247 replies to this topic

#81 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Incredibly 3-2 after a win this week even though I only got 3 points from the QB position. But the loss of Julio Jones is brutal for any long-term success.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#82 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

last 2 weeks have been bruttalk, 87 pts each, both loses, the WR better get their asses in gear...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#83 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Incredibly 3-2 after a win this week even though I only got 3 points from the QB position. But the loss of Julio Jones is brutal for any long-term success.

Your problems look well beyond just Julio Junes.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#84 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

I didn't think I'd lose a game I was a 30-point 'favorite' in by 3 PM :lol:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#85 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

this cowboy game is going ot make me tear my hair out in more ways than one.

#86 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

Murray's not going to outscore Witten/Williams by 20, come on lol - especially since Garrett doesn't know what a running game is still...if he does then you might as well pack it in for the season with that kind of luck.  I was kind of annoyed Moreno wasted a great vulture performance, I needed Peyton TD's (though not to Welker) in my other league :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 October 2013 - 07:47 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#87 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

So if anybody is in need of a WR, let me know. I have Cruz, Cobb, Hilton and Blackmon and I could use an upgrade at RB.

Edited by RSC, 13 October 2013 - 07:59 PM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#88 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

And once again, a whole lot of parody here in NJDevs.  

9 of 12 teams at .500 or better (assuming this weeks current results hold...I think they're pretty locked in unless Indy slaughters San Diego in every possible facet of the game).  And really this league, for years, has always been one of the best I've been in when it comes to on the ball decisions on personnel.

It is a thing of pride for me to be on top of the league this year despite having Colin Kaepernick as my starting QB and Joe Flacco as the backup.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#89 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I think you mean parity...parody is watching the Devils try to imitate a hockey team :P

I actually take a tinge of pride in having the top scoring team here each of the last two years and so far this year...not like it does me a lot of good come playoff time though, or so far this year.  Maybe I'm better off squeaking in at 7-6 this time around.

It is telling that one week I think have all this great depth then bam, lose Jones, Murray and the New England ming vase all in one afternoon.  I hope I get Jones back next week or I'll have to use my two TE offense or run McGahee out there in Flex.

#90 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

I've got Megatron and Julio in my $ league. I picked 12th, so they were my 1-2. So far much for that! 

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#91 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

psure Julio is out for the season

#92 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

we are coming for you Value!!!

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#93 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

we are coming for you Value!!!

Pity you didn't realize who you ACTUALLY played this week....your fantasy team looked as feeble and inept as your real one :)

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#94 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Pity you didn't realize who you ACTUALLY played this week....your fantasy team looked as feeble and inept as your real one :)

I did see who i was playing, which is why I could make such a confident declaration. Then I saw that my top players have bye week. I knew I didn't have chance when my only QB option was Will/josh Weedon. Never the less, should be fine the rest of the season.

Congrats on your gift today
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#95 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

I had depth at one position after the draft. The WR spot. Wayne will join Julio Jones in the out-for-the-season list.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#96 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

I had depth at one position after the draft. The WR spot. Wayne will join Julio Jones in the out-for-the-season list.

Congrats. Points for IR?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#97 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Congrats. Points for IR?

Something to vote on during the off-season.

logokx.jpg

#98 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

It is too bad Yahoo doesn't have the ESPN option of putting guys who are just out for one-a few games on IR too.  With only six bench spots, makes it tough when you have a couple of guys out multiple weeks through byes.

#99 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

and this new Yahoo facelift is making it quite the bitch to use one's IR spot....not to mention they drag their feet FOREVER on putting guys on official IR there too.... :rant:

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#100 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

What a Monday night dud  :glare:

Still the highest scoring team in the league (barely)...but have now lost four of five and up against Team VALUE this week.  There's a very real chance I don't even MAKE the playoffs this year  :doh1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users