right where they left off last year.  And While I love Wilson/Lynch it seems 1 kills and the other is ordinary, which I guess if I get 34 pts between them it should not matter where they come from....

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#48 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

My RBs need to step it up (all three are busts so far; DMartin, TRichardson (but he looked good), RMathews)...      
I need a monster day from Manning/Decker and have Manning throw to no one else for yardage/scores... Ha!

I'm down 35; with Manning and Decker (35pts) vs JThomas and Moreno (19pts)....      so really I need Manning/Decker to really out perform.

Not even five minutes into the game and my lead's already cut in half :P

This game's gonna make me real nervous, that's part of the reason why I started Thomas over Gates, was hoping to cut into 'some' of Peyton's inevitable passing production against the Raiders.  

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Of course I'm losing now.  Of course it's by one point.  Thanks again for your big stinkbomb, Hakeem Nicks :rolleyes:

#50 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Of course I'm losing now.  Of course it's by one point.  Thanks again for your big stinkbomb, Hakeem Nicks :rolleyes:

Got to love fantasy. Sure you are posting this on a message board, but thousands of people are probably bugging him on twitter about his "stinkbomb." And of course by stinkbomb we are talking about a team that got totally dominated and Eli didn't have any time to throw a pass. Nicks gets 1 target all game. 

It's usually a never receiver's fault for having a bad game anyway. I just hate what it has become for the players. Your team loses it and you hear it from your own fans. Now you hear it from every team's fans after a bad game. 

Thought it was funny what DeAngelo williams tweeted and retweeted today:

1. Did all the greedy fantasy owners remember to say "THANK YOU" this morning??? #onlyhearyouwhenyouremad

Retweeted by DeAngelo Williams
    Expand
  2. Mad I had no TDs though right? Lol RT @The_Other_JPP13: @DeAngeloRB I see it now! And thanks for the 120 yesterday, I started u in Fantasy!

Fantasy owners have been all over him for how his former OC Rob Chudzinski used him or didn't use him the past two years. Made for a funny tweet after Richardson got dealt.

@ECU2k6: @JayGlazer didn't fit with Chud's offense aka HE IS A RUNNING BACK. Somewhere @deangeloRB is shaking his head” yes I am

Edited by devilsrule33, 23 September 2013 - 11:43 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#51 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

lol this is why I don't bother actually using Twitter - aside from info gathering - or that kind of personal interaction (the tweets at Ray Rice after he got hurt were far worse).  It also helped DeAngelo numbers-wise that Stewart's dissapeared this year but yeah it seems like the only running back Chudzinski's ever happy with is McGahee - coached him at the U and has him now.

I was even more teed off that Peyton's great game couldn't help me in my other league - I was down by like 70 and lost by 20 after Peyton and Prater bombed out their points.  Wound up with the 4th highest total of the week in a 16-team league and still lost comfortably, and I had the second-highest total in Week 1 there and lost that game too. 

btw Nicks himself was b***hing about his lack of targets  :lol:

Asked why he didn't have any Week 3 catches, Nicks reportedly replied "I can't throw the ball to myself."

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 September 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#52 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Wes Welker is killing me, he is stealing all of Thomas' TDs!1  Frack!!

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#53 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

it's funny, in my other league, I am trading Colin Eats-A-D1ck (as crash calls him now), for RG3 straight up (its like a projected 10 point difference between now and the end of the season between the two), and someone in the league is like "OMG WTF STOP TRADING EVERY YEAR" 

Edited by VivaLaFlamme, 24 September 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#54 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

it's funny, in my other league, I am trading Colin Eats-A-D1ck (as crash calls him now), for RG3 straight up (its like a projected 10 point difference between now and the end of the season between the two), and someone in the league is like "OMG WTF STOP TRADING EVERY YEAR" 

Only because every time we trade it works out golden for me and Mike has to watch you eat the cheese fries of appreciation for it :P

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#55 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Then he better not trade with you here or I'm vetoing that s**t   :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 September 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#56 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Then he better not trade with you here or I'm vetoing that s**t   :P

You'd deprive a poor, starving boy his cheese fries????

(ok, starving is a tiny exaggeration.....but still :P )

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#57 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

I don't understand how anyone is blaming RG3 for the Deadskins demise. The "defense" is giving up 30+ points a week.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

I don't understand how anyone is blaming RG3 for the Deadskins demise. The "defense" is giving up 30+ points a week.

It's probably out of place in this thread, but I agree...I was astounded there was even talk of benching him.  Problem with RG3 and really a lot of the read option guys (Kaepernick) is the read option ain't surprising anyone this year, and coaches are getting a little more antsy about using it now that defensive guys are going after the QB.

I'm still amused CRASHER gifted me a win in Week 2 by benching RG3 for El-int, otherwise I'd be 1-2 with the highest point total in the league :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 September 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#59 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

if anyone needs them michael vick and vincent jackson are on the trade block.

#60 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

It's probably out of place in this thread, but I agree...I was astounded there was even talk of benching him.  Problem with RG3 and really a lot of the read option guys (Kaepernick) is the read option ain't surprising anyone this year, and coaches are getting a little more antsy about using it now that defensive guys are going after the QB.

I'm still amused CRASHER gifted me a win in Week 2 by benching RG3 for El-int, otherwise I'd be 1-2 with the highest point total in the league :P

I will gladly lose every week to blow up the Giants season :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users