All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Nice :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#62 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

That's a big shot, wow.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#63 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yeah Gelinas can fire it. That was a beaut.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#64 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

This no touch icing is stupid, pointless, and slows the game down. Get rid of it...what braindead moron would suggest this crap?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#65 Bane

Bane

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

preseason or not, i love beating the rags.

#66 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

I thought they always play a shoot out in the preseason?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#67 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I thought they always play a shoot out in the preseason?

Wasn't that just the first year?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#68 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Not A Big Fan Of Corys Pure Hockey Commercial Though...Kinda bleh
Posted Image

#69 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

I really enjoyed that game. A lot of guys looked really good, and it's got me very excited for the season. I know it's just preseason, and guys will look better when the competition isn't quite as good, but I was impressed with a lot of these guys.

Tedenby played surprisingly well. His level of energy is not likely to be sustainable, but he seemed a lot stronger and he didn't seem to be making many (any?) serious mistakes. If he keeps it up, he very well may make the team this year.

Josefson also had a good game, I thought. He looked particularly good on that PP. He could be good for the second unit in Elias's spot. Jake is becoming quite a smooth puck handler.

Larsson was just awesome for most of this game. You can already sense the confidence coming back.

Olesz seemed nervous or something at times tonight, but he looks like he's got all the tools, and a very good shot. I thought he played pretty well, too.

Too bad Gelinas will probably not get much NHL time this year. I could see him becoming quite a player. That shot was nasty, but he had a very good game overall, I thought.

How did you guys feel about Boucher? He seems like he's got a lot of work to do before he can make it in the NHL. He was getting pushed around a lot tonight.

#70 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

This no touch icing is stupid, pointless, and slows the game down. Get rid of it...what braindead moron would suggest this crap?

I dunno, every other hockey league in the world has no-touch icing.  It's not no-touch icing, it's hybrid icing.

Edited by Triumph, 16 September 2013 - 09:06 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#71 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

It's a race to the hash marks isn't it? If it saves some injuries from occurring, I'm not against it I guess.

#72 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Tedenby did the things he's supposed to (went to the net, scored a goal, drew a penalty) and did the things that frustrate me about him (tried stickhandling with 0% chance of success, had a horrendous shift in the D zone where he was way out of position all shift).  

Josefson looked good but I usually think that about him.  Led NJ with 4 shots on goal, apparently.

Loktionov was excellent.  I don't know how the Kings gave this kid away but he really could be a special player - it's not likely, but the ability seems to be there.  He makes smart plays with the puck so often and makes plays to get the puck back too, and he skates very well.

Olesz did some nice things and not so nice things, but I expect a degree of rust on him.

Gelinas's shot was great, but it seemed like he was trying to take it whenever possible, whether it made sense or not.  Didn't like some of his plays in the defensive zone either.

Urbom skates well but his puckhandling needs work.

Boucher's shot is impressive and he also made some shrewd plays with the puck on the power play, but I think a lot of the other elements in his game could use some work.

And lastly Larsson, who to me, just looked bigger out there.  He played 25 minutes, all situations, and looked pretty good - I wish he'd take fewer hits, but his skating looks to have improved.  We'll see what happens when the real games start, but I'm hoping he can put last year behind him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#73 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Too bad Gelinas will probably not get much NHL time this year. I could see him becoming quite a player. That shot was nasty, but he had a very good game overall, I thought.

How did you guys feel about Boucher? He seems like he's got a lot of work to do before he can make it in the NHL. He was getting pushed around a lot tonight.

Gelinas shot is sick but I still think another year in the AHL will help him. He missed some time last year and I still think he'll need to get better defensively. Wouldn't mind him getting some time in the NHL if injuries hit though and they are desperate for PP help.

I hope fans recognize that Boucher is very much a work in progress. I feel like a lot of people (mainly on twitter) saw his goal scoring totals last year and think he's some great prospect. I liked his passing tonight but still think he has to get much better in pretty much all facets of the game outside of his nasty shot. Intriguing prospect for the organization but he'll need some time in the AHL.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#74 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Cory will definitely be pumped up for Rags games, after all Vigneault is coaching there, his ex-coach. Hopefully he is upset at his coach for what transpired and we see our fortunes change against Lundqvuist.

#75 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I dunno, every other hockey league in the world has no-touch icing.  It's not no-touch icing, it's hybrid icing.

so when you adopt the poor habits/ideas of inferior leagues...you will soon find yourself on equal footing

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#76 Rogan The Goat

Rogan The Goat

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

That paddle save was fvcking sick!

#77 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

want to give Harrold some love, he deserves minutes, on the one goal against he was out of position trying to help Gelinas out.

Berni/henrique/Boucher was a great line

what else, Schnie

Im not a JJ fan but he can play the boards.

Posted Image

#78 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

Schneider looked great, I am ploeased.

#79 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

My first time attending a pre season game.. and man the trash definently comes out for these.. 2 ranger fans sitting behind us in 122 intentionally spilling beer on devil fans.. had a group of ranger fans arguing with us on the train telling us how jersey smells like sh!t this and that.. I told them I was from NY and if they had a problem with jersey to stay out of it
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#80 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

Four players stood out for me. Schneider, Gelinas, Larsson, and Loktionov.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users