Photo

Johan Hedberg at rangers camp on professional tryout?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

What's so weird is I remember thinking Moose was such a young guy.

One year younger than I seemed too much younger to date even.  Now 5 years younger, and I think the dude is my age.

I'm here for the party

#42 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

It's not always that easy to just walk away. He's played hockey his whole life, and has spent 20 years being paid to do what he loves. He's only one year removed from a respectable 2011-12 season. Not a lot of people can just say "oh well, it's over, moving on."

Exactly... I'm sure he had an image of he and Marty playing out the end of this season and skating off into the sunset of retirement to a packed sold out crowd at The Rock saluting them both with a standing ovation. Feel bad for the guy considering how it really went down, regardless of how thrilled I am about having Schneider on our team..

#43 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

I think it's a mistake to walk away too.  It's all ego and pride that leads one to do so.  When I was 12 I left ballet absolutely cold turkey because I didn't have the right legs.  My teachers were shocked and you know, I was praised for it.  they didn't want to have to start giving me crap roles and stuff even if they were just the childrens parts - I didn't get Claira in the Nutcracker and asked what gives - got my answer - I weren't never going to be Claira - got the same from NYC ballet and ABT so I hung up the point shoes before I hardly got them on.  I just dont see the point in wasting time living in/clinging on to some pipe dream.  :noclue: 

YET - I could have held on to that dance training far more than I did. It would have really been beneficial.  And if I wasn't doing it for joy primarily, what is really the point?  Experiences help you learn and move forward and you know, you can do things without having to know you can reach the top echelon. It's kind of a trap to hold yourself to those kinds of goals.  Why not look for I dont know, what happiness is?  I hated the business of acting, marketing yourself is for sh!t and I suck at immodesty - it smacks of lying to me, it's dishonest...   As a parent my view has shifted.  I'm not sure I hold myslef to the same standards I used to.  I dont know. 

I'm proud of these players who stick it out.  I think their motivation is healthier than - my own I guess.  :noclue:  There is a lot more to life and these guys aren't doing anyone harm if they can still perform to the NHL standard even if it's not their own personal best standard.  :noclue:  that's my thinking or the thinking I'm trying to adopt because intellectually I understand it's a lot healthier...

i suspect  :P (you KNOW I'm all competitive with thought to trying to breed the best damm shetlands around now.  I effing have to learn the meaning and acceptance of the term personal best  :P  :rant:  :argh:

I'm here for the party

#44 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

I think it's a mistake to walk away too.  It's all ego and pride that leads one to do so.  When I was 12 I left ballet absolutely cold turkey because I didn't have the right legs.  My teachers were shocked and you know, I was praised for it.  they didn't want to have to start giving me crap roles and stuff even if they were just the childrens parts - I didn't get Claira in the Nutcracker and asked what gives - got my answer - I weren't never going to be Claira - got the same from NYC ballet and ABT so I hung up the point shoes before I hardly got them on.  I just dont see the point in wasting time living in/clinging on to some pipe dream.  :noclue:

YET - I could have held on to that dance training far more than I did. It would have really been beneficial.  And if I wasn't doing it for joy primarily, what is really the point?  Experiences help you learn and move forward and you know, you can do things without having to know you can reach the top echelon. It's kind of a trap to hold yourself to those kinds of goals.  Why not look for I dont know, what happiness is?  I hated the business of acting, marketing yourself is for sh!t and I suck at immodesty - it smacks of lying to me, it's dishonest...   As a parent my view has shifted.  I'm not sure I hold myslef to the same standards I used to.  I dont know. 

I'm proud of these players who stick it out.  I think their motivation is healthier than - my own I guess.  :noclue:  There is a lot more to life and these guys aren't doing anyone harm if they can still perform to the NHL standard even if it's not their own personal best standard.  :noclue:  that's my thinking or the thinking I'm trying to adopt because intellectually I understand it's a lot healthier...

i suspect  :P (you KNOW I'm all competitive with thought to trying to breed the best damm shetlands around now.  I effing have to learn the meaning and acceptance of the term personal best  :P  :rant:  :argh:

psychologist-smiley-emoticon.gif mmmhmmm.... and how did that make you feel?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#45 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

well...

therapy.gif

I like to think that sharing my self-damaging stubbornness can help others learn from ..

what a sec... actually kind of like this would be a self-portrait ... if I was a dude and stuff....:

jerkit.gif

I'm here for the party

#46 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

well...

therapy.gif

I like to think that sharing my self-damaging stubbornness can help others learn from ..

what a sec... actually kind of like this would be a self-portrait ... if I was a dude and stuff....:

jerkit.gif

:joker:  your therapy gif is way better and more concise than the one I used.

#47 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

AHAHahahahahhahahaha -- I almost pasted the jerkit smilie as my professional email signature this morning!  Nice save by Pepperkorn!

I'm here for the party

#48 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

I wouldn't be surprized to see Moose in a pens uniform now.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#49 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

I wouldn't be surprized to see Moose in a pens uniform now.

That'd be a nice full circle story.

#50 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

I think I just read that they signed Delauriers today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users