78 replies to this topic

#41 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

How about those Ravens! We just crushed Cleveland :)
Loving the intensity of the SF/SEA game

Crushed??? Seriously?? Crushed....the purple haze fumes went back to your head :P

Then again I guess the pop-gun offense with no Ray Rice getting 14 points is a crushing :blink:

And I'm done with fraking lightning delays....play the stupid games already!!!

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#42 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Seattle having their away again with SF. 22-3.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#43 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

This game has been horrible.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#44 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

To many. To many penalities by both. Every other play. Two of the best teams in the league though. Will be fun to watch them again later in the season.

#45 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

Already regretting calling the Bucs a sleeper. Josh Freeman sucks and it's amazing how many stupid penalties they take. 

Apparently him and Schiano do not get along at all, and Freeman wants a trade. I don't think many teams will want him but I can see him going to maybe Minnesota. 

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,426 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

As non-special as Freeman is, I'd run to take him if I'm Jacksonville.  God, that offense is scary bad.

Then again, getting Freeman would hurt their chances at Bridgewater lol

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 September 2013 - 06:39 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#47 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

As non-special as Freeman is, I'd run to take him if I'm Jacksonville. God, that offense is scary bad.

Then again, getting Freeman would hurt their chances at Bridgewater lol

The Jags should just get it over with and sign Tebow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

So Freeman hates Schiano?? I just gained some respect for him!!

The Jaguars are amazingly awful....at least they got across midfield this week!!!

1185404_509603609119606_1836558758_n.jpg

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#49 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,122 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Bill Barnwell on Ron Rivera: http://www.grantland...ek-2-nfl-season

Ron Rivera did it again. After passing on an opportunity to convert a fourth-and-1 to beat the Falcons last year, a move that ended up turning a near-certain win into a loss, Rivera faced another tough situation Sunday and chose the most conservative option available despite the nature of his team. And let's be clear: That's the biggest problem with Rivera's decision-making at the end of close games. It's not that he's making decisions that go against the numbers, nor is it that he's choosing the most tentative, risk-averse option available to him. It's that he refuses to recognize his team's strengths and adapt his decision-making to incorporate them. This isn't Thank You For Not Coaching; it's Thank You For Not Learning.

In short, Rivera passed up another fourth-and-1 game-sealer to put his defense in a situation where it needed to produce a stop to win. With 1:42 left, the Panthers were up three on the Bills, who were out of timeouts. Carolina was facing a fourth-and-1 on Buffalo's 21-yard line with two clear options. The aggressive choice was to go for it, a move that would have allowed the Panthers to kneel three times and end the game, with the downside of allowing the Bills to tie the game if they stuffed the Panthers and drove for a field goal (or lose if the Bills scored a touchdown.)3 The conservative option was to kick a field goal and force the Bills to drive down the field and score a touchdown, at which point they would (barring a failed extra point) win the game.

What is unquestionably true is that the Panthers are a wildly successful team in short yardage. Since Rivera took over and the Panthers drafted Cam Newton first overall, Carolina has run the ball on third-and-1 or fourth-and-1 43 times. It has converted 35 of those runs for first downs or touchdowns, meaning that its break-even rate on those plays has been a whopping 81.4 percent. Newton, in particular, has been near-unstoppable: He is 16-for-18 on those carries as a pro. You wouldn't want to risk sneaking him on every single short-yardage play just for the purposes of keeping him healthy, but with the game on the line, you simply have to turn to Newton. And even if you don't, Carolina's backfield is full of expensive running backs; Jonathan Stewart is hurt, but the Panthers could just as easily have handed the ball to DeAngelo Williams or Mike Tolbert. Even if you want to accuse that data of being too small to analyze, what do you think Carolina's "true" success rate is if it ran the ball a million times with a yard to go against an average defense? Would it convert 60 percent of the time? 70 percent? Literally, if the Panthers had to sit down and write a résumé, the first strength they would mention is their effectiveness in short yardage. And yet, Rivera turned down another opportunity to use that strength to seal a victory.

Edited by devilsrule33, 16 September 2013 - 09:03 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#50 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

I love Bill Barnwell and Robert Mays at Grantland (and also Chris Brown). Cool to see I'm not the only one who reads him/them.

MD2020: Agreed, between the long delay, the penalties, and SF doing zilch... I expected a lot better. 

Crash: I think the Jags were 6-point underdogs, which looked like the best bet of the week. Amazingly they couldn't even cover with a non-Gabbert QB starting for them. What a horrible team. 

Edited by nmigliore, 16 September 2013 - 10:25 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#51 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

that game last night was horrific....least after the storm....the NFL has to do something about these lightning delays (not to mention there was no way to see the TB-NO game since none of the overruns picked it up)....and that game lost its nasty edge....and my interest after the hour delay.....then again an hour of Dull Patrick and Tony Dungy probably put half the country into a coma behind that wall of bland....

I really thought Henne could do SOMETHING in that game in a last chance thing....I can't remember seeing as bad a QB pair (well maybe Sanchez and Tebow but timmUHAY was never a QB in my eyes) as Henne and Gabbert......

#52 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,122 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

I love Bill Barnwell and Robert Mays at Grantland (and also Chris Brown). Cool to see I'm not the only one who reads him/them.

MD2020: Agreed, between the long delay, the penalties, and SF doing zilch... I expected a lot better. 

Crash: I think the Jags were 6-point underdogs, which looked like the best bet of the week. Amazingly they couldn't even cover with a non-Gabbert QB starting for them. What a horrible team. 

Barnwell is the best football writer I have seen out there. He has nailed exactly what Panthers fans have been pissed off about for two years and two games with Rivera. He has no interest in coaching to the strengths of the football club at all. You can't coach like that. 

Barnwell brought up an excellent point I never really thought have. The Panthers were up 3 with just under two minutes left at the Bills 21.It was 4th and 1, and the Bills were out of timeouts. Rivera said he briefly thought of going for it, but liked the idea of making the Bills having to score to win more. But even if you didn't get the first down (the odds showing that's might be 15-20% for Carolina), most coaches with a young QB or even a veteran don't think of going for the win there. He writes:

NFL teams approach situations. In a three-point game, the Bills are far more likely to try to get into field goal range and set up for an easy attempt that would force overtime without risking a game-ending interception; down six, they'll have no other choice but to be hyper-aggressive and try to score a touchdown.

And that's the issue with Carolina. They have an awful secondary to begin with that is banged up and even a good pass rush gets very tired in the 4th quarter, Truly Amazing that Rivera has learned nothing. As Barnwell says, he is coaching the team like he has never seen them play. Pathetic. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 16 September 2013 - 10:55 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#53 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

How about those Ravens! We just crushed Cleveland :)
Loving the intensity of the SF/SEA game

Crushed??? Seriously?? Crushed....the purple haze fumes went back to your head :P
!!

That was sarcasm.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#54 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

About the only good news about Carolina is that they have the week 4 bye, so if they're going to make a midseason coaching change to save their season, now's the time.  Fire Rivera and give someone who's got the stones to run this team an interim tag.  It's a race between Schiano and Rivera as to which one hits the unemployment line first.

Very happy about a 2-0 Miami squad.  Atlanta is going to be a tough game, but I'm hopeful that our QB pressure can rattle Matt Ryan enough to pull it out this coming week.  

Baltimore looked bad, but Cleveland looked worse.  I don't want to shovel dirt on their year yet, but IIRC since the division realignment no team who's gone 0-2 to start the season has even made the playoffs.  

Was absolutely stunned on how the Philly/SD game went.  A WC team coming East for a 1 PM start and ran with what's supposed to be a fast Eagles team...well, it was fast, but their defense was sadly fast and loose.  SD may be tougher than advertiized, and it may be time to pump the breaks on the Eagles' resurgence (not to mention the Skins' repeat division title).  Dallas looks better and better for the NFCE each day.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#55 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

2007 Giants wont he superbowl starting 0-2

#56 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

I know my Ravens have been gutted, but since no one in my division looks remotely competitive aside from Cinny.   We might sneak in the playoffs at .500

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#57 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,426 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

A little hard to have a .500 wildcard.  At least with Giant fans they have some justification for saying they could sneak in at .500 cause that might win their crap-ass division :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#58 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

A little hard to have a .500 wildcard. At least with Giant fans they have some justification for saying they could sneak in at .500 cause that might win their crap-ass division :P

We have a crap-ass division in which rivalries may trump talent when the Triumvirate of mediocrity (Pitt/Clev/Balt) play Cincy in divisional play. We could win the division at .500. Not likely, but a possibility.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#59 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Trent Richardson has been traded to the Colts

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#60 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

that is a HUGE trade for the Colts, giving up only a 1st round pick. I think that division is sitll houstons to lose (they have a better D) but wow. just wow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users