Photo

Prospects Poll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Prospects Poll (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these prospects is least likely to be moved?

1. Jon Merrill (17 votes [62.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

2. Reid Boucher (4 votes [14.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

3. Damon Severson (6 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Which of these prospects excites you the most for the future?

1. Jon Merrill (17 votes [62.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

2. Reid Boucher (6 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Damon Severson (4 votes [14.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion about these three prospects

#2 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

I said Severson for both. He and Merrill are both quite exciting for the future. I just think Severson has slightly higher potential + his trade value seems lower at the moment. No idea which of those two actually will turn out to be the better player.

EDIT But I have not yet seen any of tonight's game, so I can't tell how they compare.

Edited by nessus, 19 September 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#3 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

I also said Severson for both. I watched him a couple times last year in the WHL and was really impressed at how well rounded and smooth his game was. I think he's a safer bet than Merrill to reach his potential.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#4 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

OK - I'm just writing it here.  Statign the obvious btu it just irks me.

Why as Sal not the guy helping make Merrill and Severson look good?  Yeah, Odin be praised he wasn't out there screwing them up.  Greene was so adorable with them - I loved that. Greene has a palpable kind of support - you could feel his happiness when they were there, you know?  He was having fun I felt.

I think Severson is great -- for me, only what I saw, he's a little vanilla.  Which is great.  i love vanilla. And I didn't even think about him before I saw him tonight.  :noclue:

But Merrill -- he's what I hoped, this game at least.  It seems to me he's learning some really important things and put them into practice.

I liked Gelinas a lot too - but so much was getting thrown at the wal, he was really doign a lot  too much really -- but he DID know, and know how to use, what stuck. That is saying a lot.  But Severson and Merrill were very collected for the most part.  And not in a big, maybe stupid, way Larrson always has you kind of wondering about. I wasn't really confident in what I was seeing form Larrson -- but these guys == I know what I'm getting -- or so it feels.

Again - I'm really happy!  FUNF UFUFNFUFNUFUN!!!

I just wanted to add I felt like Volchenkov did a really nice job mentoring the game before as well, so I'm off the get rid of Volch bandwagon for now.  Had Sal done even that much I think I'd have been happy.  but Greene did Sal's job instead.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 20 September 2013 - 06:06 AM.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users