247 replies to this topic

#161 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Locked in playoffs, all that stands between me and a #1 seed is a beating Manta will never forget.  Come on, Purple Haze, bring it!

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#162 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,276 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

You are right, I will never forget beating you and taking away your #1 spot.

Qapla!!!

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#163 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hello...

Incase you guys missed it, Manta Wins, I win... I get #1... and since Seatleis playing this week, you can lock up 120 for Dynamo Nation....

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#164 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

You better get 120+, I need you and Clown to win this week to have any shot at the playoffs :lol:

Of course with my luck I'll probably GET both the other teams I need to lose to lose and then crap out in a high-scoring game to CRASHER :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#165 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

It still has to 

You better get 120+, I need you and Clown to win this week to have any shot at the playoffs :lol:

Of course with my luck I'll probably GET both the other teams I need to lose to lose and then crap out in a high-scoring game to CRASHER :P

It has to suck to know that 2pts total is the difference between you down there, and you at the #2 spot.

I'd like to take credit to be the first to upset you.   Hey, if we swapped scores; we'd still both be in; but I'd be even more of a bubble team.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#166 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

It still has to 

It has to suck to know that 2pts total is the difference between you down there, and you at the #2 spot.

I'd like to take credit to be the first to upset you.   Hey, if we swapped scores; we'd still both be in; but I'd be even more of a bubble team.

Those two games don't even bother me as much as the two recent games where if I made one different borderline managing decision in each I would have won both of them.  That happens to everyone though, I suppose you only notice it when it happens to yourself.  But yeah losing two games by that razor thin margin didn't help.  I would have actually been top seed with those two wins since my other miniscule loss was to VALUE. 

Also my other league - a 16-team PPR - I'm second overall there in scoring, but am only 7-5.  Lost one ridonculously high scoring game the opening week, and lost this week when I had Edelman, Jared Cook (who stunk most of the year for me) and some random DE for the Rams (who scored a TD) combine for 66 points against me while I had Peyton, Ridley and Cruz lay a stinkbomb.  I still need to win this week and have another team lose to make the playoffs there too.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 November 2013 - 07:13 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#167 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,483 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

I don't know how....but all 3 of my teams with different rosters are ALL 6-6.....go figure :P

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#168 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Those two games don't even bother me as much as the two recent games where if I made one different borderline managing decision in each I would have won both of them.  That happens to everyone though, I suppose you only notice it when it happens to yourself.  But yeah losing two games by that razor thin margin didn't help.  

Also my other league - a 16-team PPR - I'm second overall there in scoring, but am only 7-5.  Lost one ridonculously high scoring game the opening week, and lost this week when I had Edelman, Jared Cook (who stunk most of the year for me) and some random DE for the Rams (who scored a TD) combine for 66 points against me while I had Peyton, Ridley and Cruz lay a stinkbomb.  I still need to win this week and have another team lose to make the playoffs there too.

My RBs; and for the most part, I guess most... are just too inconsistent.  In my cash league I had ~slightly~ better luck.   At least Rice and Murray play (unlike Martin and Richardson -who might as well be IRd for sucking).

It's become a league of managing the WR matchups; which I'm not a fan of.    In my cash league I have DJackson, Floyd, Tate, Boykin, TWilliams, SJohnson.   and it's PPR.     I secured a playoff spot though, and fighting for the division lead (Tied for 1st, but losing on points...   the guy is 8-4; with two of those losses against me... that should count! arg :P  )

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#169 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Manta Wins

Look, if you're going to make outlandish claims, throw a smiley face out there or something. 

Look on the bright side, #2 still gets a bye in the playoffs.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#170 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Look, if you're going to make outlandish claims, throw a smiley face out there or something. 

Lighten up, Francis

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#171 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,276 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

MANTA WINS is a general statement. 

Manta rarely loses and it looks like I have a bye this week considering the weaker competition.

So, yeah lighten up Francis.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#172 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,483 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

MANTA WINS is a general statement. 

Manta rarely loses and it looks like I have a bye this week considering the weaker competition.

So, yeah lighten up Francis.

Bold statement for a guy who's only once finished in the top 3 of this league since 2004..... :whistling:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#173 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,276 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Bold statement for a guy who's only once finished in the top 3 of this league since 2004..... :whistling:

I see the pain killers are starting to kick in.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#174 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,483 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I see the pain killers are starting to kick in.

Go look at the league's history.....yahoo stats don't lie......PS the Vicodin remains untouched and a waste of $40 :P

#175 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,276 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

You can't make the distinction between trash talk and debate.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#176 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

from what it seems, the 7-5s are win and in )of course), and most likely 3 of the 4 7-5s will get in even with a loss unless they lay an absolute stink bomb (talking <40-50 pts). Ayl  is in the most danger due to the fact that all the 6-6s are right on his ass in points.

Swamps is the only 5-7 with a shot, because he is one of the highest scoring teams in the league,  though he needs alot of help (not only does he have to win, he also needs all three 6-6s to lose) he'll help his own cause by beating crasher. 

both the 1 and 2 seeds are still up in the air so this is a week where all hands have to go on deck because everyone needs as many points as they can get

Edited by VivaLaFlamme, 01 December 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#177 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Swamps is the only 5-7 with a shot, because he is one of the highest scoring teams in the league,  though he needs alot of help (not only does he have to win, he also needs all three 6-6s to lose) he'll help his own cause by beating crasher. 

Yeah, I need a straight flush more or less, although being able to control one of the results at least gives me a glimmer.  If ayl'd lost to CRASHER last week it would have been completely unrealistic needing three outside results to go my way (with two of them Masked and Clown winning).

CRASHER's definitely out with a loss, I know that much since five other teams are at 7+ wins and I'd be ahead of him on points.  So at least I can play spoiler with a win if nothing else.

#178 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Sworn D has no remorse stomping Masked... Wasting his huge Jefferey day with an even bigger Decker day. Good thing we don't have Manning too. Oh wait, we do.

Watch Andre Brown score -40 ;)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#179 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

The impossible is actually becoming a little more possible.  I took care of my part, barring a goofball Eli 57-point game.  Hopefully Graham gets 9 points tomorrow and Wilson/Lynch/Morris do enough to beat RSC's 22 point edge and Cruz  ;)

Even on Sunday night it's kind of impossible to tell where the overall standings are going to wind up with everyone bunched together on record and points.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 December 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#180 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Stupid Monday games;  I'd like to finish with the points we have scored through Sunday.  Sworn D would be numero uno.     

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users