123 replies to this topic

#81 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

Cory impressed the hell out of me tonight, kid never gets rattled and is always calm and collected, never panics, his rebound control is also top notch. As soon as he signs his extension i'm buying a Schneider jersey
25smul5.png

#82 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

My first time attending a pre season game.. and man the trash definently comes out for these.. 2 ranger fans sitting behind us in 122 intentionally spilling beer on devil fans.. had a group of ranger fans arguing with us on the train telling us how jersey smells like sh!t this and that.. I told them I was from NY and if they had a problem with jersey to stay out of it

F Ranger fans, that's my philosophy. I've never met a single one that ever had an intelligent thing to say. to them, Messier is god, 94 happens over...and they never show respect even when its obvious they should.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#83 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

Bernier was great out there as well.

Edited by Zubie#8, 16 September 2013 - 10:51 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#84 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

Wasn't that just the first year?

Ah okay, that could very well be the case.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#85 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

So if Brunner makes the team we have one hell of a lineup.

Elias Zajac Jagr

Clowe Henrique Ryder

Zubrus Loktionov Brunner

Olesz Carter Bernier

believe-zubrus.jpg

#86 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Look at Tedenby's scar....I'm really glad he was able to come back from that horrific injury. I know he's a guy that we've all kind of been disapointed in but I'm really pulling for him to have a breakout year and make this squad.

http://www.youtube.c...gnFx6KiQn8#t=12

Edited by GoArmySports, 16 September 2013 - 11:33 PM.

#87 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

Elias Zajac Jagr

Clowe Henrique Ryder

Zubrus Loktionov Brunner

Olesz Carter Bernier

That is one seriously sweet lineup.

Posted Image

#88 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

Look at Tedenby's scar....I'm really glad he was able to come back from that horrific injury. I know he's a guy that we've all kind of been disapointed in but I'm really pulling for him to have a breakout year and make this squad.

http://www.youtube.c...gnFx6KiQn8#t=12

He is not one for interviews is he. That was nearly as awkward as Larsons interviews after the draft.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#89 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,388 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Last night was a fun game.  It's just what I like to see in pre-season.  I love this time of year when just so much is going on  and lines aren't set and it's fun to see there was nothing rote about the game.  I'm always let down by Devils pre-season just because it's always set, established, and you know what you're going to see and no one is looking for anything new or trying to really see what's under the hood, you know?  Everyone is just focusing on the game, focus is on hockey, not the other team, not one guy, no one is just taking care of themselves - they're all in a place where they can focus on their teammates.  I love team work like that.

I felt like everyone is at a place where it's safe to show what we've got.  It's so deep, it's fine to show everything - the team is a force to be reckoned with based straight up on personnel  Everyone clicks to a decent extent out there.  I love that.  The chemistry is just there because of who everyone is.  So they can just play their game and the rangers were just blank characterless foes, you know?  THAT'S the way hockey should be.  MY TEAM has the character, the style the control :P  the other guys are just there to make my team more interesting  :evil:

I'm here for the party

#90 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

It is true that this preseason is more intriguing than others, mainly because there's a ton of competition for roster/lineup spots up front and on D.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#91 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Great game last night! Was hoping to see some Jagr action but to see the young players get some ice time was good. 

Larson, Teddy and Cory were the standouts from what I saw.

And yea, Gelinas shot was something to see!  The crowd wasn't too bad either, the battling back n forth with "Lets go Rangers" vs "Rangers suck!" is always entertaining.

Overall a positive experience, even the dancers looked better this year, haha

#92 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

As soon as he signs his extension i'm buying a Schneider jersey

Hell yes ! Same here :P

Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#93 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

I'd really love to see Gelinas make the team, he looked very solid out there and he has an absolute bomb. Devils have lacked a defenseman with a big shot for a while now, I think he would be a big asset and add more than someone like Volchenkov or even Fayne who I thought looked very mediocre last night.
25smul5.png

#94 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

I think the "A" looked good on henrique!  didnt like that he hit the goalie on that point blank wrister, but he did win a big D zone face-off late against Boyle

#95 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Overall a positive experience, even the dancers looked better this year, haha

Who needs the Devils Dancers when you got Earl's Dance Party
25smul5.png

#96 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Elias Zajac Jagr

Clowe Henrique Ryder

Zubrus Loktionov Brunner

Olesz Carter Bernier

in a way i really hope Tedenby make it cause i want to see him succeed. I also want to see Brunner signed. But there's no one there that i'd bump out either...if i really had to take out one it would be Olesz but this guy could be really good too.

those are all good problems to have

www.SterioDesign.com

#97 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

My 3 stars were Schneiderman, Larsson and Loktionov

Larsson: Boy, what a difference a summer makes. He looks a lot faster and his first step is certainly more explosive. PDB played him 25 minutes and he looked fantastic doing it

Schneider: I think I forgot what real goaltending and positioning looked like. He is just so smooth and has fantastic technique. 

Loktionov: He was dangerous every time he stepped on the ice. I could see him breaking out with 50 points with the right linemates

#98 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Larsson: Boy, what a difference a summer makes. He looks a lot faster and his first step is certainly more explosive. PDB played him 25 minutes and he looked fantastic doing it

Schneider: I think I forgot what real goaltending and positioning looked like. He is just so smooth and has fantastic technique.

Loktionov: He was dangerous every time he stepped on the ice. I could see him breaking out with 50 points with the right linemates

Larsson: strength, his hit on Asham looked effortless and it was pretty solid!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#99 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Larsson: strength, his hit on Asham looked effortless and it was pretty solid!

Loktionov looked AWESOME. And he was backchecking like a mofo. Plus he's good on the PK so whoever is saying he is a defensive liability doesn't watch games.

Asham was laughing with another ranger player after that hit from Larsson. Probably like damn he got me good

Devils.

#100 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

Any chance to find some replay from this game ? 

thanks in advance ! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users